The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

• 2 weeks later...

The shoulders still aren't raised unfortunately T_T. I guess thats not happening. I like that they at least painted the minis, but how come the VB-6 is just the bland desert yellow? Where are the markings, despite being the largest of the minis? At least paint them to the level of detail that is on the VF-25 Minis.

Couple more pics:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/10/dx-...-images_30.html

Including with the flight deck holstered!

4057592284_595cbe7590.jpg

And full color minis:

4057592422_16c01f0ba4.jpg

Well, that does it. I'm ordering a 2nd Quarter just for an extra set of minis and its reasonable price. After all, the fund's already there for the Yammie SDF1 which I won't be buying since it's a resin kit, and not a completed, painted toy.

Aren't we getting Raramia and Nene's Q-rea's? (and some cannon fodder VF-25's and at least Brera's VF-27??? Is that too much to ask for?

EDIT: I am probably VERY alone but I actually kind of prefer the "plain" VF-25! looks more like an fighter jet and would go better on a "flight deck"

Edited by regult

Leave it to MW members to find something to bitch abou even with this magnificent DX Quarter..

Stupid Bandai!! Look at those little figures you included! Totally not anime accurate fugly piece of shmyts!!

I am so heartbroken! That's it! No more Macross Frontier for me!

Seriously - holstered flight deck? ... that's a bit risque... why would they want the Quarter to holster it's flight deck to use a 5 fingered hand?

Pete

I think firing its mega ultra cannons required holstering. Happened in the anime and was totally awesome. XD

I love this figure, don't get me wrong. I was just asking for the same detail to be applied to the VB-6, my favorite amongst all the minis, as was applied to the other minis, like the VF-25s.

I would worry about the mini details, I doubt we have seen production samples yet.

Considering they are very likely gashapon-style soft plastic figures (if SoC Iron Gear is anything to go by), they'll probably be as detailed as can be seen in those pictures.

Leave it to MW members to find something to bitch abou even with this magnificent DX Quarter..

Stupid Bandai!! Look at those little figures you included! Totally not anime accurate fugly piece of shmyts!!

I am so heartbroken! That's it! No more Macross Frontier for me!

Seriously - holstered flight deck? ... that's a bit risque... why would they want the Quarter to holster it's flight deck to use a 5 fingered hand?

Pete

C'mon Pete, you know we need anime accurate figures!!!!

nice find! Do they ship to the us?

As of roughly 6-7 days ago... yes. EMS only, but it's unlikely the the MacQuarter would ship any other way anyhoo.

They have a similar system to HLJ. They send a notice once the stuff you've ordered comes into stock with the total amount owed and you send them the amount in yen via paypal. Got my first order with them going through right now, and if everything seems ship-shape I foresee them getting a lot of my business in the future :D (at least, for larger/more expensive items).

Is that 25% deal a preorder deal? Or does it continue even after its released?

Also, anime export seems to support SAL shipping?

http://www.anime-export.com/u_productpage....rodotti_id=5395

HLJ's description talks about a gerwalk mode. What gerwalk mode? I didnt think battleships had gerwalk modes. >_>

Edited by Cent

Is that 25% deal a preorder deal? Or does it continue even after its released?

Also, anime export seems to support SAL shipping?

http://www.anime-export.com/u_productpage....rodotti_id=5395

HLJ's description talks about a gerwalk mode. What gerwalk mode? I didnt think battleships had gerwalk modes. >_>

The "EMS only" was in reference to amiami.com, which is where the 25% off deal is, not anime export. AE does indeed support SAL shipping. :)

They seem to continue their sale specials after release, though they sometimes drop to only 15%-20%.

There's a sort of "half transformation" phase that the MacQuarter goes through which resembles a gerwalk mode-

post-6466-1257194515_thumb.jpg

I would like to see more pictures in Macross mode. That's the mode I'm going to primarily be keeping it in anyways. Yeah - the battroid is cool - but I like the who battleship idea and I don't have any other super dimmensional space battle ships in my collection :)

Pete

As of roughly 6-7 days ago... yes. EMS only, but it's unlikely the the MacQuarter would ship any other way anyhoo.

They have a similar system to HLJ. They send a notice once the stuff you've ordered comes into stock with the total amount owed and you send them the amount in yen via paypal. Got my first order with them going through right now, and if everything seems ship-shape I foresee them getting a lot of my business in the future :D (at least, for larger/more expensive items).

WOW!!! Thanks to Tober and you. I haven't notice that Amiami now has ENGLISH webpages and WILL SELL to foreign devils like ME now. THANKS AGAIN!!!

You've made my day. :lol:^_^

Do they only ask for payment info when it's ready to ship?

I tried placing an order with them but didn't get any request for payment info unlike HLJ which asks you for payment info at the time of the order, even though they don't charge until they are about to ship.

WOW!!!

Yeah - "wow" - gee Pete, you were right all along with what you wrote in the Bitching About Yamato Prices thread that prices were falling on Macross goods. Wow. These prices are insanely low. Wow, even the Yamato stuff is priced lower. Wow - we should listen to you more often Pete ;)

Pete

Do they only ask for payment info when it's ready to ship?

I tried placing an order with them but didn't get any request for payment info unlike HLJ which asks you for payment info at the time of the order, even though they don't charge until they are about to ship.

They'll send you an e-mail with the total owed and an e-mail address to send your money to via paypal along with an order confirmation id#, similar to the way HLJ used to handle paypal orders.

They ONLY take Paypal for the time being.

So it is EMS only on that shop?

Yep, they seem to have partly implimented SAL as an option now.

You have to leave a comment in your order description requesting it tho.

* Now we start to accept "SAL small packet registered" on trial to meet many customers' requests.

Though we will add about 700 yen as the registered fee and our handling charge to the normal SAL shipping rate, the shipping cost of the items less or equal 2kg must be lower.

If you wish SAL Registered shipping, please write "Request for SAL Registered shipping if possible" above.

Remember, "SAL Registered" may be more reliable than normal SAL(not registered), but not so much as "EMS" is.

And SAL shipping takes more days to be delivered.