Gakken Mook Macross Frontier Official File

Save

Today when I went to pick up Chronicles issue 5 at Animate they also had a new book / magazine by Gakken called Macross Frontier Official File #1. It's in full color 56 pages with a fold out poster. The layout is similar to the Perfect Memory book, It covers up to episode 17 and features allot of art work that was in most of the anime magazines that covered Froniter like Newtype magazine. Cost is $630 yen it's a pretty high quality magazine same size of an issue of Chronicles, plus they have mail away points for free Frontier merchandise lottery system of course.

post-3328-1221813889_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1221813896_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1221813902_thumb.jpg

Edited by Save

Very interesting! I really wish, however, someone would just print a d4mn This is Animation styled book about the show - just like in the old days....

Edited by AcroRay

If you're big on characters, magazine art, and a story digest with colour pictures, it's a great book (magazine?). If you're looking for mecha pictures, and (especially) mecha statistics, look elsewhere.

Also has a list of famous lines/quoted dialogue from the first 17 episodes. Macross history (brief, and both in RL and in series), Q&A on Macross in general, Macross F single and album releases, songs per episode (which OP, ED and any songs played during), Macross series song history (1 to 3 of the major songs per each series), Macross Ace Frontier (VF-25, VF-72, VF-1 transformation, Strike VF-1S, YF-19, VF-19 Kai, AND which songs from which series included in the game), interview with Shoji Kawamori and Macross F goods (Bandai VF-25, straps, cards, Satelite keitai something or other site).

Official File 2 release date: 2008.11.07 (Friday), A4 size, 630 yen (tax included).

The magazine artwork looks positively beautiful. It's great to see that stuff without blocking out part to most of it. Though, all but one of them come from Animedia...

The magazine artwork looks positively beautiful. It's great to see that stuff without blocking out part to most of it. Though, all but one of them come from Animedia...

Did anyone see this at Kinokuniya bookstore? I'll try getting it next week, unless it takes a bit longer for it to get stateside.

Edited by Dervish

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok got the file now, it said Macross Quarter is 450M long.. is that a typo? (Since on anime it stated it is 400M)

It has never stated that it was 400m long. It said it was "equivalent to a 400m-class vessel". I've seen this in the liner notes and the official website. I don't know how people get that it was 400m.