Wave 1/72 Tomahawk?

electric indigo

It's not huge, but it's way bigger than the tiny one from the other Crusher Joe line. Eight and a bit inches or so?

Which I agree, isn't worth $90-$150 by any means. :(

Well, the good thing about the Wave toy is that it gives me some inspiration about the panel lines I can add to the Takara kit.

Edited by electric indigo

• 5 weeks later...

That stuff looks awesome! I've been wanting a kit of the Minerva for ever, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay the ridiculous prices sellers were getting for it. I'm stoked to see a new kit coming out! Thanks for posting that pic. Any info on when it should be released? I really hope they will make the fighters in 1/72 too. :ph34r:

The Tomahawk looks great as well, but I've ditched most of my 1/100 stuff.

Edited by jardann

I hate to burst your bubble, but the Minerva is a toy from Wave, in the same scale as the old Takara plastic kit, but even more ridiculously priced than those ebay offerings.

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVCJ-01

(There is still a slight chance at a 1/72 Fighter 1 if a certain someone gets his prioritys straight...)

The Tomahawk is 1/72, btw.

Haha, Electric Indigo, I know who you're talking about there... I'd really hoped to have it out this quarter, but work has been absolutely insane. Should be wrapping up a couple of projects in the Christmas break. Hope to have some news then! Old pics if anyone's interested. I've actually done a lot more work on it since these pics were taken, including hollowing out the intakes, and a heckuva lot more detail.

Let's get this thread back on track. The more I see of Wave's Tomahawk the more I like it.

Edited by PetarB

I like the good articulation of this Tomahawk and the detailing. This looks more and more like something I would get. It should go well with my other 1/72 Macross models. :)

Ron totally off topic here but we need to see more pics of that diorama that's going on in your avatar.

The face on that thing totally looks like Kermit the Frog, "hey piggy, would you like a particle cannon up your nose?"

LOL.

Disney will probably hit them with a C&D for a violent infringement on their copyrights.

The face on that thing totally looks like Kermit the Frog, "hey piggy, would you like a particle cannon up your nose?"

LOL.

Disney will probably hit them with a C&D for a violent infringement on their copyrights.

Hate to say it but the face to me looks most accurate. With the mouth open it really really does. Go check the pannel lines and the Shape in teh art books. They did get that right. :D

I hate to be a nay-sayer, here, since I'm very much a fan of the Tomahawk, but the model shows has one major glitch to it that kills the joy for me. The head-mount MGs don't appear to traverse to a completely horizontal position, which makes it look kinda goofy, if you ask me.

I mean, the Yamato 1/60s don't have a complete traverse, either, but the get most of the way down. With these, thye look to be locked in a permanent 45-degree angle.

If I'm wrong, let me know. I'd like to see pics of the figure with the guns level.