New Homeworld 2 Macross Mod

shadow3393

• 2 weeks later...
when will this mod come out?

When it's done.

and where can i get the current one?

There is no current one. There hasn't been a public release since the old Homeworld I mod back in the day.

I love this about mods. Sure, we all want to play 'em, and we'd love some kind of estimate of when we can, but the simple truth is, these are volunteer projects. They're done when they're done, and that's really the only answer there CAN be, unless people are getting paid, and thus subject to budgets and timelines.

I welcome any and all updates for this project, and I support the members taking the time they need to make it awesome and to live their own lives on their own terms. Way better than the crazy-ass long days that game devs work.

I love this about mods. Sure, we all want to play 'em, and we'd love some kind of estimate of when we can, but the simple truth is, these are volunteer projects. They're done when they're done, and that's really the only answer there CAN be, unless people are getting paid, and thus subject to budgets and timelines.

I welcome any and all updates for this project, and I support the members taking the time they need to make it awesome and to live their own lives on their own terms. Way better than the crazy-ass long days that game devs work.

You bring up a good point now the homeworld 2 battlestar galactica is a mod in progress and they are at 5.3 and they started with a 1.1 i think it was and sure some of the ships has a few glitches and untextured armed or dock or capture points and the mod staff are fans too. but they manage to create new stuff sometimes missions and new ships and a mod for the fans to play.

sure i love seeing the macross videos of the mod but its nice to give the fans more then a movie tease like taste of whats there and where new stuff comes out add it in to the mod as a update. seeing the movies is not like being in the battles or makeing a macross mod film or make a music video,

i have a account on youtube with 9 video's i have some star trek one stargate a few bsg ones i would love to do a robotech macross one and make one that rocks.

i feel the mod looks good as it is but sure more and new ships are awsome like the idea of a macross cannon from macross 2 and the marduk or maybe the invid original robotec ships and fighters.

when the mod comes out is it a directory type? where you custom the starting fleets? and will a link be posted?

and i am woundering i downloaded macross 2 music but i cant find the battle music from macross 2 at the end where the fleet engage the marduk at earth does any one know its name and where to find it?

NICE!!

Hopefully you guys will be able to get female voices for the Meltrani fleet--eventually. B))

well Zinjo i know that can be done because the battlestar galctica mod has it on a few ships

infact i need to install hw2 and get the 5.3 mod installed its nice to play a mod i see on youtube :)

but to do it they need a actual sound bite and convert it to a lua the bsg mod has a help guide to do that and other sounds.

if none are on websites then the need to record them off the tv.

I found a macross mod for the old hw1 but one problem its all pass word protected does anyone know how to oppen all the win rar locked files????????

oh i was playing a mod for star wars empire at war FOC

and it got me to think if the two mods i played was cool on this can you picture a macross game where you battle on planet and in space and can switch to movie view?

I found a macross mod for the old hw1 but one problem its all pass word protected does anyone know how to oppen all the win rar locked files????????

oh i was playing a mod for star wars empire at war FOC

and it got me to think if the two mods i played was cool on this can you picture a macross game where you battle on planet and in space and can switch to movie view?

Damn! The possibilities!

Destroids and VFs flying in atmosphere! Ground combat!

Dude, don't make me drool like that again. We haven't got flood insurance!

:D

Damn! The possibilities!

Destroids and VFs flying in atmosphere! Ground combat!

Dude, don't make me drool like that again. We haven't got flood insurance!

:D

Well you right a mode like this would be awsome but here is the thing and I feel you made a error.

destroids dont fly they are only ground based only or attached on ship hulls by magnetic grip as seen in robtech episodes force of arms and to the stars and the movie macross do you remember love.

now to make you drool I posted a music video with the babylon5 mod to Robotech music now picture this mod with robotech ships.

Well you right a mode like this would be awsome but here is the thing and I feel you made a error.

destroids dont fly they are only ground based only or attached on ship hulls by magnetic grip as seen in robtech episodes force of arms and to the stars and the movie macross do you remember love.

DUH!!!

:wacko:

well you made the statement about them flying in space and ground combat like the VF's

so i had to clear it up.

by the way what do you think of the video tell me would that kind of a mod be neat?

I think I see where I made the error... I needed a ',' in there someplace... :lol:

As for the Bab5 mod, it was all right, I guess. I would have liked to see the terran ships rotating in the combat sequences, as well, but that might be an issue with game mechanics. Overall, not too bad.

As for the Bab5 mod, it was all right, I guess. I would have liked to see the terran ships rotating in the combat sequences, as well, but that might be an issue with game mechanics. Overall, not too bad.

the truth is the planets do rotate in the ga its not all that noticeable but it does. because i did see what may be some movement.

bui can tell you that on the planet surface it does have things like weather rain lightning snow fall and water.

with foc unlike the first it does have more worlds and yes new deadly things like poison gas flowers.

by the way what does the homeworld 1 version of do you rember love looks like?

i ask because am down loading it all first before i buy the first homeworld game.

so is the original macross mod for the first one or cataclisim

Edited by THEGAMETIPER

• 3 weeks later...
A new HW2 Macross mod... Lestat and One Klump posts in the topic... Sexy ships...

This starts to sound good :)

Any way someone can lend a hand?

Lol, been a while since I've been associated with the mod, I really haven't done anything but be a cheerleader for the last few years :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay.

Been distracted by various things in RL.

Update:

Working on getting the Meltran Carrier/LST in game

Next up will be the Zentran Gunboat

Once I get all the Zentran and Meltran units in game with research(4 units left to put in game), I will release a beta.

Some units will be untextured.

The initial beta, will probably only have Meltran and Zentran factions in them.

As for the issue of motherships, I am considering a force escalation set up, All sides will start with pickets/ARMD.

UN Spacy still need a bit of work before it can be released.

• 2 weeks later...

UN Spacy will not be in the beta. They still have a lot of things that needs to be completed, various units including the Macross and NMC needs to have total re-hodding and animation done to them. Currently, I do not have the time to sit down and do that.

I am torn between using zentran clips from DYRL or recording my own.

Using the DYRL clips lacks consistency between the voices, but sounds more natural.

Recording my own will have good consistency but pronouncing zentrandi is a bitch and sounds kinda off to me. Also can't really do meltran voices......

Here is a sample of my efforts.

zentran_ack.mp3

Edited by shadow3393

• 1 month later...