New Homeworld 2 Macross Mod

shadow3393

That was exactly what I was thinking.

Been messing with backgrounds today. what a pita they are to get into the hod files. My work computer install was messing around and wouldnt run HW properly so I couldnt tell if it was the background and map or the game playing up. End of it is I will over Xmas be reinstalling the O.S as its un-trust worthy in its current state.

I do now have a sure fire way of getting background elements from the various Macross shows though. If anyone has any ideas for bits I should grab then let me know. I need to know series and episode and roughly the time stamp for reference and I will do the rest.

Update

I figured out a way to get animated turrets working with transformations, my theory works, just need to fine tune the joints to line up with the firing effects.

Keep it up Shadow, you are actually inspiring me to continue with my modelling, most notably of the Megaroad....

Well, I stand corrected on how the ion cannons look on zentradi ships. That looked really damn good. Props.

Question, more out of curiosity than anything else: if the vergnitz is going to function as the Zentradi mothership, will you be capable of building more than one?

Also, do you plan on messing with sound effects at all?

This is a mod that uses elements from that one, and totally new material. Due to the nature of HW2, it's completion means that the DYRL mod may now be completed...

I thought we were dead, but no... No, this work is too inspiring... and it made our old team realise just how much work that we have already done. I suspect that we will use elements of this new mod to present the old one as intended.

So, yes, it's a new mod.

And we are still here on the old mod, working together with Shadow on the new one (providing models and textures). God damn, it's still amazing to see my beautiful baby in game, with textures, and animated! So now I'm back to working on the Megaroad...

Update

The Zentradi HAAC is in game, I have to run, so pics will be up at a later date, possibly next year.

This is a mod that uses elements from that one, and totally new material. Due to the nature of HW2, it's completion means that the DYRL mod may now be completed...

From the looks of things, the DYRL section is going to get completed faster than my portion of the mod.

There are only 3 more units left on the Zentradi side left to get in game. My next step is gonna be getting the valks transforming unless I get distracted by something else.

Edited by shadow3393

This is definitely the best-looking mod I've seen since AFF, godspeed to you.

On the topic of gameplay, I would guess you're planning UN/Zen/Vajra in your first release? I like the idea given earlier of having swarms of cheap early stage Vajra as their first unit, those could also be used as resourcers (which are vastly less efficient then those of other races). The tougher mecha types could cost a lot of time and RU, but do tons of damage (naturally), the reds' main cannon would have to be fired as a special ability and have significant cooldown too. I also noticed that the Vajra mothership didn't seem to actually have much in the way of armament either, which is a good thing for the game, I think. I can see it having a lot of defensive power, but only anti-fighter turrets. This way a Vajra player would have to resource carefully and choose battles wisely, instead of having a huge advantage over everyone from the start.

Whilst there are a few vajra models, I doubt you'll be seeing an entire faction anytime soon. There's tons more to model there. More likely, it will be UN/Zentradi, possibly Meltrans, since those are almost entirely modelled. However, vajra will be one of the factions as far as I know. There is a limit to the number of sides you can have in hw2, but I suppose if necessary, one could always make the zentran/meltran faction one happy family, a la Macross TV.

There was a mod team somewhere that managed to bypass the race limit. I'll see if I can find out who it was.

In fact, I think the only wierd coding issue that was never resolved was giving resourcers the ability to attack - it crashes the game as soon as they try to shoot something.

Whilst there are a few vajra models, I doubt you'll be seeing an entire faction anytime soon. There's tons more to model there. More likely, it will be UN/Zentradi, possibly Meltrans, since those are almost entirely modelled. However, vajra will be one of the factions as far as I know. There is a limit to the number of sides you can have in hw2, but I suppose if necessary, one could always make the zentran/meltran faction one happy family, a la Macross TV.

Maybe there could be some means to choose between Zentran and Meltran in-game? Really, it would mostly be a matter of aesthetics right?

There's a sight I hadn't seen for years.

Where does the Stampede fit in the Valk development? (Era?)

Space War I... It was in a DYRL game, along with the Ghost II Phantom and the VF-3.

SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie

Speaking of which, Chtonic and Shadow, is this the version with the detailed vernier thruster towers or just the flat version? I am pretty sure there was a later version which used a 3d version, rather than a flat maped rectangle.

Space War I... It was in a DYRL game, along with the Ghost II Phantom and the VF-3.

SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie

Speaking of which, Chtonic and Shadow, is this the version with the detailed vernier thruster towers or just the flat version? I am pretty sure there was a later version which used a 3d version, rather than a flat maped rectangle.

It's the More Detailed version

It's the More Detailed version

Excellent. Could you maybe send me the file next time you're live on MSN? I've lost it in a format it seems... Along with the melt LST higher poly version?

Did some small changes at my VF11 model, but it is still wrong...

The UV map was redone by automatic tools, so i ended giving the nose a small texture area, that's why i had to blur it. Fell free to do a better one with you want. Did some fast texture job, was just trying to see how it would come by painting it directly on 3d at photoshop cs4.

Not ready to be exported to HW2. file in obj.

http://rapidshare.com/files/180050773/VF-11_0.7.7z

post-180-1231169384_thumb.jpg

The UV map was redone by automatic tools, so i ended giving the nose a small texture area, that's why i had to blur it. Fell free to do a better one with you want. Did some fast texture job, was just trying to see how it would come by painting it directly on 3d at photoshop cs4.

Any Chance to See that with Fast Packs? I always liked the Mac Plus Fast Pack Design Compared to the Macross 7- I might start a debate with that one

Is this version any more transformable as the other one? Or it's a UV Map change?