Iron Boy: Armored Adventures

areaseven

not bad, interesting interpretation of the Mandarin, i also would've preferred him to not be a angst filled tween. At least have him out of high school, but i guess they need some kind of ploy for its target audience. Hopefully we get some good merchandise out of this.

Hot on the heels of the highly successful Iron Man film, Marvel and Nicktoons will release an all-new animated series in 2009. The pilot episode is available on the Walmart exclusive 2-pack release of the film.

The big question is this: Why is Tony Stark a kid here?

Iron Boy: Armored Adventures Trailer

Seems to me that they're doing the "Teen Tony Stark" story from 90's. Where Kang the Conqueror manipulated the lives of Tony Stark and Hank Pym (Ant-Man, Yellowjacket) making them evil. It explained why Hank beat his wife Jan and joined the Masters of Evil. Iron Man became a bad guy and even killed some people. So in order to combat him the Avengers went into the past to find a younger version of Stark to fight. Young Tony didn't have the heart injury and created his own Iron suit. The two Iron Men fought but the older won. Kang's manipulation was broken and older Tony sacrificed his life to save the Avengers. Young Tony had a few adventures around the Marvel Universe until Onslaught (almagamated Prof. X and Magneto) showed up and seemingly killed the Avengers and the Fantastic Four. Franklin Richards created a new universe (Heroes Reborn) where the heroes stayed but somehow Tony Stark was aged back to a mature man. Even when the heroes returned back to Marvel Universe proper Tony remained older and it was like he was never replaced by a younger counterpart. Now Marvel always promised to reveal the fate of Teen Tony but as far as I know it never happened.

Read about Teen Tony here:

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Tony-Stark

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Interesting. Don't like the type of animation that much though.

Cel-shaded animation on human characters is a hit-or-miss situation. I didn't care much about the two recent Appleseed movies, but the animation here reminds me too much of SD Gundam Force - which is a bad thing.

• 7 months later...

I watched the first few episodes on one of the nickelodeon channels (there's like four of them), and it's not a bad series, the animation is hit or miss. When they're showing mechanical designs, and the city scape the animation is quite nice, but when they go to the scenes with pepper pots, tony and james the animation is a bit distracting. The story is catered to a younger audience but the writing is still well done and it's definitely fun to watch, there are lots of little nods to the comics and he uses a lot of his more iconic gadgets as the series progresses. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, but if its on it's definitely worth a look.

• 1 month later...
I watched the first few episodes on one of the nickelodeon channels (there's like four of them), and it's not a bad series, the animation is hit or miss. When they're showing mechanical designs, and the city scape the animation is quite nice, but when they go to the scenes with pepper pots, tony and james the animation is a bit distracting. The story is catered to a younger audience but the writing is still well done and it's definitely fun to watch, there are lots of little nods to the comics and he uses a lot of his more iconic gadgets as the series progresses. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, but if its on it's definitely worth a look.

Were those ruins Tonny and the gang traveling to supposed to be in New Jersey?

I wouldn't be surprised if it got canceled.

It's definitely one of those love it or hate it shows. I actually like it a lot. But then again, I've only watched 7 episodes of it. I like the fresh take on Tony being a kid and not a 30 year old who wants to be a kid again by acting like a kid. The animation itself is sub-par at times, but in a way, it feels more like a comic book than normal anime.

• 1 month later...

I've been catching this show more consistently, it's on Nicktoons for the greater part of the afternoon. I gotta say that the writing and character development has come along nicely and even more references to the comic (they recently had Hulk Buster armor on there). I was afraid that Iron Man;AA would focus too much on the mystical side of things with lots of Mandarin story arcs, but they've barely touched any Mandarin stories and have focused mostly on Obadiah Stain. So far it's made for some good action since it's mostly battles of technology (the tech Stain stole from Tony's dad vs Tony tech). The animation is still crappy when it's organic and fantastic when its mechanical, but i think that's just inherit with the type of animation they're using. I've watched up to the point now where Tony is refining his enemies technology and integrating it into his own armor. The first 5 or 6 episodes are kind of crap, but it picks up pretty strongly after that, so i would try catching it on nicktoons when it's on.

I know this is a stupid question but after the Crimson Avenger duflachy came back to earth why would Obadiah bother with Iron man. The Crimson avenger survived two years in deep space kept its pilot alive traveled back to the earth, and survived reentry, and crashing in to the ground. After that proceeded to kicked iron mans a$$ fought its way through the NY PD traversing New York city looking for revenge against his colleague.

Why would the Good old fashion Russian ingenuity not be sufficient to make a Killing on the Arms market after that spectacle was it just out of spite he wanted Iron Man.

I thought the EXACT same thing when i watched that episode. I think the reason they push so hard to get the armor is that they know it's way beyond what their engineers can come up with. The Russian Crimson Dynamo or whatever it was is a brute force giant robot, nothing particularly high tech about it in contrast to Tony's armor. I think Stain is looking more at the potential of technology advancement to gain from the armor than the strict use of the armor itself. As far as Tony getting his ass kicked by the Russian bot, Tony has never really been known for his fighting ability, so i'm sure if his armor were in more capable hands then the Russian mech would've been in for a world of hurt. It was nice to see him resort to the Hulk Buster armor though (even if it wasn't referenced as such).

Edited by emajnthis