MF Marathon time!!!

dreamweaver13

Huh, have we seen a Zolan's bare belly before to see what the pouch looks like? Did Michel have a pouch or psuedo pouch? :o:lol:

No. We have seen a nekkid loli Elma no pouch to speak what so ever.

The notable characteristic of female Zolan is the two tone hair front and back.

Males have the same two tone hair but they have hairy arms.

I don't think Zolans have pouches anymore just that Zolans evolved from marsupials rather than primates.

Heck their cats have pouches too. :wacko:

It is safe to say that the Protoculture manipulated native species just like Earth's primates to evolve into their image.

Oh Zolans have bigger pointy ears than Zentradi.

Episode 25

Battle Frontier and Macross Quarter both lost their main guns to Battle Galaxy main gun attack. At the end of the show, Battle Frontier and Macross Quarter have their main guns again

But IIRC, unlike Battle Galaxy's gun, which was completly destroyed, I think Quarter and Frontier's main guns were just damaged. So they probably recovered them for the landing on the planet. No point leaving them floating in space, when they can be taken down to the planet and repaired.

Graham

I haven't advanced my marathon (if you can call such a leisure pace a marathon :)) to episode 12, but I recalled two more things.

First, apparently Leon (or maybe it was Cathy) gets a report about how Ranka was exposed to the V-type virus (well, I don't thnk they called it that in so many words, but it's clear what they mean) during the attack on Frontier.

Since we know she already has the virus, and her blood samples weren't apparently meddled with like Grace did with Sheryl's later, it seems like they detected the virus that was there already. Interesting. Leon didn't seem to think it was important to follow up on, though--perhaps he already knew about Ranka's past. Just how much does he know at this point? It's fairly clear he doesn't meet Grace until episode 10.

(Sorry this is all a bit hazy, I'm trying to recall this from memory. I really should go back and watch. :))

Second, about Cathy's past. We know she was a runner-up in Miss Macross some time ago (shades of wondering why Misa didn't compete :)). She says she chose not to pursue that career, rather than not being good enough for it. I think this should be taken at face value, rather than just a vain denial of reality. I think her father may have played a role in her choosing not to become a celebrity--it's implied that Cathy is used to following orders when she gets dispatched to the Quarter, and her early persona certainly seems to fit that image. She only becomes more rebellious and independent later, as she begins investigating the conspiracy.

I don't think Zolans have pouches anymore just that Zolans evolved from marsupials rather than primates.

This is getting WAAY off-topic, but...

The Zomeo and Zoliet radio show makes it clear that Zolans DO have pouches...but perhaps only the males have them.

No. We have seen a nekkid loli Elma no pouch to speak what so ever.

The notable characteristic of female Zolan is the two tone hair front and back.

Males have the same two tone hair but they have hairy arms.

Heck their cats have pouches too. :wacko:

It is safe to say that the Protoculture manipulated native species just like Earth's primates to evolve into their image.

Oh Zolans have bigger pointy ears than Zentradi.

Completely forgot about Elma! :lol:

Still even if we didn't see it, I have to wonder if they still have pouches, and how that would affect part-Zolans. Kind of like how Mink in Dragon-Half has a navel despite being hatched from an egg.

Edited by Sumdumgai

Second, about Cathy's past. We know she was a runner-up in Miss Macross some time ago (shades of wondering why Misa didn't compete :)). She says she chose not to pursue that career, rather than not being good enough for it. I think this should be taken at face value, rather than just a vain denial of reality. I think her father may have played a role in her choosing not to become a celebrity--it's implied that Cathy is used to following orders when she gets dispatched to the Quarter, and her early persona certainly seems to fit that image. She only becomes more rebellious and independent later, as she begins investigating the conspiracy.

I'd believe her more if she won Ms. Macross, and wasn't just a runner-up. as the story of ranka shows, for a mere runner-up or contestant to get anywhere, she has to exert a LOT of effort; whereas the actual winner gets a free ride (not to mention a helicopter trip) to the top. in a way, cathy may have some regrets because she gave up too easily. but the fact that she even joined the contest shows that she had some desire to be a celebrity. hence, she was showing some resentment about ranka's rise to fame from obscurity in ep11.

Just a something I noticed after watching episode 10, not sure if this has been pointed out before but, one of the guys at the dock with Director Kawamori is wearing a Macross Zero shirt.

And speaking of Zero, anyone else find themselves humming Aimo (Tori no Hito) instead of Arkan during the final scene of Zero episode 5?

actually just finished re-watching ep11 last night and this is also something i wanted to discuss; you beat me to it. ;)

i presumed that the entire pixie squadron are zentraedi, but after realizing in ep11 that klan only makes mention of the zentraedi as ancestors in reference to herself and Nene only; and that Nene is the only one who seems close enough to Klan to call her nee-san, is it possible that Raramia is not actually a zentraedi? could she be a zolan? (for the M7 experts out there, can zolans be macronized in the first place?) (or for those who have finished their marathons, have we ever seen raramia in macro size in the first place?)

Actually, in the final episode, at least in the version I watched, Klan Klan refers to Nene as "sister". Maybe Klan wasn't excluding Raramia, but rather Klan was possibly indicating Nene's and her own parents specifically?

Actually, in the final episode, at least in the version I watched, Klan Klan refers to Nene as "sister". Maybe Klan wasn't excluding Raramia, but rather Klan was possibly indicating Nene's and her own parents specifically?

In Japanese you can address others as "brother", "sister", "uncle" and so on. I wouldn't read too much out of it.

FV

That alone, no, but the reference specifically to Klan and Nene's heritage and the brief moments of interaction we see between the two did make me wonder for a moment. I would even agree that together it's not much I'd care to read too much into, however it's at least as much to go on, more I'd say, than the speculation that Raramia was not meltrandi or whatever.

If I were to speculate at all, I'd say that the most likely reason Klan mentions Nene and no one else simply has to do with the fact that Nene, at the very least, had some dialogue, whereas Raramia appeared even less often, and had no dialogue whatsoever. She was practically, and unfortunately, a non-character. Or, if there was any reasoning beyond that it may simply be that Raramia's heritage comes from a different fleet. Either those that joined humans shortly after the war, or from one of those random Zentradi/Meltrandi fleets which were encountered well after SW1 had ended. For all we know she might be a relatively recently cultured meltrandi, and didn't have parents at all.

On episode 4, that was Nene.

Ah. It is Nene.

Well at least Raramia had a voice and her seiyuu got credit even if it was just for a death cry in episode 14.

I didn't realize that Mina Roshan and Nene Rora were voiced by the same seiyuu, who did the voice of Suzumiya Haruhi (that series) and Konata Izumi (Lucky Star). Nor did I realize that Captain Jeffrey Wilder shared the same seiyuu as Elmo Kridanik, who did the voice of Tomitake in Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. :blink:

Howard Glass is voiced by the seiyuu that did the voice/grunts of Gouki/Akuma in Street Fighter Zero

And Cathy Glass' seiyuu is the same one that voiced that machete wielding priestess from Macross Zero... Sara Nome. :blink:

Howard Glass is voiced by the seiyuu that did the voice/grunts of Gouki/Akuma in Street Fighter Zero

Dude, Howard Glass is the MC who introduces Minmei after her return to the Macross in DYRL. :ph34r:

Edit: And Nanase is Canaria is Yurika from Nadesico. Oh, MAN!

Edited by Lindem Herz

Did SMS fix Gilliam's ride and give it to Alto? The paint job looks the same. Only I saw Gilliam ditch his FAST pack before entering island 1. It seems that pilots of that particular valk are overly fond of flying clean.

And getting a bit crass, Alto's pick up line: "I'm a pilot, why don't you join me in the cockpit and I'll show you my corkscrew maneuver".

I've always had the impression that the extra armour isn't ideal for flying inside an atmosphere, whether it's on a planet, or inside a colony dome. Even Mikhail left his armour up in orbit when he went planetside to save Alto and Sheryl with an impromptu Ranka concert.

I've always had the impression that the extra armour isn't ideal for flying inside an atmosphere, whether it's on a planet, or inside a colony dome. Even Mikhail left his armour up in orbit when he went planetside to save Alto and Sheryl with an impromptu Ranka concert.

I think this has been discussed before, the current FAST packs of the VF-25 seem to be aerodynamically inefficient and would seem to be a liability in an atmosphere - at least where fighter mode is concerned seeing as we have seen them used inside a colony, but only in Gerwalk and Battroid modes.

I think this has been discussed before, the current FAST packs of the VF-25 seem to be aerodynamically inefficient and would seem to be a liability in an atmosphere - at least where fighter mode is concerned seeing as we have seen them used inside a colony, but only in Gerwalk and Battroid modes.

Ozma brought his full-armor into Island 1, although in GERWALK mode.

Ozma brought his full-armor into Island 1, although in GERWALK mode.

Well, in full armor, he's pretty much a combination of attack helicopter and main battle tank. The aerodynamic penalty wouldn't really be as big an issue as if he were in fighter mode.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I just noticed, in episode 9, those are some pretty heavy dumbbells that Sheryl's using. Judging by the size, each plate should weigh in at around 2.5 kg meaning that she's lifting around 15 kg which is pretty heavy for someone who's cut but doesn't have much mass.

Edited by d3v

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I just noticed, in episode 9, those are some pretty heavy dumbbells that Sheryl's using. Judging by the size, each plate should weigh in at around 2.5 kg meaning that she's lifting around 15 kg which is pretty heavy for someone who's cut but doesn't have much mass.

0.7g remember... while the mass and inertia would be unaffected, the working weight she is excercising with would only be about 10.5kg. still not too shabby considering her build.

lol... I would love to see her try to do a lap in even a training ex-gear without power. might be interesting to see how far she gets.

grr this discussion reminds me that I really need to either get into a gym or start swimming again.

If she's chasing after her panties again, i reckon she'd go even farther and faster than alto and michael. :p

Actually, based on her art, her workout and her occupation, I'd say that Sheryl's damn near the top when it comes to the fittest women in Macross.

Actually, I remember in EP 5 before Sheryl tolds Alto that she's all natural alto was pretty tired after chasing the transport and Sheryl was as almost nothing

Alto is an oyama, he is not fit for physical exertion.

FV

Yep and concerts take alot of energy, that was nothing for Sheryl.

yup, and from what i surmised from ep22, Sheryl wanted at least 4 rounds, alto was exhausted and walked out after the first, and that was the time he finally saw the message on his cellphone. :p:lol:

To be fair, Alto was never really good....

...at Twister.