Will Yamato ever release the 1:1 Macross Helmet again

dafunguy

Macross Helmet  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Whould you want a 1:1 Macross Helmet?

• Yes, I want one and don't care about price
    • Yes, if the price was reasonable
    • Yes, if I can pick up chicks wearing it
    • No, too expensive for me
    • No, too geeky for me
    • No, it's not safe to wear on my bike

I really want one of these helmets. Do you think Yamato will ever release these 1:1 scale helmets again. They seem to re-issue everything else when it comes to Macross ... why not these. I wonder how many were produced and sold the first time. I believe they went for $1,500 - $2,000 US dollors. Does anyone know where to located any? There are lots of companies producing Star War helmets and other type of helmets (Halo) at a reasonable price, so why did Yamato charge so much? Why hasn't anyone reproduced one yet ... it can't be that hard?

machelmet1lt1.jpg

machelmet2fc1.jpg

If I actually had some way to use it on a daily basis - and assuming it is a real helment - I'd buy it sure.

But first I'd need to buy a motor bike.

And then Al Gore would have to come to Poland and hopefully bring Global Warming with him so that I wouldn't have to keep my Motorbike locked up for three quarters of the year....

On a related note - I have always dreamed of a Macross Designer fashion line. Bassara wife beaters, Hikaru V-neck Sweaters, and lots and lots of cute stuff for the girls of course :)

Why can't some high end fashion label get the license to Macross and give us all some decent decultia clothes?

Pete

wow, that helmet is really something, don't see it worth 1500-2000 when formula 1 replicas that are crash resistant go for about 500...

imagine the oversize box for this, hahaha!! still looks awesome, I'd heard of it but thought it was the one that Graham had wearing on his previews avatar and it didn't look quite right, hahaha (no offence G-man)

What a tease! Haha. Can't wait.

I won't be making it, but we (me the only one commisioning and the maker) want it to be a suprise. :D

Of course it will be available for all to have for their own at the reasonable set price. ;) I'm damn excited! TV first, DYRL? after.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

God I remember these, this was like ay back when yamato was releasing the arly 1/60s and the 1/48s were jut aout to come out.

They had Roy and hikarus helmet with the shoulder harnesses, and were limited to I believe 1,000 units and were sold out instantly.

I believe a few big wigs here on the boards have 'em for their collection.

If they re relreased them, i would be surprised as hell as theyre expensive as hell and they would just limit the units gain.

its like seeing the original bulkielee's lowviz valks, you know theyre out there, but ever actually getting one without your wallet feeling like it went to prison is slim to none.

If the helmet can fit on Hikaru's crazy head of hair, it should fit on any head. :lol: From this pic, it looks like it can fit an Asian head. This guy is ready for battle.

macrosswearsc0.jpg

they'd have to make it big enough for my asian head and make it a real motorcycle helmet and i'd buy one if price was reasonable

If it were just the helmet and priced around $300-450 range, I'd be interested if they got the Max blue right. I wouldn't want Apollo squadron's purple color. :p The Star Wars Master Replicas clonetrooper helmets went in that price range. And might I add that they had cushion support material inside the helmets so you could wear them.

Edited by Sumdumgai

Holy cow! Even Gentex doesn't charge that much for a real HGU-55P or HGU-56P flight helmet and those have integrated ICS and some impact protection.

Still, I'd probably get one if the price was right, and definitely get one of the Macross Plus style.

Don't forget Vinnie that Gentex is US Military supplier, when they make HGU series helmets, they make them by the thousands, keeps the price down. These are made from scratch, so a bit higher is price, not mention lower quantities, However $1500 a helmet is way over priced no matter what!! B))

To be honest I'd be more interested in the Macross Plus standard issue pilot helmet, like what Isamu and the cannon fodders were wearing. I couldn't care less for the YF-21 flight helmet, but the helmet that Isamu wears, I really like that design.

I'm also liking the SMS flight helmets, not as much as the Macross Plus helmet, but I like them a lot.

If it were just the helmet and priced around $300-450 range, I'd be interested if they got the Max blue right. I wouldn't want Apollo squadron's purple color. :p The Star Wars Master Replicas clonetrooper helmets went in that price range. And might I add that they had cushion support material inside the helmets so you could wear them.

Yes Star Wars fans are so lucky. Check out all the cool helmets they can get.

helmets1yr2.jpg

swheley6.jpg

Imagine a whole wall of Macross helmets if Macross was like SW merchandise.