1/72 Commanchero gunship

captain america

...And as promised, here are the 99% finished master patterns of the Commanchero.

Kindly take notice that dainty components like rocket pods, wings, etc. Have all been temporarily glued with hot glue. They will fit together infinitely better when proper glue is used.

The first couple pics are of the "Macross Universe" style iron bomb (thee will be 2 in the kit) and the pylon that fits inside the ventral weapons bay.

The 3rd and 4th pics are of the ventral bay itself--one open with the bomb/pylon, the other closed. I invisioned this weapons bay to be truly multi-functional. I just happened to choose to outfit it with two iron bombs, but I could also forsee it being able to accomodate a magazine-style container with a automatic loading mechanism to supply rockets to the port-side launcher, though I elected not to use the latter option at this particular time.

Oh. You will notice that there are four small "circle-type" shapes on the underside of the engine housings. I added these so that there could be future "upgrades" to the Commanchero... Like optional armored external fuel tanks for long range missons :ph34r:

post-632-1226169572_thumb.jpg

post-632-1226169580_thumb.jpg

post-632-1226169590_thumb.jpg

post-632-1226169600_thumb.jpg

Edited by captain america

Next, the standard beauty-shots of the whirly-bird with the cockpit details. I really didn't expect it to turn out quite this nice, but I'm glad it did. It truly is a fearsome looking chopper, especially from the front. There will be, of course, six of the underwing rocket pods included with the kit, though the rockets themselves will not be removeable due to their small size and the problems associated with casting them.Can very easily be remedied with a pin-vise if you want the empty look though.

post-632-1226170047_thumb.jpg

post-632-1226170056_thumb.jpg

post-632-1226170066_thumb.jpg

post-632-1226170074_thumb.jpg

Next is a pic of the "special olympics" tail rotor. She will actually have four blades, nut the MI-24 I took them from only had three blades, so I had to searate them all, machine a new hub, and the fourth blade will be a duplicate casting.

The next couple of pics are of the Commanchero next to the hull of a 1/72 Hind. The Commanchero is only slightly shorter in length, but has the same "presence" as its real-world commie counterpart. The landing gear bay doors were intentionally left ff for the pics, as they are 90% putty and therefore very suceptible to breaking. They will be molded in short order so as to make sure I can have some good, solid resin masters. An unfortunate side-effect of certain detailed parts is that the molding process does sometimes destroy them, so I have to make sure my molds are perfect so that they can provide me with usable masters.

Anyhoo, that's what she looks like. I will be posting early next week with payment info, though I will give you all advance notice that there may be a bit of a delay due to the vac-forming of the canopies, but shouldn't be anything drastic. Enjoy the pics ^_^

post-632-1226170211_thumb.jpg

post-632-1226170701_thumb.jpg

post-632-1226170709_thumb.jpg

post-632-1226170735_thumb.jpg

Wow, you really knocked this one out of the park. Suddenly all the detailing makes it look like a real chopper. Amazing stuff! I think the rear boom looks a bit too long for my tastes, but that's a design issue. Anyway, thanks for the pics and looking forwards to grabbing one!

Hi Carl.

Sure, I don't mind tackling different types of vehicles, so long as the demand is there. One of the ones I want to tackle at some point is the Cat's Eye plane, which I don't think acheived its full potential in the hands of Tanmen, but there will likely be at least one big, phat Zentradi kit before that ^_^

Oh for the love of Jeebus, I would have a new hero were you to make either of those in 1/48! :D

I have been searching for the Tanmen Cat's Eye, but if there were one in 1/48 to match the Yamato's on the shelf, I could start thinking diorama.

/At any cost, I kid you not. ;)

Now I realize that I won't like the Comanchero posing landed on its wheels. This model is meant to be displayed flying on air ( my personal opinion). What i like most is that as a simple design and little screen time it has on the tv series; your build looks as daunting and menacing as the hellhound.. It will be a treat seeing it with all the missiles add-ons...

Now I realize that I won't like the Comanchero posing landed on its wheels. This model is meant to be displayed flying on air ( my personal opinion). What i like most is that as a simple design and little screen time it has on the tv series; your build looks as daunting and menacing as the hellhound.. It will be a treat seeing it with all the missiles add-ons...

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. If anything, I wonder how well a real-world Commanchero (hereinafter Turbo Airwolf Junior LOL) would fare with its wheels (front to rear) spaced so far apart; I'd tend to think it would put a lot of unnecessary stress on the fuselage, but hey, I didn't design it, my job is just to make it look believeable :ph34r:

Buying a home and buying an ent unit is cool! But those can always wait. This is like a "once in a lifetime" opportunity though!! :lol:

I wish I saw it that way, but I have a dead line to meet which is before Christmas, I got other, faster ways to get my self in debt if I get the stuff I need. :wacko:

Hee haw everyone!

Well the molds for the Commanchero are being poured, and I should start having some castings done by late next week.

**ORDERING**

Kit price: was supposed to be $120 apiece, but is now $105 US.

**SHIPPING**

$13.00 for up to 2 kits anywhere in north America

$30.00 for up to 2 kits to any other country [corporation] on the planet

I don't think anybody planned to order 3 kits at once, so I didn't check what the shipping would be; just PM me if that's the case and I'll tabulate it.

**PAYMENT METHODS**

Same ol' int'l postal money orders in US funds

Paypal is ok too, but there is a $3.00 surcharge per kit to cover their fees.

If you have any other questions, or you need my private payment info, just PM me!

I will, as always, be updating the status of production regularly, so be sure to check back on a regular basis! ^_^

Just let us know when you want payment by. I may have to wait a couple of weeks. The postal service lost my first Gizmoszone order (micro gearcases) and then they just came in over a month later! They'll have to re-charge me. - MT

Just let us know when you want payment by. I may have to wait a couple of weeks. The postal service lost my first Gizmoszone order (micro gearcases) and then they just came in over a month later! They'll have to re-charge me. - MT

There's no specific timeframe, I process orders on a first come, first served basis according to when payments are received. When the molds will no longer produce adequate castings, I simply stop. Many people have asked for models after production has ceased, which I simply don't have; that's why I encourage people to check the forum/thread regularly for availability status.