New Homeworld 2 Macross Mod

shadow3393

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess I should probably give an update. I have been pretty distracted with real life, got a new job in different state. Still waiting on my stuff to be shipped to me. I have every intention of finishing the mod. Don't know what time frame I will start back up though. I am looking into methods to host the mod other than rapidshare.

I guess I should probably give an update. I have been pretty distracted with real life, got a new job in different state. Still waiting on my stuff to be shipped to me. I have every intention of finishing the mod. Don't know what time frame I will start back up though. I am looking into methods to host the mod other than rapidshare.

Public torrent trackers, mediafire, filefactory, hotfile,

http://www.top10bestwebsitehosting.com/?kw=file%2520hosting%2520sites&c=18944363988&t=search&p=&m=p&adpos=1t1&a=232&gclid=CPqszvbP3K4CFQ6EhwodejZpWA

There are quite a few file hosts out there, just do some research to see which works best for the distribution.

I am glad you decided to drop rapidshare, they were once the best and now one of the worst...

• 1 month later...

ModDB is a fairly reliable website, though it can be slow at some points.

Ok, quick OT questions, but I have the PC version of HW2 and I have a Mac, is there a way I can install this game, or at least the core components so I can play it? Recently I installed my hardcopy of Freespace 2 thanks to the FSO Project and it runs fine. I know I can run it with parallels and even installing Windows on a partition, but I don't want to do this because I'll have to spend money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What I see when I add this "big" file is Meltran and Zentran fleet ships. Is that all there is at this time? Is there no UN Spacy faction? Did I do something wrong/miss something?

Like the above poster, I love this game and the potential of this mod so please reply. Thanks!

Edited by Astralith

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The mod is not dead, just as I was going to get back on the horse working on the mod, work got kinda crazy. I will try to get to updating stuff when I can, probably late summer from the looks of it. Macross 30 isnt helping my free time allocation either :)

Edited by shadow3393

• 1 month later...

hey its been a while sence I posted any improvements well I was playing with the mod and I felt the mod was missing something.

other then the uns space ships i hope comes out soon but that was not it .

as i watch the ships die and explode I keept thinking to myself about another mod i played and how the explosions were out of this world.

so it hit me out of the blue when i played the mod i said why not lets see what can be done?

the first thing i said had to go was the explosion sounds so i revamped it there but what really was missing was EXPLOSIONS.

while playing this other mod I tryied to do what i call reverse mod and cross mix whenre i see what they did to the best of my ability and blend parts from theirs to yours.

in the course of 1 month of trials and errors here it comes keep in mind it is still in prototype mode not ready but here is a sneak peak please tell me what you macross fans think it is just a taste but it is still wip.

yes i know about the misspell after the fact i wanted to post fast

Like I said in the PM, I don't have a clue anymore. I haven't run the mod myself for a very, very long time. I have it somewhere on my HDD, but I have not been actively involved in the mod for many years.

I did not retire btw though, I went pro.

(put a thread up in the Anime and Scifi section on one of my projects)

My two cents on the explosions, they are a good move in the right direction. How about macross explosions though?

LOL- I still have all the source files- Are you kidding?

I think we're getting old with this thing- I started working on this in my 20's - now I'm in my 30's - that tells you how long- I mean my Dtr is 6 now and I started before she was an itch

lestat keep in mind macross is animated and if i had to pick between the standard hw2 explosions or the ones i used that show a reactor breach and a explosion with a fireball and debree i would go with the second i feel the explosions i used is a improvement.

i also tried to replace the fold with a better one but i have no luck.

but the one thing i cant get to work is my mark 2 retexture

by the way who has the uns ships

ok Lestat it is i am trying to improve that one ship with no luck.

as far as the uns ships i tried a guy on youtube who has the uns ships in his videos including the sdf-1 with no luck.

i wish i knew who has the ships or has a mod with all the ships thats hw2.

true i do play the hw1 version but three problems.

1 the game crashes because i am xp where the game is not.

2 the zentradi has meltandi ships too

3 you canot chose your enemys or their sides