MACROSS PERFECT MEMORY SECRETS...

Kronnang Dunn

Got it for $ 35 dls in mint condition... (Did I pay too much?) :mellow:

I thought it was a re-print at first, but it says 1983... ^_^

Man...

I discovered truly shocking early designs of both characters and mecha in it that I hadn't seen anywhere before... :blink:

Will scan and post in this thread A.S.A.P..... B))

post-7862-1222152916_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Thank Haruhi-sama that we didn't get that as a finished product.

I believe is a very very early concept test... Perhaps done during 1979 to propose the idea behind the series (looks more super-robot than anything)... B))

It doesn't look that bad for me, hehe... ^_^

Btw... Check out this Valkyrie prototype...

(A Core Fighter from Gundam?)

post-7862-1222156271_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

What the... the Macross turns into... Minmay?!!! :o

Nah... ^_^ It seems to me that it originally transformed/separated/split into those different robots in the image... B))

yeah looks like from gundam core fighter design hehe XD

but in fairness, the transformation action is somehow still the same - flip down of the plane mode to battroid mode XD

Also looks a lot like the SDF-1 Macross itself... :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

This stuff has been covered a bit before.

Notably here: http://www.ex.org/3.3/04-feature_macross1.html

Thanks for the link. That's some pretty interesting information... ^_^

Very cool find! Reminds me of Ralph McQuarrie's early art work for Star Wars..

Thanks... I believe these other valk prototypes were done by Kazutaka Miyatake... They are waaay smaller and look more like power armors. I see some similarity to his later battle suits from Uchu No Senshi/Starship Troopers (1988)...

post-7862-1222160353_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Uhm... none of this is big, shocking news (at least not for those of us that already have it). I suggest you stay away from the rough drawings and other brainstorming at the tail end of the book, simply because they are not cannon and the are usually very good reasons why they were altered, reworked or rejected.

Uhm... none of this is big, shocking news (at least not for those of us that already have it). I suggest you stay away from the rough drawings and other brainstorming at the tail end of the book, simply because they are not cannon and the are usually very good reasons why they were altered, reworked or rejected.

Actually I find them very fascinating and quite interesting... Since those rough drawings and other brainstorming show the whole creative process behind the original Macross... :rolleyes:

All that concept art is pure Macross history to me... :lol:

For example...

After watching these now I understand where the idea for the Zentradi/Human mall in Macross Frontier came from... ^_^

post-7862-1222164850_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Actually I find them very fascinating and quite interesting... Since those rough drawings and other brainstorming show the whole creative process behind the original Macross... :rolleyes:

For example...

After watching these now I understand where the idea for the Zentradi/Human mall in Macross Frontier came from... ^_^

Oh My Haruhi! It's Vrlitwhai out on a morning stroll!

Edited by RedWolf

Do you have Shoji Kawamori Macross Design Works, Kazutaka Miyatake Macross and Orguss Design Works, or Kawamori Shoji Design Works? All of those are dedicated specifically to the rough drawings, brainstorming and the whole creative process behind all of Macross up until M0.

Also, Theatrical Macross Special Preview also contains a couple of pages of the "missed" rough drawings from SDF:M. In addition to the SDF-2.

Do you have Shoji Kawamori Macross Design Works, Kazutaka Miyatake Macross and Orguss Design Works, or Kawamori Shoji Design Works? All of those are dedicated specifically to the rough drawings, brainstorming and the whole creative process behind all of Macross up until M0.

Also, Theatrical Macross Special Preview also contains a couple of pages of the "missed" rough drawings from SDF:M. In addition to the SDF-2.

Sadly no, but I think I saw a torrent of Kazutaka Miyatake Macross and Orguss Design Works. I'll see if I can download it later... <_<

Btw... Does anybody know who is this supposed to be? Boddole Zer? :huh:

post-7862-1222171926_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Short guy... Exsedol Folmo?

It IS Exsedol Folmo.

I kinda suspected that too, hehe... A bald Exsedol... Amazing!!! :blink:

Yes, the katakana says it's Exsedol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exsedol_Folmo .

You can use that katakana charts at Wikipedia to sound 'em out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana .

Thx for the info... Will come in handy. ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Zentradi are as good with the up keep of their teeth as they are with their ships...

The Supervision Army probably offered the better dental plan.

A Free market health insurance industry probably contributed to the fall of the Protoculture....

• 2 weeks later...

It's a joke. Half the text is referring to the rough coloured image of the Monster above, the other half says "drawn by Kawamori Shouji himself. The 3rd body Valkryie (VF-1S?). You can also use it in the "Combat Action" page(s).

I believe he's referring to Valkyrie Combat SectionPages 83-92. And it is a joke, considering the other joke images in that section (two VFs kissing, etc.).

It's a joke. Half the text is referring to the rough coloured image of the Monster above, the other half says "drawn by Kawamori Shouji himself. The 3rd body Valkryie (VF-1S?). You can also use it in the "Combat Action" page(s).

I believe he's referring to Valkyrie Combat SectionPages 83-92. And it is a joke, considering the other joke images in that section (two VFs kissing, etc.).

Joke or not, it looks very kewl to me, hehe... ^_^

Check this out, a VF-1J Valkyrie with internal missiles...!!!! :blink:

post-7862-1223198150_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

ok, that's a new one. can we see this?

Thanks for sharing! This is some crazy concept stuff I've never seen before.

You're welcome, hehe... ^_^

My real purpose for posting them is to show the history of the creative process behind Macross. I don't want to start any debate on canonity and stuff, hah... I'm just posting these images since I find them fascinating...

They clearly show all those exciting ideas the Studio Nue guys had during the development of the first series...

B))

ok, that's a new one. can we see this?

Will post it as as soon as I can... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn