The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

Well, if it's 20 cm tall in Battroid mode, then it could very well be close to 40 cm long in Carrier mode. You see, the arms are the front of the carrier and the body and legs the back... :D

The ankle is not stretched in carrier mode so I doubt it would be double length. But if it is 26cm tall then on carrier mode it could be same length as the 1/3000 SDF-1! (which is 38cm btw)

DX Chogokin MQ's closest relative:

Bandai SOP Yamato and Bandai SOC GX-38 Irongear. One have electronic light & sound, one can transform. Both come with many moving gun turrets and tiny vehicles. 18000 yen sounds about right for MQ.

Those are very nice. If it costs that much I may not be able to get it. Ill have to see now. It is very exciting though as the Quarter is one of my favorite mecha in Frontier.

Bandai SOP Yamato and Bandai SOC GX-38 Irongear. One have electronic light & sound, one can transform. Both come with many moving gun turrets and tiny vehicles. 18000 yen sounds about right for MQ.

I doubt it will cost this much, the quarter really isn't much longer in cruiser mode than it is tall in attacker mode, so it's not going to be nearly as big as either of the ones you listed, and it's (probably) not going to have lights or sounds (at least I hope it doesn't, light's and sounds are so cheesy).

Considering it's in the same line as the 1/60 VF-25's it will probebly be priced in line with them (12,000 to 16,000 yen retail, depending on accessories and gimmicks)

Also, the Quarter doesn't have a complicated transformation like Irongear - it's basicly "stretch out the arms and legs, and stand up".

One thing I would love is if the Quarter would come with its own assortment of miniature PVC mecha and, perhaps, a small companion ship that you have to assemble - that is one of the best features of the Irongear.

Let's say:

- 1 Monster Destroid Bomber

- 1 Monster Destroid Gerwalk

- 1 Monster Destroid Battroid

- 8 Destroids

- 1 Super Alto fighter

- 1 Armored Alto fighter

- 1 Armored Ozma fighter

- 1 Super Michael fighter

- 1 Super Luca fighter

- 4 Super Cannon Fodder fighters

- 1 VF-27 fighter

- 2 VF-27 Cannon Fodder fighters (Galaxy)

- 2 Varja

- 2 Grace-converted Varja (Galaxy)

- 3 Ghost (Galaxy)

- 1 Dulfim carrier (Galaxy)

That would be AWESOME.

Then, for the hypothetical Battle-25, they could add the VF-171 and VF-171EX, more Varja, Destroids, Cannon Fodder Valks, a SDF-Global display base, and cardboard dimension-eater mock-up.

Obvious Battle-25 recolor Macross Galaxy would come with a Varja Queen display base and a buttload of Ghost fighters.

(Hey, I can dream...)

Bandai would probably include SOME mini-mecha, but there's also a chance they'll profit by selling them as gashapons :p

I know I slotted a small fortune getting mini Zoids to make up fighting battalions for the 'playset' style Whale King, Dragoon's Nest and Hover Cargo.

Bandai would probably include SOME mini-mecha, but there's also a chance they'll profit by selling them as gashapons :p

I know I slotted a small fortune getting mini Zoids to make up fighting battalions for the 'playset' style Whale King, Dragoon's Nest and Hover Cargo.

Consider they did gashapon for Macross before I see why not, but probably won't be in scale with the quarter though (too small?)

I just realized a MAJOR problem about the Macross Quarter...

I will need two of them!

I love this design so much in both modes that I will need to have two of them and that is going to kill me financially!

It is a hard life being a macross collector! (not really. Just annoying when I cant afford most of these great artworks).

And I have come to consider my macross "toy" collection, an art collection. People collect sculptures and it is considered to be sophisticated. But when people see my "toys" often times they dont get it and think it is a waste of time and money and a hobby for children. Only a few have been able to see it as art and appreciate the beauty of it.

I don't call them toys at all, i like to refer them as "High End Collectables and Fan Memorabilia"

Leave toys for Transformers (although they are getting more and more complex.)

Yamato doesn't make toys, they make replicas that so happen to be variable just like in the anime.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So Quarter DX can tramsform, and it will have Bobby sound effect screaming "Macross Attack" with the main gun blinking.....I guess I'm hoping too much.

So Quarter DX can tramsform, and it will have Bobby sound effect screaming "Macross Attack" with the main gun blinking.....I guess I'm hoping too much.

Haahaa I am not sure i want to hear the sreaming from Booby while I am playing with this toy! :lol:

However, that would be cool if Bandai can made the gunpod open and light up! B))

post-10429-1226284546_thumb.jpg

post-10429-1226284594_thumb.jpg

I was looking at my WAVE SDF-1 and i think its about 20cm in height. I'm trying to imagine an NMC toy that will be 4 times its height....omg its gonna be HUGEEEEE. Extra plus if it can come with small mini VF-25s.

Class above alot of everything else though i hope you agree, up there with Hasegawa, leave out the QC argument for f sake. They are works of art!

No. Gulletless 1/72 YF-19 and the VF-1D that Hase made, and that everyone is whining Yamato should have made the design like, prove otherwise, amongst many others. Not a fair comparison for sure, my point is, Hasegawa is a model company, Yamato is a toy company, big difference due to different priorities.

Anyways I hope we find out this secret for the size of the Quarter quite soon. Out of all the Macross', the Quarter is one of my favorites because it is so damn manuverable in the series. Never saw anything like it.

400 meters would not fit in my display room.

Not to mention the shipping cost will be astronomical.

So being made out of die cast metal, how heavy this toy will be (how heavy the SDF-1 anyway, the toy not the real one even if its existed) <_<

And for the gimmick, I wonder :

- detachable carrier deck

- movable bridge (able to rotate)

- Heavy Quantum Cannon opening/closing

- movable turret

- mini destroid and VF-25s

Edited by Morpheus

No. Gulletless 1/72 YF-19 and the VF-1D that Hase made, and that everyone is whining Yamato should have made the design like, prove otherwise, amongst many others. Not a fair comparison for sure, my point is, Hasegawa is a model company, Yamato is a toy company, big difference due to different priorities.

the people that consider Yamato products to be actual toy's are the one's in denial. a toy is something you're supposed to PLAY with. Yamato's are models that they build for you. you can put them on your shelf and transform them from time to time but actually playing with them is the last thing I would ever do.

If the DX Chogokin Quarter comes with SFX, it might be stored in a display base, ala SPEC Layzner. Flashing lights... I'm not so sure that's a workable idea, unless the battery is enclosed within the firing arm itself (like the special tube-cell for the PG Eva). Who wants to deal with crimped wiring, eh? Chances are, a larger Quarter with all the gimmicks could be produced as a MG-level kit.

i play with my yamatos

i play with all my toys when the mood strikes me.

I used to play with my Yamato valks (and my other expensive toy's). then they broke. now I don't play with them any more.

(I still transform my valks from time to time. but I don't zoom them around the room or try to have mock battles with them.)

400 meters would not fit in my display room.

errm your point being......

Who'd care you could display your collection in the corner of the flight deck. :)

I imagine the ground rent would be quite high though.

I used to play with my Yamato valks (and my other expensive toy's). then they broke. now I don't play with them any more.

(I still transform my valks from time to time. but I don't zoom them around the room or try to have mock battles with them.)

Ive never had a toy that wasnt faulty break while playing. And all my Macross valks are fine.

This is what Babelfish says:

With “[makurosu] quarter” DX super alloy development decision! With the notion that where you say, still it cannot release trial manufacture and the plan etc, but the panel exhibition you saw. “Fortress type/it is strong to the panel, in attack type perfection deformation! 'Intermediate form' of topic reappearance possibility.” “Big scale above total height 20cm.” With it is written. Intermediate form, bending the leg section to the front the first deformation time, is the form which has become [gerwalk] condition. In addition, total height attack type (now with the work calls “assault type” strongly formally, so is) with it points to the thing of height of the back, but because 20cm “above” is, 20cm exactly is not. It is the schedule which becomes larger than [batoroido] of VF-25. “Why being this size?” because (Captain by Jeffrey) secret sometime later is Freedom of Information Act schedule in the magazine and the like, in the pleasure.

So Quarter does have gerwalk mode, it would be interesting to see it landing on that mode. ^_^