The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

What were you guys expecting? Unicron style transformations?

I'm glad Macross capital ships's mode transformation is simple, a feature like that shouldn't be too complex considering it's a warship.

I'm glad Macross capital ships's mode transformation is simple, a feature like that shouldn't be too complex considering it's a warship.

we're just talking about the speculation that the proportions are off to accommodate the transformation... and that laying down isn't really "transforming".

Hmm...maybe I can build my own out of LEGO bricks. Don't really like the UCS Millennium Falcon I just bought yesterday. Nothing much to play with except for the cockpit, the gun turrets, and the exit ramp. The rest of the ship are just structural supports and plates, which is good because it means now I have over 5000 pieces of grey plastic LEGO bricks to build Macross stuff with. :lol:

p.s. I bought it because it has the the lowest $:lego brick ratio. Also, most of them are grey. Good for making other space tech stuff.

Luckily, it was available locally. Shipping EMS for this box will kill me with the transport costs; It weighs about 20KG. Ouch.

Edited by blacklotus

Hmm...maybe I can build my own out of LEGO bricks. Don't really like the UCS Millennium Falcon I just bought yesterday. Nothing much to play with except for the cockpit, the gun turrets, and the exit ramp. The rest of the ship are just structural supports and plates, which is good because it means now I have over 5000 pieces of grey plastic LEGO bricks to build Macross stuff with. :lol:

p.s. I bought it because it has the the lowest $:lego brick ratio. Also, most of them are grey. Good for making other space tech stuff.

Luckily, it was available locally. Shipping EMS for this box will kill me with the transport costs; It weighs about 20KG. Ouch.

Go for it. I can think of 2 or 3 SDF-1s, but if you can make a Quarter, it'd be a first.

Go for it. I can think of 2 or 3 SDF-1s, but if you can make a Quarter, it'd be a first.

Thanks for the encouragement. Guess the 1st step is to go grab some good quality lineart for reference. Also, I just found out LEGO actually has a program to design stuff for free download. (Yeah, I haven't actually visited Lego's website until recently. I didn't even know it had one. Sorry. Old man here who has to work for a living.)

And yeah, I'm getting lots of inspiration from the LEGO Gundams/Getter Robos/etc our Japanese LEGO fans built for their conventions. WOW! :blink: :blink:

Thanks for the encouragement. Guess the 1st step is to go grab some good quality lineart for reference. Also, I just found out LEGO actually has a program to design stuff for free download. (Yeah, I haven't actually visited Lego's website until recently. I didn't even know it had one. Sorry. Old man here who has to work for a living.)

And yeah, I'm getting lots of inspiration from the LEGO Gundams/Getter Robos/etc our Japanese LEGO fans built for their conventions. WOW! :blink: :blink:

OH GAWD, NO!

Do NOT use Lego Digital Designer. It lacks parts, has a fidgety connection system, and can't simulate structural capabilities.

Instead, get a better program, like LCAD or something.

OH GAWD, NO!

Do NOT use Lego Digital Designer. It lacks parts, has a fidgety connection system, and can't simulate structural capabilities.

Instead, get a better program, like LCAD or something.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try a better program then. ^_^

Hey Guys, I figured before the other threads start going off topic, I would start one for the Macross Quarter from Macross Frontier. So far a few pictures have surfaced sparking alot of interest and alot of speculation that one might be in the works or just to mess with our heads.

So with that being said, If Bandai were to put out a well detailed Macross Quarter. would you buy one? and what scale would you prefer. Like the WAVE SDF-1 in 1/5000, or do we get for real and have a 1/3000 like the old school SDF-1?

Lets hear from ya!! B))

Feel free to check out our latest offers guys at www.anime-export.com we offer usually 10% on Macross. we can ship SAL EMS, and we are id authority approved as a serious business.

Thanks

Boris :)

• 2 weeks later...

We do a 10% off on all preorders.

This is the DX Chogokin Macross Quarter link http://www.anime-export.com/u_productpage....rodotti_id=5395

if you pay for your pre-order you will secure your item if it gets too popular...! :rolleyes:

[/quote

This is off the topic but if your site listing doesn't have an image does it mean that you don't have the item? I'm interested in a 1/144 GFF 0034 RX-78 GP03S Gundam Stamen & Weapon System or two...

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't look like much has changed from previous pictures. I'm still waiting to see if the legs will extend properly.

I wonder what is the purpose of being able to remove the elevator pads from the deck. At first, I thought it was to simulate elevating a valk to the deck, but then the area at the bottom should be painted to look the same as the piece that was taken off.

Doesn't look like much has changed from previous pictures. I'm still waiting to see if the legs will extend properly.

I wonder what is the purpose of being able to remove the elevator pads from the deck. At first, I thought it was to simulate elevating a valk to the deck, but then the area at the bottom should be painted to look the same as the piece that was taken off.

my first thought would be that they're storage space for the little miniature figures that come with it.

December? As in Christmastime December?

Aw, damn... And I've already got a PG Strike on my list... I barely convinced my parents to get me my Valks last year...

Solution: Find a job

Problem with solution: No one will hire me...

I know what that is like. More like for me no one was actively hiring at all, lol.

Battleship mode looks pretty good, hope the color is darker though.

Hot lights at trade shows make EVERYTHING look washed out. Fortunately, the magazine pics have shown it as a lot darker and more metallic.

Very excited for the quarter :D Just got to find a place to put it ... hmmm....

(continued from here )

Right, Macross Quarter.

IMG_0304.jpg

There seems to two color version of the quarter. The darker one we're all familiar with (in the background), and this lighter one. I wonder if this is the Movie color and the darker one is the 'Real' color. I think I prefer the lighter colored one though, brings out the details more.

IMG_0300.jpg

The darker macross quarter...

IMG_0296.jpg

As we all know, the Quarter will come with in-scale VF-25, Konig Monster and Vajra. But you're really gotta to see it appreciate how tiny they are. They're about the size of your thumbnail!

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

If you look closely (sorry for the blurred pictures, it's an old Canon A620 :p ), there's actually quite a fair bit of sculpted detail especially on the Vajra and Konig Monster. At first I was disappointed that these didn't look like they would be painted. Then again, given how small they are, I think it would be something short of a miracle if they were painted well and the paint didn't leak all over, so having it unpainted might not be a bad thing after all.

Next, close-in shots of the Quarter herself:

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

Somehow, this shot reminds me a lot of the Gundam ships, especially the White Ship and its derivatives

IMG_0302.jpg

When I reviewed this picture, I was wondering where the lower torso went. It really does look like it got chopped at the waist!

IMG_0323.jpg

All in though, when viewed in person, the Quarter just has presence, even next to the Armoured Alto VF-25. I'd start saving up for this pronto.

Next: Q-rea goodness!

The lighter color version looks cool But I'll definitely get the Dark color scheme 1st!! Thanks for the pics!! B))

Oh Bandai, just don't tell me the light color is the movie version and the dark one is for the TV series....

The dark one definitely looks much better. Lets hope the light color one is just an early protptype model, print color is not final.