Anyone seen this - English DYRL song?

sharkm

You can almost never get a japanese song to actually fit properly into english unless you make changes. Sometimes the lyrics just don't make any sense or form well when you try to sing it that way.

However that's a pretty good interpretation that has given me an idea of how I wanna do it for the movie...I'm gonna take the basis of it, and change some of the words so it isn't a word from word copy, this should work well.

from now on, we shall protect the macross ! XD

nice find, i wonder if that's a japanese voice...

Having had experience with what a native-english speaking Japanese girl sounds like (in both english and japanese) I've gotta say I really think it's most likely a white girl and not at all asian because of the pronunciation and the way she hits the notes... gah, this is hard to explain but it also has to do with her singing tone.

Having had experience with what a native-english speaking Japanese girl sounds like (in both english and japanese) I've gotta say I really think it's most likely a white girl and not at all asian because of the pronunciation and the way she hits the notes... gah, this is hard to explain but it also has to do with her singing tone.

Your right, its the nasal cavity

You can almost never get a japanese song to actually fit properly into english unless you make changes. Sometimes the lyrics just don't make any sense or form well when you try to sing it that way.

However that's a pretty good interpretation that has given me an idea of how I wanna do it for the movie...I'm gonna take the basis of it, and change some of the words so it isn't a word from word copy, this should work well.

I agreed, that is why I though it is a pretty go interpretation too.

Also, I love the nice little touch like makeing "I love you so" to "Ai shi de ru"

Get this young lady some digital recording equipment and a ticket to Hollywood!!!

Seriously, I have been watching Macross DYRL since I got a bootleg in 1984, I have 7 different CD's with this song & I have always heard it in Japanese. This is a 1st in English. I have to say even with some of the lyric changes, which worked out great, its a wonderful performance!! :)

Edited by 505thAirborne

That was not too bad at all. She's definitely white. You can tell from the sound of her voice. It's a give-away. Anyway, I rarely hear resung versions of any Japanese songs that are as good as this, let alone English remakes. Most of the time, the voice-recorder sucks, the audio is played off speakers in the background, and you can hear both instances of fuzz. Not so with this. Good job, whoever made this!

Very nice! I'd love to get a hold of an mp3 for this.

Yeah it was a pretty good interpretation.

However certain lyrics could use some work. "Do You Remember" was conspicuously absent and that I definitely missed. The line "...my hand in yours..." would have sounded better as "your hand in mine" as it worked better with the preceeding lyric.

I have to agree, if I could get an MP3 of her rendition of her song, it would definitely be a keeper! B))