Wave 1/72 Tomahawk?

electric indigo

Wow, cool. Is the VF-1 the one that was on the front of Hobby Japan the other month? The Tomahawk looks nice - a little 1/200-like front on, but the oblique shots showing the opening hatches look good.

indigo should I even ask how you possibly came across those images on a Japanese site? Is there a Japanese google reader? :)

It says at the bottom:

トマホークは、某氏が

「全然気にいらんので、1から作り直した。

あのボードの画像は信用せんでよろしい。」

とおっしゃってたぞ。w

With regards to the Tomahawk, a certain person said "We don't like it at all, so we went back to 1 and remade it. Don't believe the image on the posterboard."

Edited by Vifam7

It says at the bottom:

With regards to the Tomahawk, a certain person said "We don't like it at all, so we went back to 1 and remade it. Don't believe the image on the posterboard."

Which would only be sensible, since the lower body is way too wide-set and bulky; quite perplexing, especially given that there are front/side/rear diagrams that exist for it. Come to think of it, the 1/60 toy isn't accurate to the line-art either...

Kinda perplexing though, just seems like a totally random release, not that I'm complaining ;)

I finally break down and buy an Imai destroid, so of course someone announces that they are releasing a new kit <_<

Oh well, I'm not complaining either.

Do hope the people at Wave will do the Tomahawk properly. I totally missed the version that was released by Captain and I believe that Captain is not planning on a rerun.....are you??? Captain??

While I no longer have the masters for the Tomahawk, I do believe that the current owner has designs on re-releasing it. I had put much foreplanning into making sure my sculpts were accurate to the lineart (or at least, as close as they can be with all the inconsistencies,) which is why I'm so perplexed as to why they keep trying to re-proportion the wheel, so to speak. While Wave might get "lucky," and make it look appealing to some, as soon as one starts to deviate from the original source material, one treads a slippery slope with the fans. Trust me, I know ^_^

I can get away with that sort of controversy because I'm an artist, and I cater to a very, very small group of people with particular interests, but I'm not quite so sure that the same formula would be successful when applied to a corporation looking to offer a product on an industrial scale.

John, I firmly believe that your Tomahawk Kit is the Best Kit of that Class ever made.

Thanks, that means a lot to me. It really does. :)

That having been said, Wave has a very interesting creative opportunity here, and I for one am curious to see what they come up with. Also, we still don't know what it will cost, or whether the kit will be an orphan or if they will do all the other Destroids with common leg parts.

Sounds interesting. Since the John Tomahawk has been the best interpretation yet of the linart, I'll be curious as to what they come up with.

And here I was thinking that new 1/72 steyrene SDF macross kits were a pipe dream :)

Иван Петрович Павлов. Same guy, different romanization.

HWR, it has been stated by Wave that their first approach was a failure and that the kit will look different than the first prototype.

Still doesnt mean they will get it right. BUT we will see. Maybe they will get a copy of johns kit and use it for measuremets similar to how Trumpeter got a copy of an intake correction set for their 1/32 flanker and copied it for the 2 seat release.

Still doesnt mean they will get it right. BUT we will see. Maybe they will get a copy of johns kit and use it for measuremets similar to how Trumpeter got a copy of an intake correction set for their 1/32 flanker and copied it for the 2 seat release.

Is there anything Zactoman can do about that? Or is it too difficult for one man to take on a Chinese mega-company over a non-protected corrections set?

Is there anything John could do to protect his work? I guess HobbyFan's inventory says there isn't much anyone can do to stop it... :ph34r: They've copied work from just about every manufacturer

Is there anything Zactoman can do about that? Or is it too difficult for one man to take on a Chinese mega-company over a non-protected corrections set?

Is there anything John could do to protect his work? I guess HobbyFan's inventory says there isn't much anyone can do to stop it... :ph34r: They've copied work from just about every manufacturer

In the end theres nothing to 100% prove it. A flanker part is a flanker part. There are small indicators that they copied however. But since there was no official license for it held by Chris there not much for him in going against them. Unlike Michael Rinaldi and the E-100. Rinaldi created the original turret and details YEARS before trumpeter decided to do an E-100 Ausf B. He saw this and went after trumpeter. Now in the trumps E-100 there is a nice note on the front thanking Mike for his technical assistance.

Still looks out of perportion. I think if I were to buy the kit and build it. It will need some Personal detailing that John has put into his kit. that this kit does not even have. Where the torso meets looks kind of weird. They made it like a ball joint.

2 questions.

1. where would someone even get one if and or when its released.

2. Compared to the kits that are out there now. whats a price on a kit like that?

Just 2 questions that would make the kit worth it on my end.

Carl

This photo DEFINITELY is a prototype (it's missing a leg and stuff). HLJ.com will probably sell it and I bet it averages $40 like most recent "fixed" macross models.

Just like the Bandai VF-25 that most people said would suck before we even saw it, we need to give them a chance on this. Now people who whined about the VF-25 are whining because they can't get one right now ^_^ - MT