Who was your favourite Macross Frontier character?

taksraven

Favourite Macross Frontier Character.  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Which one did you like best?

• Ranka Lee
    • Sheryl Nome
    • Alto Saotome
    • Michael Blanc
    • Luca Angelloni
    • Nanase Matsuura
    • Ozma Lee
    • Canaria Berstein
    • Klan Klan
    • Jeffrey Wilder
    • Bobby Margot
    • Richard Bilrer
    • Cathy Glass
    • Leon Mishima
    • Grace O'Connor
    • Brera Sterne
    • Monica Lange
    • Mina Roshan
    • Ram Hoa
    • Tehmzin

Yes, another poll. Still, it should be an interesting one. I have tried to put up a diverse selection without missing out too many characters. The spot for number 20 was between Tehmzin and Howard Glass, but we all love a Zentradi, don't we?

If you did like a character best that hasn't been included, let us know.

Taksraven

Sheryl

You don't often see a girl that beautifull and girly, yet with such a strong character/will. Also i really felt sorry for her throughout this series, she always seemed to lose that what she really wanted. I dunno I guess I kind of like that type of character :)

You all know who I voted for.

No special reason, really...I started liking her in the early episodes (I think it when she looked up at the destroyed bridge in episode...two? Three? Somewhere around there), and then arbitrarily decided that she would be my favorite character.

I wish she hadn't spent the last five episodes in a coma, though. But hey, at least she woke up.

Alto, Ranka, Sheryl and Ozuma were probably the most interesting characters in Macross Frontier. Sheryl is probably my favorite, with Ozuma a close second.

Sheryl was great fun. She was rough and bitchy on the surface, but turned out to be fun, flirty and full of life once you got to know her. She was also an admirable professional and a hard worker. The series really threw a lot of crap at Sheryl and she bore most of it well; I dare say a lot better than most of us would have were we in her position. Part of the reason Grace was so hated as a villain was because of the crap she did to Sheryl.

Ozuma actually had quite a lot to do with the show and his realistic character made for a great credible link between many of the character events in the series. I was also invested Ozuma because he was linked to Ranka. His brushes with death weren't so interesting in and of themselves, but they had gravitas because of the effect his possible demise could have upon Ranka and Cathy. Ironically, some of Alto's best moments in the series were opposite Ozuma. I think Ozuma is a little underrated as a character. Many compare him to Roy and though they are of the same mold, Ozuma had more to do with Frontier than Roy ever did with SDF Macross. I think Ozuma stands well on his own as a character.

Early in the series, Grace, Brera and Leon had potential but they were reduced to cliched familiarity later in the series. I was actually really enjoying Leon's character for his ambitious audacity throughout most of the series, but he kinda fell off at the end.

Mikhail, Canaria, Jeffrey, Bobby, Cathy, Richard and Kuran Kuran were all there, but were just supporting cast. They did add some to the show at times and didn't take away from any scenes (except Mikhail's character-centered episode, a low point in the series IMO). Canaria, Jeffrey, and Bobby could be quite fun at times when they were given chances to affect the plot or do something really cool.

Canaria is definitely my favorite flat character of the show. Almost every time she appears she has something worthwhile to say or do, especially when she's kicking butt in the VB-6 Konig Monster. She should definitely win a medal, a promotion and command of her own ship. :)

Luca and Nanase were dead weight, adding nothing to the show. Luca's link to his family business was about the only plot point of note and that could have easily been delegated to another character. Or better yet, write out that character altogether and use that time to better develop some of the plot points that we the audience were supposed to explore through him, like LAI. Both these characters were definitely weak links in the cast IMO. If I were the editor on Macross Frontier, I would have axed them every time until Kawamori and Co. got the picture.

I voted Leon just for fun :)

Edited by Mr March

My favorite Macross Frontier character is Klan Klan, since she has a very kewl design. That flight uniform is sweet... Besides, she pilots one of my favorite mechs from Macross. ^_^

Close second must be Ozma Lee. His valkyrie colors and equipment are superb. And I liked the fact that he was the more down to Earth and strong willed of all characters.

Ranka Lee, Nene Rora, Raramia Reremia and all the rest of the Zentradi characters were excellent too... ^_^

Sheryl is also great. I kinda didn't care about her at the begining of the series but she developed quite well during the show to the extent of becoming one of my favorites too.

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

They ALL suck. <_< Alto sucks, Ranka sucks, Sheryl sucks, Ozma sucks, EVERYBODY in that show suck big time. I was wishing Kawamori-sama to KILL THEM ALL in a fashion way in the last episode. I have hope for the upcoming movie though.

*feeds Macross007*

Sheryl

She was the only character who seemed to have more than one dimension, when it came to personality and emotion. Plus, her songs have a much greater range of feelings compared to Ranka's. She should give up on Alto and find a guy who actually deserves her.

I was going to vote for Alto, but decided to go with Sheryl, (hopes and dreams and what not)

It would be nice if we had a favorite male + favorite female characters.

of the men in the show, my top 5 are close,

1. Alto
  2. Michel :(
  3. Wilder
  4. Bobby
  5. Brera

and as for the girls

1. Sheryl
  2. Klan
  3. Nene
  4. Alto
  5. Grace

(and if you're wondering, Ozma's almost at the bottom of my list. he beats out luca but so did Elmo, Diamond squadron leader, and leon :o )

Edited by anime52k8

I was going to vote for Alto, but decided to go with Sheryl, (hopes and dreams and what not)

It would be nice if we had a favorite male + favorite female characters.

of the men in the show, my top 5 are close,

1. Alto
  2. Michel :(
  3. Wilder
  4. Bobby
  5. Brera

and as for the girls

1. Sheryl
  2. Klan
  3. Nene
  4. Alto
  5. Grace

(and if you're wondering, Ozma's almost at the bottom of my list. he beats out luca but so did Elmo, Diamond squadron leader, and leon :o )

I disagree, Alto should be way higher in the girls list. :lol:

Sheryl. Layers of personality, strong drive, professional, good heart, mysterious tragic past...

Followed by Michel, Klan Klan, and Ozma.

Ranka dropped in my liking towards the end of the series, especially when she was being controlled by Grace and puppet-Brera. She didn't even have the excuse of being manipulated like Sara and her whole "KADUN!" routine. :p

I'm surprised that despite her vocal fanbase, there's only one Nanase vote (or maybe Gubaba is really just that loud :ph34r:).

I mean, if you look at it, she fulfills multiple fetishes, she's well endowed, she's a meganekko and towards the end, she fulfills the bandaged girl with one eye covered role as well.

It was a tough choice between Ozma and Sheryl, but I voted Ozma in the end.

If it was a pool for best male ad best female character, Sheyrl would win my vote for best female.

I also think it's funny that no one has voted for Ozma yet.

Err......and who is Tehmzin? Was it the Zentradi in the green Q-Rea that ended up getting knifed by Alto?

Graham

Sheryl

Sorry I have never watched Macross Frontier but somehow my instinct tells me that I must automatically vote Sheryl and she is an awesome character beyond a certain crappy show, which has ruined all good impressions and memories I previously had on Macross series.

Edit: I wonder if my words make sense. Guess it's same with the show, which doesn't make sense.

Edited by herbert

Err......and who is Tehmzin? Was it the Zentradi in the green Q-Rea that ended up getting knifed by Alto?

Graham

Knifed? He was effectively castrated by the Galaxy's greatest oyama! :lol:

Edited by d3v