What happened to LAFtoys.com???

Anyone know what is up with Lost And Found Toys? I preordered a VF-1A w/ S&S parts and my card was charged a few weeks ago. I know a lot of people on the board have theirs already so it has obviously been released. I have sent 4 emails over the last week trying to figure out what was going on and got no response. And to add insult to injury I just tried getting on their site and it appears to be shut down.

I paid for it with my PP debit card. If I file a dispute will I get my money back? Or do they only get you your money if they can get it out of the vendor?

This sucks. Not only does it mean I am possibly out $150 it also probably means that Carlos is in such a financial bind that he found it necessary to charge people out and then shut down. Of course I am pissed, but the guy has got to be having a very hard time if he found this necessary.

I too have experienced this; I haven't been able to reach them either, and if my item isn't shipped within 24 hrs I'll be seeking a refund the old fashioned way.

Carlos is a family man with a new child. Did you try sending him a PM from here? I think his member name is LOS.

Oh CRAP!

This sounds bad. I have my CC on file over there too. Maybe more than one. Also I really liked his store and his awesome customer service. I hope it is all a bad misunderstanding and that the situation gets resolved quickly.

Carlos is a family man with a new child. Did you try sending him a PM from here? I think his member name is LOS.

Well if that's the case, then my order can wait, from what I've read here Los seems to a stand up guy and I really have nothing to worry about. Thanks for the advice Miriya.

Anyone know what is up with Lost And Found Toys? I preordered a VF-1A w/ S&S parts and my card was charged a few weeks ago. I know a lot of people on the board have theirs already so it has obviously been released. I have sent 4 emails over the last week trying to figure out what was going on and got no response. And to add insult to injury I just tried getting on their site and it appears to be shut down.

I paid for it with my PP debit card. If I file a dispute will I get my money back? Or do they only get you your money if they can get it out of the vendor?

This sucks. Not only does it mean I am possibly out $150 it also probably means that Carlos is in such a financial bind that he found it necessary to charge people out and then shut down. Of course I am pissed, but the guy has got to be having a very hard time if he found this necessary.

Sqidd,

This seems to be the case as of late concerning Laftoys, I ordered a 1/60 VF-1S from Los on Friday and I still havent got word back. I learned in the other thread from Miriya that he's got a new kid so this may have something to do with it. I too paid with a debit card and being your average and itenerate full time student, and equally bereft of a steady income, I have a feeling that I'll be feeling the burn if I don't file a dispute soon. Perhpas we should try pm'ing him here on the board as my phone calls and emails have gone unanswered.

I just looked up the whois. I am guessing that this chainreactionweb contact is his webhost/webmaster and not him but maybe this salvatore can help us contact him?

"Visit AboutUs.org for more information about laftoys.com

AboutUs: laftoys.com

Registration Service Provided By: Chain Reaction Web

Visit: http://www.chainreactionweb.com/renewals/

Domain name: laftoys.com

Registrant Contact:

Chain Reaction Web

Salvatore Iozzia

112 Krog St

Suite 19

Atlanta, GA 30307

US

Administrative Contact:

Chain Reaction Web

Salvatore Iozzia (enom@chainreactionweb.com)

+1.8002948182

Fax: +1.7702345352

112 Krog St

Suite 19

Atlanta, GA 30307

US

Technical Contact:

Chain Reaction Web

Salvatore Iozzia (enom@chainreactionweb.com)

+1.8002948182

Fax: +1.7702345352

112 Krog St

Suite 19

Atlanta, GA 30307

US

Name Servers:

ns1.chainreactionweb.com

ns2.chainreactionweb.com

Creation date: 09 Feb 2006 20:12:24

Expiration date: 09 Feb 2009 20:12:24

Edited by miriya

I'm a family man with a 4yo son who has autism... I can understand people get busy, but it's been over a week with no response. Then the store site dissapeared, so I decided to post here. Not mad, just looking for an update of sorts. No, I did not try to PM him from here, but I am assuming it will go to his laftoys.com email?

Yeah, I understand. I have several itmes on preorder with him too and am a bit concerned as well. I have PMed him and emailed him just now and emailed the contact listed on the whois database (who i am guessing is his webmaster). I have asked that he post here to fill us all in. Hopefully we will see something soon.

Sure thing. I am honestly concerned for everyone in this situation, myself included. I hope that he is OK too. I know that life with a newborn can be crazy, from my own experience, especially where my son's mother had postpardom depression (on top of other stuff), and sleep deprevation for the whole family and life can take some scary turns. So really I pray that he and his family are alright and that all of our creditcard accounts are alright and all the toys too. And for selfish reasons I hope that the shop comes back because it was one of my favorite shops to buy from.

http://stores.ebay.com/Lost-and-Found-Toys

His ebay store is still up. Maybe try there too.

Sure thing. I am honestly concerned for everyone in this situation, myself included. I hope that he is OK too. I know that life with a newborn can be crazy, from my own experience, especially where my son's mother had postpardom depression (on top of other stuff), and sleep deprevation for the whole family and life can take some scary turns. So really I pray that he and his family are alright and that all of our creditcard accounts are alright and all the toys too. And for selfish reasons I hope that the shop comes back because it was one of my favorite shops to buy from.

If I remember the last update on his website, he said that he was taking a bit of a break.

The only issue was that the update was dated 9/26/08.

Hopefully, the online store will be back up and running. They're the only ones that make the flexi-displays too! :(

Regarding the inaccessible web address, I wonder if it's a situation where someone's "cyber-squatting" on LAFT's http address? :unsure:

Well, with all of our combined efforts I'm certain that we'll get a reply in short order, if not, then we'll have to cut our losses, seek a refund and move on. I just hope that Los is in fair shape given the circumstances.

Oh I know I defended him in another thread, but all of this combined makes for some pretty strange behavior. Hopefully he's fine.

I was gonna order some things from his site but I heard that he doesn't always process or ship orders in a timely matter so I stayed clear and from the looks of things im glad I did. I understand things come up in life and having a baby is a special event but that doesn't mean you should shirk your responsibility... You still gotta go to work regardless of family events unless its an emergency.

I hope everything gets squared away if it is a dire emergency... goodluck.

From an email this morning,

"I will post at MW later today. I have been in training for a new job and finally passed all my licensing exams. Our new shipment is in and will will be working late tonight to ship out everything tomorrow."

From an email this morning,

"I will post at MW later today. I have been in training for a new job and finally passed all my licensing exams. Our new shipment is in and will will be working late tonight to ship out everything tomorrow."

Thanks Miriya & thanks Los... :rolleyes:

Guys, don't doubt Los! He's a good dude and has ALWAYS come through for me in the past, and with awesome customer service. He'll straighten everything out. I just received a shipment of Bubblegum Crisis Motoslaves from him today, in fact. No worries!