Japan vs Hong Kong prices

Arkham

Hi guys

I was "away" for quite a few months...

I was hoping someone could help me with this... I checked some prices on HLJ, and they are about 33% more expensive than the ones you can find on ebay (mostly from ppl in Hong Kong)

Do they have some kind of BULK dealer on HKG?

thanks...

sl2

?

usually HK sellers mark up shipping high enough that when you add them they come up almost the same price as HLJ, if you are thorough you will find prices+shipping at least 10USD give or take a few bucks cheaper than HLJ...

if in the end prices are quite similar better go with HLJ since it's a highly trusted japanese store

i just got my version 2.0 1/60 vf 1s from an ebay hong kong seller. I spent 116 for it and got it about a 10 days after i paid for it. I dont know if i am allowed to give his info as i dont know the advertising policies of this forum (i am in no way affiliated with this person), however i would highly recommend looking on ebay for deals from high feedback members.

How about prices when you get it in any toy store(in general) in hong kong vs japan?

its msrp but just like any stores, they go on sale too. i was lucky i got my vf-0s for about $90 when i was in tokyo. also got a 1/60 super ostrich ostrich for $40 at a another store.

i would assume its the same thing in hong kong.

i just got my version 2.0 1/60 vf 1s from an ebay hong kong seller. I spent 116 for it and got it about a 10 days after i paid for it. I dont know if i am allowed to give his info as i dont know the advertising policies of this forum (i am in no way affiliated with this person), however i would highly recommend looking on ebay for deals from high feedback members.

is that the final price with shipping added??? cause damn that's a good price to get it... unless you're not in the US, nice purchase man! congrats!

Price in HK should be cheaper than HLJ. HLJ is selling them at the price with Japanese domestic tax included, you should usually get them for cheaper price.

Toys are produced in China, then distributed to Japan through HK. I got my valkyrie stand for USD30 and ver 2 1/60 VF-1S with fast pack for USD109.

yeah.

how much is the shipping/handling-cost to the US from HK-sellers for the yammies?

from the few times I saw hk-sellers on ebay, the valk-price itself is sweetly low but the shipping/handling to the US is quite astronomically expensive, making HLJ and BBTS seems like bargain-stores in comparison.

I would put it as follows:

If you are the type of person who buys ONE or TWO toys a month or every couple of months, then it MIGHT be worth your time to wade deep into the swamp that is ebay and pray that the HK dealer you happened to find is legit and that you will get the ONE or TWO items over a 1-2 month span that you desire with little hassel...and save your oh so precious 10 USD.

However

If you are a collector, and you buy LOTS of stuff, then you will actually save more buying from a reputable online dealer who offer tons of items with combined shipping available without biting your finger nails over whether you are dealing with a legit ebayer or not...

But then again - I'm biased ;) ...

Pete

Price in HK should be cheaper than HLJ. HLJ is selling them at the price with Japanese domestic tax included, you should usually get them for cheaper price.

Toys are produced in China, then distributed to Japan through HK. I got my valkyrie stand for USD30 and ver 2 1/60 VF-1S with fast pack for USD109.

HLJ only list MSRP price before tax, and most toys get shipped from China to Japan directly anyway.

The real reason HK price look cheaper is HLJ price is more expensive. Japan and HK domastic toy stores normally charge lower than the MSRP, unless the product is very popular. Examples from Japanese store that only sell to domastic:

http://www.amiami.com/shop/?vgForm=Product...mp;sku=GDS-6062

http://www.amiami.com/shop/?vgForm=Product...ku=TOY-RBT-0029

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/be-j/461797/80871...934327/#1006972

HLJ don't compete with the domastic stores and has a long history of good reputation, so they can get away with higher price.

Ok guys

I could really use your help here...

Im trying to start a thing.. (business type of thing ^^) and I need to buy those yammies, hopefully with bulk discount.... besides HLJ, what are my options?

should I give a try on those HK dealers (if someone knows any, of course)?

thanks!

?

Sellers in HK are wholesalers and i suppose some of them get the toys direct from the china factories rather than from Japan itself (rumour has it that they bribe factories for "unregistered stock" and that's how their toys are so cheap).

Toys in HK generally are cheaper if you buy them from the storefront....but if u buy it online, after exorbitant shipping elsewhere it comes to about the same.

Ok guys

I could really use your help here...

Im trying to start a thing.. (business type of thing ^^) and I need to buy those yammies, hopefully with bulk discount.... besides HLJ, what are my options?

should I give a try on those HK dealers (if someone knows any, of course)?

thanks!

?

As someone who has been running "a thing" for a year now, my advise to you is as follows:

Look for the most RELIABLE wholesaler you can; someone that is willing to work with you instead of just sending you invoices. Develop a good business relationship with that wholesaler.

Contrary to popular expectations, looking for a wholesaler based SOLELY on price differences is not a good strategy, unless you are lucky enough to first find a bank that will just give you a couple million dollars to play with as you start your "thing."

Pete