New Homeworld 2 Macross Mod

shadow3393

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To what are you referring. HW2 or the SINS mod?

Since you joined yesterday I'll give you some information. Some mods take YEARS to get done.

I really get a kick out of the audacity of some people to dictate their "expectations" on other people's work.

I seriously hope you don't become one of these "people". Modders have a thing called Real Life. Aside from all the pitfalls and curves that throws at participants there are also times when staff come and go. Or even when critical slots are never filled.

I definitely root for this mod and hope it continues to go as smoothly as it has (so far) for the Devs. However, like all mod teams, they work on THEIR time table and no one else's.

--------

It's a good idea never to leak any expectations of time releases (like teasers, demos, or final releases) until you are actually at the cusp of it. Fans can get unruly and out of hand. It's rough sometimes dealing with "hecklers" and worse the types that walk in and start BS about C&D threats and what not. Most of the time however those are new people and not established Community members.

So carry on guys! You've done quality work and we'll be waiting pateintly as always.

:)

Edited by Star Dragon

To what are you referring. HW2 or the SINS mod?

Since you joined yesterday I'll give you some information. Some mods take YEARS to get done.

I really get a kick out of the audacity of some people to dictate their "expectations" on other people's work.

I seriously hope you don't become one of these "people". Modders have a thing called Real Life. Aside from all the pitfalls and curves that throws at participants there are also times when staff come and go. Or even when critical slots are never filled.

I definitely root for this mod and hope it continues to go as smoothly as it has (so far) for the Devs. However, like all mod teams, they work on THEIR time table and no one else's.

--------

It's a good idea never to leak any expectations of time releases (like teasers, demos, or final releases) until you are actually at the cusp of it. Fans can get unruly and out of hand. It's rough sometimes dealing with "hecklers" and worse the types that walk in and start BS about C&D threats and what not. Most of the time however those are new people and not established Community members.

So carry on guys! You've done quality work and we'll be waiting pateintly as always.

True... But I am always patient.. so therefore I'm just expecting new outcome of Modern Warfare 2 (they got video of upcoming of Killstreaks with AC-130 power 8D)*snickers* anyway Keep it up guys I'm rooting for ya till the mod is complete ^.^

Edited by Evil_Sasuke

Yeah, I'm really glad that the team has been giving us little glimpses of the process, because we can all feel like we're a part of the development, even if we're not actually part of the team, because we're part of the community. I for one, am rooting for this project just because there's so much talent and passion in it. I don't even play HW2 (though this mod will likely make me give it a shot).

truth be told

homeworld 2 may hav a great storyline

but HW:cataclism is the one that has the coolest spaceships in the whole saga. its a shame that HW2 doesn't have a drone (hive) frigate for example. man the defender was the best fighter in the original saga but the acolytes surpassed them with missiles and combinations between 2 of them to make a corvete class, not to mention that you coud also split an acv into 2 acolytes. and cataclism dreadnaught was way better than the battlecruiser

Status Update:

I haven't been able to work on the mod too much over last few months due to work and getting distracted with other things.

I am having issues with my current computer and my modding tools...stupid vista, I will need help with the mod.

The positions that I need help in is modeling(.obj or .ma), animation (Maya), texturing, and hod export. The programs I usually use does not work well on vista.

I can help with animations to a limited capacity.

Anyone interested pm me.

I leave you guys with some pics of various small things I have been working on.

post-10089-1249469019_thumb.jpg

post-10089-1249469028_thumb.jpg

post-10089-1249469036_thumb.jpg

post-10089-1249469041_thumb.jpg

post-10089-1249469073_thumb.jpg

Edited by shadow3393

That firing effect on the Macross looks really great. Good job. The textures on it are top notch as well.

You could try getting in contact with the guy that did those excellent models of the Macross Frontier and Galaxy. He seems to be able to churn out extremely detailed models in mere hours.

Every time I see new stuff I get that warm feeling :)

I'm really annoyed that I cant get my head round the modding side of HW2. Other games I found easy to mod but for some reason this one defeats me.

#once I get to it I will offer my help, until then you'll just have to be happy with my praise and admiration :)

FANTASTIC!!!

i was expecting just the firing sequence but then it started transforming... wow!

if you would indulge, hope you re-shoot it from a bit higher elevation to better show off the power-up sequence. also, if you could raise the hp on the target, the beam would stay on a bit longer. recall from HW that ion cannons immediately switch off once the target is destroyed.

great work so far, really looking forward to this.

Nice im happy to see this mod got updates this month for soem reson seams liek al lthe macross mods for diferant games die out :( i dunno why prolyl cause its alot of work to make transforming vfs.... all i know is if this makes it to a release imma be a happy camper :) specially with transforming vfs and all.

I do have a question though... how do u plan to make the VF squadrons... do u plans to make available 4 VFS in a wing and calculate that a full combat sqadron is 20? so 5 slots in a carrier each slot has 4 fighters therefore 1 sqadron needs 5 slot space in the hangar bays?. then again usually whne ufly u fly in pairs so it couled also be a good idea to have 2 planes grouped together as 1 unit but that wouled take more slots but the number of slots dosent really matter slong as the total aircraft number is right that way in a 2ship u cna split up in pairs if your a 4 ship but really u got 2 units with 2 fighters each that makes 4 ... u can split up and be more tactical... any how i guess im gettign in the detaisl of things.. thatswhat flyging falcon 4 online does to u LOL :p! yes im a fighter jockey. >_>

And also do u plan to make 1 model for each like Variants of a Fighter liek the A model B model D ect and make the player build add ons for the load out,or do u plan to make a VF - 11 with AA misles and another 1 air to ground version ect i guess my question is will the Vfs be truly Multi role? liek toodays fighters or will we have a vf that does AA another anti ship ect.

Pardon if i have bad english :(.

Edited by Dermeister

• 3 weeks later...

Albeit that i am sure the developers of this mod have received a pletheroa of inquiries concerning the when and where this project will be released, i merely i wanted to extend my gratitude for doing the work that you have thus far as it is positively superb and i sincerely hope that unlike many of the other attempts in the HW2 mod vein - this project comes to light!!!

keep up the great work!

vamos

truth be told

homeworld 2 may hav a great storyline

but HW:cataclism is the one that has the coolest spaceships in the whole saga. its a shame that HW2 doesn't have a drone (hive) frigate for example. man the defender was the best fighter in the original saga but the acolytes surpassed them with missiles and combinations between 2 of them to make a corvete class, not to mention that you coud also split an acv into 2 acolytes. and cataclism dreadnaught was way better than the battlecruiser

Yeah Cataclysm was a great game for Capital ship combat. You could actually move your base ship at a reasonable speed to bring it closer the action, however HW2 had better updates to the game and the game engine. Catalyst was an inhouse mod using the original HW engine.

Nice im happy to see this mod got updates this month for soem reson seams liek al lthe macross mods for diferant games die out :( i dunno why prolyl cause its alot of work to make transforming vfs.... all i know is if this makes it to a release imma be a happy camper :) specially with transforming vfs and all.

I do have a question though... how do u plan to make the VF squadrons... do u plans to make available 4 VFS in a wing and calculate that a full combat sqadron is 20? so 5 slots in a carrier each slot has 4 fighters therefore 1 sqadron needs 5 slot space in the hangar bays?. then again usually whne ufly u fly in pairs so it couled also be a good idea to have 2 planes grouped together as 1 unit but that wouled take more slots but the number of slots dosent really matter slong as the total aircraft number is right that way in a 2ship u cna split up in pairs if your a 4 ship but really u got 2 units with 2 fighters each that makes 4 ... u can split up and be more tactical... any how i guess im gettign in the detaisl of things.. thatswhat flyging falcon 4 online does to u LOL :p ! yes im a fighter jockey. >_>

And also do u plan to make 1 model for each like Variants of a Fighter liek the A model B model D ect and make the player build add ons for the load out,or do u plan to make a VF - 11 with AA misles and another 1 air to ground version ect i guess my question is will the Vfs be truly Multi role? liek toodays fighters or will we have a vf that does AA another anti ship ect.

Pardon if i have bad english :( .

Well HW2 does allow you to create squadrons from your fighter groups so that's already built into the game engine.

As for variants I suspect it all comes down to "Can a player tell the difference?" and "Is the time necessary to make all the variants worth it?"

Once the mod is released, they might be willing to make variants of the same class of fighters available to build, but I think they are concentrating on first getting a stable release out. They can add more ships, fighters maps and scenarios in future updates, like many other mod teams do.

I'd suggest they concentrate on getting out their first release based on a specific theme, like DYRL battles and then work on Mac Plus, Mac 7, etc... for future updates.

That's how we did it in the mods I was involved in. They didn't try to do everything all at once, they released "piece meal" balanced versions of the mod until they had a complete campaign and then went on to another campaign for the next release. Eventually we had a full blown total converson, complete with scenarios, maps and models all balanced and playable by the fans. Each future update was as add-on to the last. The sweet part about this mod is that when they release the next "theme" they don't have to balance the weaponry to the previous generation releases (SW1 vs Mac Plus), since it would be a new generation of gear... ;)

I still have a warm and fuzzy feeling when I see work being done on this mod. I've been outta if it fellas. I run my own business and between that and my daughter. RL is a B I T C H. I tell you one thing though. Macross is always a guilty pleasure. So I need an outlet for my fustrations and I always loved working on this mod even if it takes me 20 years. I'm still lurking.

Status Update:

I haven't been able to work on the mod too much over last few months due to work and getting distracted with other things.

I am having issues with my current computer and my modding tools...stupid vista, I will need help with the mod.

The positions that I need help in is modeling(.obj or .ma), animation (Maya), texturing, and hod export. The programs I usually use does not work well on vista.

I can help with animations to a limited capacity.

Anyone interested pm me.

I leave you guys with some pics of various small things I have been working on.