New Homeworld 2 Macross Mod

shadow3393

Is this version any more transformable as the other one? Or it's a UV Map change?

Just some better details, and now you can try to transform, it will be missing the head and the hands, but most of the parts should be there now. 

-edit-

Tried to transform, the proportions are bad in battroid and in gerwalk. I will try to make it better next time.

Edited by akt_m

So far, I've got a map running that's 100km x 100km, which is far bigger than I think we'd ever need (it would take a capship about half an hour to get from one end to the other). As for giant fleets, I'm trying to run some tests for that now, but really, as long as you keep the polycount of the models under control, I don't think we'd have much of a problem running 100 ship battles. But there needs to be lots of in-game testing to make sure it all works.

In Macross DYRL mod, it will not be used; we're looking to emphasise UNS superiority over Zent with barriers, tactics, etc. For the generations mod... well, there are far more UN units to fill in the gaps.. but that's entirely up to Shadow.

The model would have to be about 2500-3000 polys (guessing).

Any chance the Aria team can use those Zent and UN Spacy cap ships? Looking at that Zentraedi fleet video had me imagining big things.

Well, it would be possible, but they would look crap. They are low polygon, so nothing of the well curved hulls of high-poly Zent ships...

Well, it would be possible, but they would look crap. They are low polygon, so nothing of the well curved hulls of high-poly Zent ships...

I have a couple of high poly ones Turbine and Chrono, but you'll have to ask them - I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind, but....fair's fair. Btw it's looking very nice

I have a couple of high poly ones Turbine and Chrono, but you'll have to ask them - I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind, but....fair's fair. Btw it's looking very nice

Well, we were hoping to populate the distant background with some lower-poly models. We are working on some nice smooth hi-poly ships for detail shots, but for background elements we could really work with low-poly models. We could also build some medium poly ships around low-poly models.

Chthonic -- would the best way to contact Turbine and Chrono be through their MW accounts, do you think?

Well, we were hoping to populate the distant background with some lower-poly models. We are working on some nice smooth hi-poly ships for detail shots, but for background elements we could really work with low-poly models. We could also build some medium poly ships around low-poly models.

Chthonic -- would the best way to contact Turbine and Chrono be through their MW accounts, do you think?

Hard to say- I'm pretty sure they're still luking around. Once a Macross Fan - Always a Macross Fan -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wha t about using the console games and macross frontier as a basis to ease you work?

after all the battle 7 is almost the same as battle frontier and games such as vf-x (1&2), ace frontier & etc could be used as a basis

hope it's a usefull advice ^^'

oh and what about macross quarter as a carrier class ship ?

Edited by Agni

• 2 weeks later...
:unsure: worried was last month, less than optimistic was this month, but still ever hopeful -_- patience i hear pays off

Dont worry things are still happening.

I for one have not done anything as a slightly broken computer, new job and big learning curve have put pay to my spare time for a while.

ah I'm not all that worried, already waited a very long time for the previously announced homeworld 2 mod, whats waiting more when all i do is read post and sit in the background. If i knew how to help i would have by now so I'm more than willing to be patient :)

Ok guys, here it is- the four letter word is upon me and several others- Shadow is one guy and he's a genius at that, but I'm willing to entertain thoughts of how people can help. I have ideas on the how I want the mod to go and trust me. Playing it with the SDF-1 in game is FUN. Although someone likes to cheat and fold away when I fire the Macross cannon. I won't mentioned a name. Trust me guys, with what we have so far it's worth the wait.

Just to update everyone, I have been busy over the past few weeks and haven't been able to work on the mod too much. The SDP-1 transformation is still not the way I want it. Lestat, Chthonic, and I have tested the multiplayer aspect of the mod about 2 weeks ago, it works pretty well. The mod has enough stuff in it for a beta release,sadly no completed valks transformations yet, but needs have some major balancing before that happens.

Progress, in regard to ships in game

-The Zentradi are about 90% done, only missing the male power armor, the tactical pod, gunboat and recon ship.

-The UNS is about 60% done, still considering what other ships to put in. The Macross and the NMC need to be changed to accommodate animated turrets, and also still need transformable models of various valks. Various ships still needs to get textures

-Work on the Meltrandi has yet to start, and still planning how to integrate the Vajira(i.e. add more ships?).

Other Issues

-The Varuta/protodevilin race has been axed due to race limits of Homeworld 2.

-The hyperspace effects are slated to be updated.

-Balance..need to add balance.

During initial testing, the general performance in terms of lag was pretty good. It was established that the mod can handle at least 500 missiles with little effect on performance.

Also, people who will remain unmentioned should know, folding away when being targeted with a main gun is the smart thing to do, especially when one is within visual range from the attacking vessel.

Edited by shadow3393

Good to hear from you shadow. BTW, some mod team somewhere did bypass the race limit without any form of in-match build tree tomfoolery. I think it ws the chinese dudes behind FX. I dont know the specifics, but you could take a look over at relicnews, they might have an idea.

Not that it matters to me, I always thought the protodeviln and thier zombie pilots looked kinda stupid.

Well there is the Uraga stealth carrier, oberths, the 2 holdovers from the DYRL mod, the gunboat and the Calliara. From my early tests, 1 uraga carrier can really do a number on a formation of fighters, if I remember correctly it can track and shoot down 50 missiles fired at it. CIWS on the ships are pretty effective when used in conjunction with other ships. Planning on putting in the old ARMDs, the Guantanamo, the quarter, the crusier from frontier, and the various ships from the video games.

I'm surprised to see my Resourcer unit lasting this long.

Even more surprised to see this mod still alive. I thought it was long dead!

Man, seeing my old concepts on Moddb makes me appreciate how much I've grown as an artist over the past few years. Not sure how I'd have handled those same ships today (the resourcer fleet for the Melts and Zjents) like I did before.

As to race limits... I didn't think Homeworld 2 had any. It was my impression that there wasn't, since we have modders over on Relic who are stuffing in the original races (Even the P races- one-shot forces you fight in the Homeworld 1 campaign) into the game with full fleet lineups.

Keep us posted over on the Relic fourms. I'd like to know when this is finished.

Norsehound "Boxer"

I'm surprised to see my Resourcer unit lasting this long.

Even more surprised to see this mod still alive. I thought it was long dead!

Man, seeing my old concepts on Moddb makes me appreciate how much I've grown as an artist over the past few years. Not sure how I'd have handled those same ships today (the resourcer fleet for the Melts and Zjents) like I did before.

As to race limits... I didn't think Homeworld 2 had any. It was my impression that there wasn't, since we have modders over on Relic who are stuffing in the original races (Even the P races- one-shot forces you fight in the Homeworld 1 campaign) into the game with full fleet lineups.

Keep us posted over on the Relic fourms. I'd like to know when this is finished.

Norsehound "Boxer"

Hey Boxer,

I've been wondering when you'll come back around. Was wondering if you can lend some of your Macross Style to come up with some designs again. UN SPacy is really outnumbered on this one. Maybe some frigates to help balance out everything, Also yeah, the Meltrandi and Zentradi need some quick designs as well for resource collectors. We all know you have the Skills plus Shadow would love to chat with you about some designs he has. Hope you can help out.

Regarding beta testers, as I stated before, please look into the .ship and .wepn documentation(Simple variable editing) at http://hw2wiki.net/wiki.hw2.info/VariableShip.html and http://hw2wiki.net/wiki.hw2.info/FunctionS...aponConfig.html. I expect the testers to be able make balancing modifications on their own.

Make sure you have hamachi and you HW2 updated to 1.1.

This balancing beta will NOT be publicly released, there will be a limit of 4 testers, maybe more if I deem it necessary.

The testing will not begin until at least next week, I am still working on parts of the mod. So far 1 test position has been filled.

Edited by shadow3393

I've been wondering when you'll come back around. Was wondering if you can lend some of your Macross Style to come up with some designs again. UN SPacy is really outnumbered on this one. Maybe some frigates to help balance out everything, Also yeah, the Meltrandi and Zentradi need some quick designs as well for resource collectors. We all know you have the Skills plus Shadow would love to chat with you about some designs he has. Hope you can help out.

I was under the impression the Macross Mod guys would mine the games and other apocryphal Macross works for ships to put into the mod. When I came onboard back in the day, I did the resource vessels because there wasn't anything on them really. The closest think to a resource mining vessel just some spidery thing hanging around in an asteroid field from a screenshot in Macross Plus. They asked me to flesh that out, too. I really wanted to do combat vessels, but like I said it appeared the team had already intended to mine from the games.

I suppose I could try my hand at re-doing some of those old, old ships from long ago, but pay in mind they'd be in DYRL? Style, since I'm not up to speed on everything Macross 7 and onward.

You'd probably find me easier on the Relicnews forums, since I'm frequently on that board. Of course over there (and everywhere else pretty much) my name's "Norsehound".

Edited by Boxer

I'm still working as well, albiet it is slow progress. There is some hardcore inconsistancy between the various views of the Megaroad, even though I've got the best possible resources to build this model...

Still, progress:

post-544-1235386765_thumb.jpg

post-544-1235386779_thumb.jpg

I was under the impression the Macross Mod guys would mine the games and other apocryphal Macross works for ships to put into the mod. When I came onboard back in the day, I did the resource vessels because there wasn't anything on them really. The closest think to a resource mining vessel just some spidery thing hanging around in an asteroid field from a screenshot in Macross Plus. They asked me to flesh that out, too. I really wanted to do combat vessels, but like I said it appeared the team had already intended to mine from the games.

I suppose I could try my hand at re-doing some of those old, old ships from long ago, but pay in mind they'd be in DYRL? Style, since I'm not up to speed on everything Macross 7 and onward.

You'd probably find me easier on the Relicnews forums, since I'm frequently on that board. Of course over there (and everywhere else pretty much) my name's "Norsehound".

I don't see a problem with that. Don't forget to all of those who are reading this. Truthfully it is a community mod. I mean I started working on this in my mid 20's and now I'm in my early 30's and a FATHER?!?! so that's a true word of WIP. Lestat came up with the idea and the credit always goes to him. I think I saw One_Klump lurking around so that tells you some of the old mod crew are still here. I would love to hear from a few others plus there's nothing wrong with new blood. So we shall have at thee and finish.