New Homeworld 2 Macross Mod

shadow3393

there is the issue about how the units are deployed in the game

all of them go to the same line when created and the frigates/capitals don't settle in a position unless you move them

and it's strange to have the flagship coming out of the carriers they're smaller yet the flagship comes out of them

oh and one thing i didn't try yet so i'll ask here

does the frigates come out of the flagship when they're build from it or they still come out from hyperspace?

This reminded me, flag ships don't come out of hyperspace, they just appear inside the battleship.

Make a copy of the HW2 shortcut and just add:

-mod MacrossGenerations_BetaV1.big

to the end of it.

Tanx, that worked.

Now about mod. Excellent work for 1 man, now it must be tuned and polished. I notice that missile-carrying units hitting themselves with missiles, especially Zentrady fighters.

When zentr. workers taking off from mothership, they fly through left tail plate of armor. might be worth to make their landing zone on the body, not inside.

It`s hard to look on 1 unit in squad with "alt", cursor can`t catch unit, it`s difficult, maybe because of the size

Are there should be anti-air protection on the big ships?

Edited by LexThorn

Thanks for releasing the beta so we can get some impressions.

I noticed some bugs with Meltradi.

- Resource collectors try to run to the flagship even if a carrier is right next to them.

- Sometimes fighters get stuck when trying to dock with a carrier or flagship, even if those stand still.

Shadow, i did a "low poly" version of my VF25, generaly i just got parts of the initial version of my VF25 that weren't much detailed and just checked to see if their size was right.

Still i think it is too much detailed for HW2, around 10k poly.

The only problem is this part here:

post-180-128509008561_thumb.jpg

I used pictures of the bandai toy as a reference, but there is a huge joint on the toy that fills the gap between the crouch and the leg, at my higher poly version i solved it by using some "anime magic". But this is for a game so i endend up making some cosmetic changes. I don't know how it will become after transforming, didn't test.

No textures.

Also it is missing hands and the gunpod...

http://rapidshare.co...6/VF25.rar.html

Edited by akt_m

• 3 weeks later...

Been having fun playing against 4 vayger expert AIs. Found the trick to make fighting 4~5 of them easier, just don't let more than two of them survive long enough to get battle cruiser research finished. Those battle cruisers pack a helluva punch, especially if there are like 4 - 5 coming at you at one time. Anyway, got a cool screen shot from my last play, wanted to say thanks again for making all this fun possible.

post-13360-128723375241_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lutherian

hello guys. I´ve been looking the mod and is prety impresive!!! there are some models I´d like to mess with.... but I can´t find any good hod viewer....what do you recomend....thanks.....

P/S: the reason I want to work with models if for papermodeling issues....nothing comercial.......just for fun....

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long hiatus, went on vacation and was busy. I am considering a new release format, I will have the mod in its directory form online. That way I can update the mod frequently and there will be no need to dl very big files for small changes. Let me know if you guys prefer that release method over the current one big version.

Sorry for the long hiatus, went on vacation and was busy. I am considering a new release format, I will have the mod in its directory form online. That way I can update the mod frequently and there will be no need to dl very big files for small changes. Let me know if you guys prefer that release method over the current one big version.

Either is fine with me, I'd just need to re-download unfbig or whatever it was that I used to use to extract and make .big files. Can't wait to mess around with un spacey.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it seems that the game will run on my Dell mini although I need to connect it to my monitor to actually have a screen res worth a dam. Still getting to grips with how to play (it's been a long time) but Meltran + CPU Meltran Vs CPU expert Zentran was fun, although I did pick a dark map so I didnt get the full detail visually. I will give it some more time over the weekend. I like what I've seen so far.

Well it seems that the game will run on my Dell mini although I need to connect it to my monitor to actually have a screen res worth a dam. Still getting to grips with how to play (it's been a long time) but Meltran + CPU Meltran Vs CPU expert Zentran was fun, although I did pick a dark map so I didnt get the full detail visually. I will give it some more time over the weekend. I like what I've seen so far.

Your zentran ai works? You must tell me how you did that. >.>

OK so last night I set up a Vs CPU game with me as Zentran a Friendly CPU Zentran unit and an Expert Meltran enemy unit. On the Mars map, Oh its dark!!

All went well and I quickly built up a fleet harvesting the Asteroids, an hour or so later I've maxed out my research and my ship capacity and still no Meltrans.

Sent out a few ships to various parts of the map in a stick in a wasp nest kinda way hoping to encourage the Meltrans out to play. Nada!! Not sure if it is a bug or what Lutherian was experiencing. Game is currently saved for future use.

Despite that thought the models look nice and move about well. I like the way the Pods move around in groups when given the orders to patrol a waypoint route.

OK so last night I set up a Vs CPU game with me as Zentran a Friendly CPU Zentran unit and an Expert Meltran enemy unit. On the Mars map, Oh its dark!!

All went well and I quickly built up a fleet harvesting the Asteroids, an hour or so later I've maxed out my research and my ship capacity and still no Meltrans.

Sent out a few ships to various parts of the map in a stick in a wasp nest kinda way hoping to encourage the Meltrans out to play. Nada!! Not sure if it is a bug or what Lutherian was experiencing. Game is currently saved for future use.

Despite that thought the models look nice and move about well. I like the way the Pods move around in groups when given the orders to patrol a waypoint route.

I'd be happy to just have one of the macross races with ai on, not sure what's up on my end if it works for you. What settings are you using for the match before you start it? Also do you have the update for homeworld 2? It's v1.1 I believe.

I'd be happy to just have one of the macross races with ai on, not sure what's up on my end if it works for you. What settings are you using for the match before you start it? Also do you have the update for homeworld 2? It's v1.1 I believe.

I have the 1.1 update and apart from that all I do is chose Player Vs CPU match, pick a race for myself pick a CPU race and set it to Expert. Then I set all the other slots to none. Change the start resource points and change the map to whatever I want and hit go.

Hey, chthonic... do you still do textures? I have this sweet medium-poly Ghost model that has no texture. And just looking for somebody to do a nice Toon texture for it. I'm sure the original author, Akt_M would like to see it in-game, as well as in-movie, so I'm sure we could trade.

Im gusing you just need UN Spacey models? Atm I have ARMD-1 and the SDF-1. I also have a bunch of veritech fighters. Ships in .obj format.

The guys on my team are currently making Guantanamo-class, Northampton-class and Oberth-class.

Truthfully those are done...Check the history of this mod as well as the original. You should really upload pic or what you have so the guyz can see the skills

The QF3000.

I'm tempted- Actually I've been have a little free time before my next business deal. SOoooooo