1/72 Commanchero gunship

captain america

I received the kit today and love the way you made parts clean-up easy. The detail is great and the brass inserts in the blades will insure they won't droop! Looks awesome and I love all the ordnance! Oh, and the box looks great too, not to mention your packaging is great too! AWESOME ALTOGETHER! - MT

Damn, late to the party as usual. I've been offline most of the time for a few months due to landscaping work on my place and missed this whole project. Curses...

Captain, are any of those ten kits left, by any chance?

Best,

Martyn

Did anyone buy spares and would be willing to sell one to me? I think the Starship modeler store sold out of John's kit.

Thanks.

Hey, I asked first. Well ok, I didn't think of asking *that*...but I'm asking it now. ;p

Cobywan, last time I checked the forum/s you were doing a bit of a bailout, IIRC. Good to see you're back, things a bit better now?

Cheers,

Martyn

Hey, I asked first. Well ok, I didn't think of asking *that*...but I'm asking it now. ;p

Cobywan, last time I checked the forum/s you were doing a bit of a bailout, IIRC. Good to see you're back, things a bit better now?

Cheers,

Martyn

That was the Starship stuff. I'm still checked out of that part of the hobby. I've always been here at Macross World and Gears Online.

As for the kit, I did have one set aside for a while but didn't act fast enough with payment to get it. Oh well.

That was the Starship stuff. I'm still checked out of that part of the hobby. I've always been here at Macross World and Gears Online.

As for the kit, I did have one set aside for a while but didn't act fast enough with payment to get it. Oh well.

Ah, right. I like the other fora but MW is definitely one of the more "relaxed" places, overall.

Second Ahiachris; I'd be really interested in a Phalanx too.

The Commanchero project has been wrapped-up almost 2 months ago; the only reason people just recently received theirs was due to my own miscalculation in production & supply. A 1/72 Glaug is in the crosshairs for late March/early April.

Yep, I understood, but asked because of your comment some weeks ago that ten kits weren't spoken for. I didn't find an indication they were taken on the thread, sorry if I missed something. But I wasn't holding my breath or anything. I'd happily take a 'seconds' jobbie, if there's any not-100% parts lying around...just sayin'...still not holding my breath. :)

I have the Arii Glaug, but dammit. Just...dammit. I know yours will cost decent money, but I'll probably have a *medical need* to buy one. Glaug = best Macross thing of any kind.

Cheers,

Martyn

I think the remainders went to Starship Modeler. But they seem to be sold out. They don't even show up on thier site anymore. I wish I would have known to buy it there last week when I saw it. I know some people here bought more than one...

Let's GET those scoundrels! Or at least, let's get their kits. :)

Not sure If I can afford the Glaug right now. I can put in about 150.00 buts thats all. Money is tight, and very tight

Theres alot of that going round now. A Glaug would be nice but it may be best to hold off on it and wait for things to improve.

Theres alot of that going round now. A Glaug would be nice but it may be best to hold off on it and wait for things to improve.

Yeah Kind of depresses me, all overtime has been cut, my Job is on Highering Freeze its ugly. And we have so much work to do they they are making us do and removing the contractors from the Job to cut down costs.

For me 300+ for a kit right now Is too much even if its in May. Something smaller is fine. I can save 50 here and there until the next kit is ready but I cant put out too much in the next few months. Just not smart for me.

But I back whatever John wants to do. How about those Ground trucks? or even the Cats eye, or even something else not talked about.

Yeah Kind of depresses me, all overtime has been cut, my Job is on Highering Freeze its ugly. And we have so much work to do they they are making us do and removing the contractors from the Job to cut down costs.

For me 300+ for a kit right now Is too much even if its in May. Something smaller is fine. I can save 50 here and there until the next kit is ready but I cant put out too much in the next few months. Just not smart for me.

But I back whatever John wants to do. How about those Ground trucks? or even the Cats eye, or even something else not talked about.

I'll probably end up putting my hand up no matter how painful it is. But I can see this being one of the rarest of the rare kits, in the current climate. :(

I'll probably end up putting my hand up no matter how painful it is. But I can see this being one of the rarest of the rare kits, in the current climate. :(

Yeah and thats why I have to find a way to get the money if I can. I can try, I used to get overtime and that helped me with my Macross Kit addiction, But now thats gone I have to watch what I spend.

I'm all in for a Glaug. I missed out on this one due to my poorly timed attempt at self restraint, you can be damn sure I won't do that again, even if the scale is off from what I wish it was.

and then the Cat's Eye?

/crosses fingers, kisses blarney stone, tosses coin ^_^

Amen to that (scale). I like the old injection kit, it can be made to look pretty damn good. One of my offline acquaintances here actually got a buildup of a Glaug into Hobby Japan, back in the 80's. (Very beat-up, on a gantry base - looked great.)

But a 1/48 or 1/35 kit would be completely awesome. I guess anything that size would pretty much have to be vacform though.

Amen to that (scale). I like the old injection kit, it can be made to look pretty damn good. One of my offline acquaintances here actually got a buildup of a Glaug into Hobby Japan, back in the 80's. (Very beat-up, on a gantry base - looked great.)

But a 1/48 or 1/35 kit would be completely awesome. I guess anything that size would pretty much have to be vacform though.

Looking forward to a Gluag and a Glaug booster too. And then I'll need a couple Cat's Eyes.....

Got mine last friday and couldnt keep hands off it. The pour stubs gave me the usual headaches but its all assembled and waiting primer. Im not sure what final colours to use though, any ideas guys?

Sorry about the pour stubs; they really are my Achilles heel. Maybe an overall gunship grey to match what you see in the animation? I might eventually do mine in overall dark grey with a light compass ghost grey underbelly... Airwolf-style :ph34r:

Or do you mean the U.S. Marines "dirty" look. If I saw two planes with multi-services side by side, I can always pick out the Marines plane. Their maintainers are not into soap and water as much as everyone else ^_^ - MT

A 1/72 Gluag booster would be huge and would be a lot of resin, and attaching a resin Glaug would be a problem. If you have seen the one that Monkey Nugget did a long time ago in 1/100 it was one heavy solid piece of resin and it used a Bandai 1/100 Glaug kit because the resin Glaug had weight issues.