Happy 26th Anniversary

Temucano

So back to the topic, was that hour special release in any of the compilations lately? i don't think i have ever seen it being still in my mother's womb during the original showing and in the other side of the world and all that....

So back to the topic, was that hour special release in any of the compilations lately? i don't think i have ever seen it being still in my mother's womb during the original showing and in the other side of the world and all that....

It was released with the newest Japanese DVD box set of SDFM (and, as such, is around as an MKV). It was also the version used on the first tape of the old Robotech Perfect Collection.

But that was on VHS...so it may have been before your time.

Wow, I feel really young all the sudden. :lol: I wasn't even born yet, back then...

Really wish I could have experienced Macross (or dare I say it? "Robotech") on TV when it first came out. My earliest recollection of Macross was back in 89 on VHS.

Edited by OmegaD3k

I was 6 years and 3 months that time. I was first exposed to Macross around 1985-86 when it was localized here in the Philippines. It had crappy dubbing though and the opening song was changed. But it didn't matter to me back then. When RT first aired 2 years later it confused me to hell and I thought it was the same show. I'm happy though that I was already around when Macross was born. :p

Edited by Windrider

I was 6 years and 3 months that time. I was first exposed to Macross around 1985-86 when it was localized here in the Philippines. It had crappy dubbing though and the opening song was changed. But it didn't matter to me back then. When RT first aired 2 years later it confused me to hell and I thought it was the same show. I'm happy though that I was already around when Macross was born. :p

same here too.....thank god they didnt dubbed macross in tagalog hahahaha.

o it was a blessing they dubbed all anime and tokusatsu in english back then. im sure it made me a better englsih speaker early on !!!!! ( insert rage rant about today's trashy tagalog dubs here :p )

yes, i was able to watch macross when it was MACROSS and not as robotech.

i was also six years old then, i think.

I guess we were very fortunate to watch the original Macross first despite the bad dubbing in the mid 80's and not Robotech. In those days I didn't know what anime was and I considered it like the other robot shows back then (Voltes V, Daimos, and Mazinger Z). I suppose anime became mainstream earlier in the Philippines than than in the West.

Tagalog dubs weren't all that bad. It was a hit or miss (miss mostly). ABS-CBN had the worst anime dubs though especially when they did NGA. >_<

Edited by Windrider