Where do I get display bases for my Valkyries?

Horatio Positronic

Where do I find those 3 legged display stands that appear to work great with Valkyries? I already have 2 of the Yamato ones, but I'm not happy with the clips they use to attach the Valk to the stand.

Unfortunately my searches have come up blank because I don't know what they're called, and there are a lot of other kinds of stands on sites like HLJ.

Here's a quick and dirty image I made to better explain which ones I'm looking for.

post-7229-1222225345_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I got the first generation of the clear 3 prong stand. The photo attached is a 4" version. I've never trusted the smoothness of the ball joint. So tonight I figured I'd share a tip. Some of you may have great ideas, so please share them if you can.

I've taken an eraser and cut thin slabs. The first test cut is about 1.5mm in thickness. I then take the washers and use them like cookie cutters. 3mm thickness seem to work just fine. It's no guaranteed that the stands will be firmly secured, but the extra friction from the eraser tabs do help a lot.

Take the cut out tabs and place them in the center of the washer and then install the prongs etc. I hope this helps.

post-2303-1223791075_thumb.jpg

I got the first generation of the clear 3 prong stand. The photo attached is a 4" version. I've never trusted the smoothness of the ball joint.

I've got one of those - with the longer rods - holding up my massive, heavy UNIFIVE Gatchaman God Phoenix, and haven't had any problems with the rods slipping.

Well damn. Just woke up this morning and found my 1/48 armored valkyrie wrecked on my table. One of the prongs on the stand gave away. I've tightened it as much as possible, but I've stripped one by putting too much tourqe. Maybe I just got a bad batch. I have a 6" and 2" version still yet to be opened.

I've stripped one of those out before. I put Zap-a-Gap on the threads of the screw and set it back in the stripped out section to dry. The next day I carefully unscrewed it and reassembled the stand. It's held strong since then (over a year now). Plus, the Zap-a-Gap dries clear so you can't even tell it had been repaired.