So how good or bad is the banpresto valk???

akt_m

The only valk i have is the VF-1 from banpresto. How bad would you guys rate it compared to others??? Just to know... I'm not going to buy any expensive toy anyway.

Sorry to be the one to tell ya mate. But pretty much any transformable valk is better than that one. The more expensive ones are the way to go. If you look hard you can get a GREAT deal.

:ph34r:

Sorry to be the one to tell ya mate. But pretty much any transformable valk is better than that one. The more expensive ones are the way to go. If you look hard you can get a GREAT deal.

:ph34r:

Well... I couldn't expect less from a toy that costs almost the same as a dinner meal.

The banpresto valk is meh. I won't touch any toynami made stuff on general principle (and because they're badly done). I'm curious to see what Bandai will put out with the 1/100 line. Other than that there's no other small/cheap transforming valkyrie toys.

I like the look of them but remember when you try to touch it limbs may flop down, or limbs might fall off. (you need blutack to put inside to secure)

Just leave them in one pose, don't fiddle with them, and admire their simplicity.

The thing I like about them is they look skinny in robot mode. I like that skinny appearance (high posability) and wish many hasbro jets from the transformers made their robot modes looked like that.

I only own the non-fast packed ones.

Quality? lets just say you get what you pay for. But you know, if high quality versions of these little guys were made (without screwing around with the proportions of the shoulders like the toynami ones) I would end up collecting these.

But these banpresto valks are the cheapest valks around. (without look bad)

I wouldnt knock the Toynami 1/100. it is their first legitimate step towards an original product. they arent too shabby and lots of accessories. plus they are cheap. go get one.

True. I'd pick a Toynami 1/100 over a Banpresto any day of the week :D !

The Banpresto are super cheap crap and just kind of fall apart even standing there. Parts just pop off. The Toynami 1/100 is MUCH better. Even if you don't like Toynami, anyone who has handled them both has to admit the Banpresto is nowhere near as good as the Toynami one. Banpresto's Valkyrie suuuucks.

Of course the toynami shits all over the banpresto in terms of how it all holds together since it's a proper toy.

That's why I said if high quality versions of it were made I'd be interested in getting them.

For example imagine a VF-0 banpresto. Yes we'll probably be getting them from bandai now, but I wonder how much part swapping there will be? (like the yamato 1/100 that was going to come out but was cancelled?)

I hope the part swapping is just small stuff like the landing gear and stuff. I'm a big PT guy.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker