Future Macross villains

So an interesting conundrum now has occurred now that Frontier and the Vajra have made peace. Sure, you can tell smaller Macross stories like Plus or Zero, but what about, say, the big 30th, 40th or 50th anniversary show?

The bugs are now defacto allies of NUNS, i.e. they'd probably fight active Zentradi fleets looking to crush NUNS near the vicinity of their home world.

Since the bugs are now pretty chummy with humans and now understand individuality, it brings up the issue of the next group of villains.

For there to be dramatic tension, the bad guys have to be overwhelming at first, completely superior to the heroes in nearly every way. In Macross, it was sheer numbers and firepower, with the bugs it was their adaptability and totally alien nature.

Basically, the next group of villains have to be able to completely and totally curb stomp the Vajra so bad it again falls upon our human heroes to fight and survive. Oh sure, there may be 'rogue' hives just like rogue Zent fleets, but once an 'enemy' has been cultured in Macross, they stay that way basically. Thus, the next group of ultra baddies need to be able to take down the NUNS, Zentradi and Vajra... and that's going to be more than a little terrifying to witness.

Edited by Dangard Ace
Ok, SPOILER TAGS. The show hasn't been out 24hours and the subbed version aren't even out yet! Geez!

A faction of the Protoculture who wants to waste all their creations?

Seems that way with the Birdman's destroy protocol of human not becoming a threat.

Perhap to match our own bugs the Protoculture have their insectoid army.

As Macross M3 has shown Protoculture atech llowed UN Spacy to create their own giant insect bio weapons on their own.

Perhaps a perfected version of the Evil Series without the Protodevlin kinks.

Oh yes Birdmen mecha.

The way I see it Valkyrie technology will advance in a way that it could become sentient with Vajra cells for the main computer. Interfacing with the pilot via fold quartz.

Finally breaking the barrier of bio-neural chips for AI development.

Edited by RedWolf

I think the next story should focus more on tension between already settled colonies, or maybe two colonies fighting for the same planet. Problem is, it wouldn't fit with the whole "spirit" of Macross with the singing n' all (plus it's not exactly original or anything), but there's only so many new enemies that can come around before it becomes a bit unbelievable.

I don't think the Vajra are as many and vast as ppl tend to think. If anything, rogue zentraedi and SA are still the main threat in the galaxy since their numbers seem infinite. And further proven that the zentraedi themselves do not know of this race, the Vajra....surely their numbers and influence in the galaxy is not much. At least with the protodeviln and Evil series, all zentraedi fear them.

Next enemy? Hikaru himself whose head is implanted in a mecha to preserve his life. After hiding from humanity so long he became depressed by humanity and why they cause wars.....so he decides to become the new Protoculture and teach us all a lesson. Songs of love don't affect his cynical heart anymore....until a 9 year old idol steps up to the challenge.

Next enemy? Hikaru himself whose head is implanted in a mecha to preserve his life. After hiding from humanity so long he became depressed by humanity and why they cause wars.....so he decides to become the new Protoculture and teach us all a lesson. Songs of love don't affect his cynical heart anymore....until a 9 year old idol steps up to the challenge.

What? Mecha-Hikaru is a Char now? :blink:

SPOILER TAGS if you're going to talk about the Vajra people. Some of us are still downloading the final episode and it hasn't even been 24hrs since it's been aired.

Well, it was stated on the final episode talkback thread that the spoiler tag rule was void for the final episode. It didn't make sense to me to do that, but I guess the mods figured everyone would be caught up in the excitement and watch it right away. Please proceed with caution in any of the threads on this board.

Observant ones will see it. :ph34r:

As noted in the guidelines for the thread, when the finale airs, you may post without spoiler tags. There is no 12-hour spoiler notice for the final episode.

If you do not wish to be spoiled, I suggest not viewing this thread or the boards, at all, until you have seen the episode.

I took it to mean avoid the boards all together.

That only applies to that thread, which I've been avoiding like the plague until I've watched the episode. As said I've been dl'ing that episode the moment the RAW went out, some of us don't/can't stream the episode or have the privilege of watching it live.

It's been in YouTube since yesterday... :rolleyes:

Oh I definitely see your position and it's not wrong at all. I also see why Az would say avoid we may want to avoid the boards (which I can't do since I've got a job to do here) but c'mon the title is innocent enough, I can understand talking about it inadvertently when posting in other thread, but I'm not suspecting spoilers in the first line of the first post of the thread that isn't about Macross F.

Anyways, eh I've already been spoiled now, I've at least prevented others from being spoiled and I think we should go back to being on topic. It's past 12hrs anyways and I don't want to derail the thread anymore.

It's been in YouTube since yesterday... :rolleyes:

Yay, I want to watch a crap resolution version when I can DL a gorgeous RAW file that I can watch on my TV. A RAW file that I was downloading yesterday as well.

I took it to mean avoid the boards all together.

It meant the thread specifically, but I know many people are here for something besides Frontier, hence the "or" in my wording. So DA is correct, you might want to watch those spoilers. Not everyone has seen it. Some people are purposely avoid it until a sub comes along.

And Kronnang Dunn, some people can't watch it on Youtube because Youtube and other video sites may be blocked. Some people don't have the luxury of watching live streams, viewing online videos or otherwise. <_<

Since we're talking about future Macross villains for what ever possible series may come about. And mind you macross 7 is the only one I really never watched, couldn't find a descent subbed version. So maybe I missed something....

What about the Supervision Army? Have they ever been exposed or seen in action...ever? Are they still active, still a menace? Or are they extinct and long gone. I just figure that we've well covered Zentradi/Meltrandi forces, The Vajra and the Birdman quite a bit, AI controlled idols & ghost fighters as well as the Marduk (That's from Macross II which no one ever seems to care about). So I figure why not the super Vision Army.

Seriously, why not? How bad an idea could it be?

Edited by 505thAirborne

Well the supervision army is an old adversary of the Zent. So they have faced them before no biggy, mind you it would be neat. Plus in M7 you had the Vartua who are to the UN/NUN like the supervision army were to the PC/Zent.

You have to consider escalation on both sides too... soon the NUN will be able to move about the Galaxy as though the whole thing was in Earth's back yard with the new fold drives and such. Maybe its time to do a mad chase across the Galaxy or a civil war perhaps. Its pretty clear statement Having Battle Galaxy show up that human society is falling apart again. People are so separated that while they consider themselves humans they are not all Terrans.

Maybe Grace should have succeeded at least it would have truly unified human kind for once, well after all the non cyborgs were killed off. So wait does that mean that all M-galaxy civilians are now in slave mode like Brera, If so scary... How bout this for an enemy, a million VF-27s with internal fold quartz boosters... That would be a force of nature on a galactic scale

Well the supervision army is an old adversary of the Zent. So they have faced them before no biggy, mind you it would be neat. Plus in M7 you had the Vartua who are to the UN/NUN like the supervision army were to the PC/Zent.

You have to consider escalation on both sides too... soon the NUN will be able to move about the Galaxy as though the whole thing was in Earth's back yard with the new fold drives and such. Maybe its time to do a mad chase across the Galaxy or a civil war perhaps. Its pretty clear statement Having Battle Galaxy show up that human society is falling apart again. People are so separated that while they consider themselves humans they are not all Terrans.

Maybe Grace should have succeeded at least it would have truly unified human kind for once, well after all the non cyborgs were killed off. So wait does that mean that all M-galaxy civilians are now in slave mode like Brera, If so scary... How bout this for an enemy, a million VF-27s with internal fold quartz boosters... That would be a force of nature on a galactic scale

See this why putting up a post is a good thing and you get to see what others are thinking as well. Gives me a better idea of what the super vision army sort of was, is a there a GOOD copy of Macross 7 subtitled? I need to watch that one!!

If there were a million VF-27's running loose with the same cannon Brera had or stronger, I'd put up the white flag for surrender, That's a tough fighter to go up against!!! Even the SMS pilots with their VF-25 could barely take them on. But Bullet101 has a good point too, Civil War between the UN SPACY, it could work. But human vs. Human, could that fit in with the modern realm of Macross?? Since we it all originally started with the Anti-unification wars, pre-Space war 1. :unsure:

Well if you think about it the one show that has been truly alien vrs human was the original. All the others were human created/by/from. Sharon apple was made by humans, and we all know Guld's story. The Vartua were made from the M5 fleet with the real enemy being the protodelven. Dynamite added pirates, space whales, and the Zolan to the mix. Bird man was more an object then a side, the combatant enemy was the AUN.

With frontier we had it backwards from M7, where the main combatant was a new alien but they were being manipulated into attacking the good guys by the bad guys who were more humans from within the NUN. I guess this would be the first case of fleets fighting over a planet though for different reasons, power vrs survival.

Humans Vs. Protoculture for the next project. Especially since nothing is ever really *extinct* in SF. It would be brilliant.

Taksraven

If they ever decide to do that, it had better be INCREDIBLY creepy. I always imagine the Protoculture to be almost Lovecraftian in their cyclopean towers with their weird and eldritch technology...

Humans Vs. Protoculture for the next project. Especially since nothing is ever really *extinct* in SF. It would be brilliant.

Taksraven

One day, One day my friend we might just see that. To see the actual Protoculture would absolutely amazing. And yes I hope it is very creepy in format!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

Well for a future series how about another miclone race like us who is expanding its empire.

We may be viewed as threat being a competition to their expansionism.

Where for the humans and Zentradi it is a matter of survival for the alien miclones it is to create an empire to rival that of the Protoculture's Stellar Republic.

With a one track mind that they should be the only children of the Protoculture.

When I was about eleven or twelve, I came up with a story where the crew of the SDF-3 (yes, I was watching Robotech at the time...) met a race of giants much larger than the Zentradi. The only bit I remember was one bit where Hikaru (yes, I knew that was his real name, even then), used his VF-1S to drive a N-Ger, which he then used to drive one of the really big giant's mecha.

Kind of the Russian Doll of mecha driving.

And it's only now, typing this out, that I realize how lame that was, and want to smack my preadolescent self for coming up with anything so stupid.

So yeah...whatever happens in the future of Macross, they better not have Hikaru driving a really big mecha in that manner. ^_^

When I was about eleven or twelve, I came up with a story where the crew of the SDF-3 (yes, I was watching Robotech at the time...) met a race of giants much larger than the Zentradi. The only bit I remember was one bit where Hikaru (yes, I knew that was his real name, even then), used his VF-1S to drive a N-Ger, which he then used to drive one of the really big giant's mecha.

Kind of the Russian Doll of mecha driving.

And it's only now, typing this out, that I realize how lame that was, and want to smack my preadolescent self for coming up with anything so stupid.

But dude, do you realize that Gurren Lagann stole your Russian Doll mecha piloting idea??!! sue Gainax, man, sue them!! :D

Well for a future series how about another miclone race like us who is expanding its empire.

We may be viewed as threat being a competition to their expansionism.

Where for the humans and Zentradi it is a matter of survival for the alien miclones it is to create an empire to rival that of the Protoculture's Stellar Republic.

With a one track mind that they should be the only children of the Protoculture.

Now I like this idea.

REALLY?

(I know, I know...I still haven't seen Gurren Lagann yet...it's been high on my list for a while now.)

DAMN! I'm a VISIONARY!! :p

now that Frontier's over, you really should watch it NOW.

(but wait, you have that month long macross marathon thingy come october 3. oh well. :p )

and yeah, you MUST be rolling in Yen right now from all the royalties Gainax gave you for the idea!!

wait, what?... nothing???