New Homeworld 2 Macross Mod

shadow3393

There is, (PDS Mod did it for several custom missions) but I dont remeber the exact science of it. I think the lod team leader said it was ridiculously labor intensive and somewhat imprecise, so I dont know how well that would work for you. interesting idea though.

... I wonder if shadow could solve the transformation issue for FS, too ^_^

I read too that it was a bit hit and miss. Nothing wrong with using Aria movie captures as a front end movie AFAICS. it would be great though.

If you could do transforms in FS I could die happy.

Now if we had a game engine like Crysis just think what we could do.

www.mechlivinglegends.net

gotta buy me a better Graphics card for that baby

You can definitely make custom cut scenes in Hw2. They are called NIS scenes, you will need maya with the relic plug ins to make them. I think there was another program called NISed, but the link is dead. Yea, I started to look into it but deemed to be too much of a pain the behind and shelved it for a later time. If anybody wants to do that, heres a link with the tutorial,http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=65532

Edited by shadow3393

You can definitely make custom cut scenes in Hw2. They are called NIS scenes, you will need maya with the relic plug ins to make them. I think there was another program called NISed, but the link is dead. Yea, I started to look into it but deemed to be too much of a pain the behind and shelved it for a later time. If anybody wants to do that, heres a link with the tutorial,http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=65532

And there was a time when I decided to stick with 3ds max because it was "standard" in game design. Standards. Feh.

Well, this isn't over yet...

Nice Models there really like the Zent ship there. I need to make a low poly Game version of that ship and was wondering if you can make some screen shots of it from different angles?

By the way those models you have shown are awesome, and I wanted to restated that because they are but I was wondering what kind of texturing are you going to do just a basic wrap or are you going to also add bump mapping?

well I am going to do a wrap and a bump for the smaller details, once the models are finished and as for the zentran ship I can post a few orthographic shots for ya :)

Update

The Macross is officially in the game, having a little trouble with the textures but , it fully transforms!!

OMG that is beyond awesome :D its amazing how your tackling all the problems that the previous mod team had trouble with, excellent job dude. One question though are you going to have the DYRL version only? or will you include the TV version as well cause i can certainly donate a lo-res version of my TV macross model if ya like.

OMG that is beyond awesome :D its amazing how your tackling all the problems that the previous mod team had trouble with, excellent job dude. One question though are you going to have the DYRL version only? or will you include the TV version as well cause i can certainly donate a lo-res version of my TV macross model if ya like.

Sure, but it might be a while before I can get it in game. What format is it in?

Yeah, great models!

And not to bogart your collaborators Shadow, but, yo, Zeiram, if you're interested in lending a hand (or a model) to Macross Aria, we could always use hi-poly models of that caliber.

Wanna know more?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28292

And Shadow, I'm not sure if you would have any use for what we're developing, but, we're definitely open to providing you with stuff if we can.

hmmm... looks interesting, What kind of models are ya looking for VFs? capital ships? destroids?

Yes and no, hardpoints still don't move, but I am now controlling the weapons via scripts and some creative hodding. I am still trying to figure out how to make the weapons not fire during transformations. Also I am currently testing my idea of how to get animated turrets on a transforming ship.

Update

Bad news, it seems that the game engine won't support fully animated turrets and have transformation at the same time. Oh well

That does kinda suck but, then again I'll take transformation over turrets any day ^_^

oh by the way I noticed that in the original DYRL mod they had a few original designed ships, does that mean the mod your working on will use fan created vessels as well or do you want to keep things a canon as possible? anyways here is a design for a U.N heavy cruiser I have been working on.

post-4929-1229671618_thumb.jpg

post-4929-1229671637_thumb.jpg

post-4929-1229671651_thumb.jpg

That does kinda suck but, then again I'll take transformation over turrets any day ^_^

oh by the way I noticed that in the original DYRL mod they had a few original designed ships, does that mean the mod your working on will use fan created vessels as well or do you want to keep things a canon as possible? anyways here is a design for a U.N heavy cruiser I have been working on.

Check out the old HW2 forum - Boxer came up with some nice designs- plus some of his work is posted on the moddb.com - search for Macross and you'll see. Also, since shadow asked for my help- I have a model you'll probaly love to mess with- its a "to be continue" but could end up being the most complex one. PM me- we'll talk

I would just like to say that it looks incredible, finally seeing so many years of hard work come to fruition, even if it's in another mod.

Shadow, I do hope you figure out the textures on my Macross. There are quite a lot of them, and I do not envy you if you have to retexture the whole ship, and the ARMDs.

Still, looking incredible.

I can't wait until you blow them away with what was probably the most complete section of the mod...

I am not sure when it's coming, but to those not members of this mod or the DYRL mod... I'll give you a hint... instead of green, you'll be seeing shades of purple... And a fleet of the strongest women...

Yes, there are two ships shown there that are original.

The Calliara (ARMD-style version of the Oberth) and a UN Spacy Gunboat.

They were created to fill up the lack of capital ships in original macross-era (2009/10). The gunboat was a second version on just a filler ship - I made it to look more DYRL, drawing inspiration from the Macross 7 Stealth Frigates.

The Calliara was my own design, done in lineart form originally with Studio Kappa, with a fair bit of input from Nanashi, the Macross purist Nazi, lol. It was meant to be what the new ARMD carriers were to the old ones for the Oberth. It also carries drones.

I drew inspiration from both ships from scenes in Flashback 2012 where the Megaroad is seen with a lot of smaller ships. These are those ships, imagined into proper designs.

As for your heavy U.N. Cruiser, please feel free to ignore the criticism if you wish, and do not take it as an attack on your obviously excellent modelling skills; a nice design, but is it Macross? It resembles the early prototype designs seen in the This is Animation Macross lineart books. This ship (to me) appears too blocky to be a U.N. cruiser. The ship should either have a TV look (more curves) or a DYRL look (more angular, yes with the blockiness, but with a more tapered look). You should model the engines and weapons off existing ships. The biggest problem in my opinion is the bridge - it does not look Macross at all. Try taking a look at the DYRL ARMD bridges for inspiration, or the SDF-1 Macross itself.

Yes, there are two ships shown there that are original.

The Calliara (ARMD-style version of the Oberth) and a UN Spacy Gunboat.

They were created to fill up the lack of capital ships in original macross-era (2009/10). The gunboat was a second version on just a filler ship - I made it to look more DYRL, drawing inspiration from the Macross 7 Stealth Frigates.

The Calliara was my own design, done in lineart form originally with Studio Kappa, with a fair bit of input from Nanashi, the Macross purist Nazi, lol. It was meant to be what the new ARMD carriers were to the old ones for the Oberth. It also carries drones.

I drew inspiration from both ships from scenes in Flashback 2012 where the Megaroad is seen with a lot of smaller ships. These are those ships, imagined into proper designs.

As for your heavy U.N. Cruiser, please feel free to ignore the criticism if you wish, and do not take it as an attack on your obviously excellent modelling skills; a nice design, but is it Macross? It resembles the early prototype designs seen in the This is Animation Macross lineart books. This ship (to me) appears too blocky to be a U.N. cruiser. The ship should either have a TV look (more curves) or a DYRL look (more angular, yes with the blockiness, but with a more tapered look). You should model the engines and weapons off existing ships. The biggest problem in my opinion is the bridge - it does not look Macross at all. Try taking a look at the DYRL ARMD bridges for inspiration, or the SDF-1 Macross itself.

Its no prob ^^ in fact I welcome honest criticism, otherwise how would anyone know what their doing wrong an how to go about making it better, My main inspiration was from the new bolgenese styled cruisers from macross frontier when designing the heavy cruiser, as for the bridge I looked at a few designs from macross 2 for ideas(probably why the bridge looks un macrossy) anyways thanks for the critique.

hmmm... looks interesting, What kind of models are ya looking for VFs? capital ships? destroids?

At this point we're mainly looking for capital ships, although there are a couple of smaller units we could use as well.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=690694

UNS

Lockhee SF-3A Lancer II Space Fighter

Northrom QF-3000E Ghost Fighter-Bomber

Zentraedi

Picket Patrol Ship

Quiltra Queleual Class Landing Ship Tank

Queadol-Magdomilla Class Fleet Command Battleship

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs-Class Fleet Command Battleship

Its no prob ^^ in fact I welcome honest criticism, otherwise how would anyone know what their doing wrong an how to go about making it better, My main inspiration was from the new bolgenese styled cruisers from macross frontier when designing the heavy cruiser, as for the bridge I looked at a few designs from macross 2 for ideas(probably why the bridge looks un macrossy) anyways thanks for the critique.

I actually like the idea of having the variants of the bolgenese. I was originally going to make the several versions of my current northampton, for different roles, ecm, missile attack, fast attack, and various other roles. My philosophy for ships are to keep the basic canon ship structure and modify components for different roles. That and all you need is 1 base model to work off, and its easier to hod multiple ships.

As for your model it looks great but I have to agree with Akt_M, it doesn't seem "macrossy" enough. I actually have a request for a ship for you to model, the cruiser from Frontier. The one from the first episode that got blasted by the vajira.

Edited by shadow3393

I actually like the idea of having the variants of the bolgenese. I was originally going to make the several versions of my current northampton, for different roles, ecm, missile attack, fast attack, and various other roles. My philosophy for ships are to keep the basic canon ship structure and modify components for different roles. That and all you need is 1 base model to work off, and its easier to hod multiple ships.

As for your model it looks great but I have to agree with Akt_M, it doesn't seem "macrossy" enough. I actually have a request for a ship for you to model, the cruiser from Frontier. The one from the first episode that got blasted by the vajira.

It would be hard to do a model without some clear images from it...

Impressive work shadow!!!!! Really good!!!!!

so, i think that it can not do better with a limited pragram as Skechup free demo, this is the result of the Battle galaky full trasformation version.

well next year i hope i can work whit maya finnally!!!

CiuZ

REN

You make Google Sketchup look good.