Macross Frontier Final Episode Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

392 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Anyone got a smoke...and some pants?)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (I waited 25 weeks just for this... crap?)

Anyone else notice this, just before Alto finish off Grace, Grace's facial expression was almost calm and appear to be happy ? Was she happy that she was about to be killed ? Also what happened to the other citizens of Galaxy ?

Maybe she knew she was going to be uploaded into another body at the Main Galaxy Island... <_<

That's one of my only gripes with the show, Galaxy was always in the shadows. We never really got to know them.

Wait until the movie is released... on February 2009 perhaps? B))

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Just an odd side note about Macross Frontier: Also referred to as Macross 25, The VF-25, it was the Macross 25th anniversary, 25 episodes long and it all ended on September 25th. just something that ran across my thoughts. :unsure:

Successful troll is a success.

The guy knows his stuff.

Okay... in order:

She made the V-type germs retreat into her inestines where they're harmless.

Who knows? Responsive to her songs?

Background effects.

See above.

Because of the earring.

Yes he is.

It's her getting connected to all the Vajra, connecting with inifinity if you will.

It was the queen.

No.

Mao nome.

He got arrested.

What do you mean happened? They're still there.

They stopped attacking because of Ranka's song.

See above.

To give a visual clue to whose commands they were following. Queen-connected Grace, or the singing.

Do you mean when she was cured? She was cured. During the singing? Stage effects.

Unknown.

Probably?

Some of the top brass from Galaxy.

Unknown. Perhaps some will be explained in the movie.

You need to ask? He's a Minmay fan extraordinaire. Probably one of the original Zents who had his life turned upside down by her song.

These are not the answers im looking for, most are you taking your best quess. Which is fine for a few points, since after all its a cartoon.. but this episode had way to many WTF moments with no clear reason how/why it happened.

Episode Review with some stuff not yet mentioned.

http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/2008/09/2...o-oto/#comments

importantly:

-Ranka explains to Alto that the Vajra also have feelings, but they don’t understand why we fight each other so much so they tried to rescue/kidnap her in order to understand humans. Thanks to hers and Sheryl’s songs, the Vajra have finally understood us.

and the lol one.

- Alto and Brera cooperate together (mmm fanservice!) and they both take out the Queen’s head where Grace is at. Thankfully, Brera explains that the Vajra think with their guts than their head, so the queen will be fine. Alto finishes Grace off using Micheal’s favourite gun.

:lol::lol::lol:

Now that I have an HD raw, yep, it's a animation hiccup. BF lost the gunship when BG hit it. It probably put up a PPB to block the main body but it definitely lost the gunship. So having it mysteriously reappear at the end means they gotta fix it on home video, if they fix it.

You know... The gunship... like its name implies... is a ship. Maybe the explosion just separated it from the Frontier but then it attached back to the Battle 25 by itself... :rolleyes:

WHO WAS SINGING!?!?!

Either Ranshe was asbsorbed into the Vajra conciousness (likely), or the Vajra use Ranshe from Ranka's memories to communicate with her. But either way, it's Ranshe's voice. You'll recall the same voice the first time the Vajra tried to conmunicate with Ranka when they captured her.

Bilrer wanted to see minmay !!!!!

I totally f*cking called that! BOMBA! I also called the landing on planet cohabitation with Vajra ending too. Very satisifying ending despite the lack of actual story closure. Why should we believe Grace is any more dead this time than she was the last, aside from no longer having Battle Galaxy to run home to.

Do we have a track list for OST2? Because I really really want that mantage mix, that was so f*cking great. Considering Kawamori has played the Minmay card with Bilner now, even if it was a picture from DYRL (meaning its more likely a movie poster than an actual picture of Minmay), I think we actually can look forward to an explanation of what happened to the Megaraod sometime in the future.

Overall, Frontier felt rushed in a lot of area's, but it works, and I enjoyed it. 7 remains my favorite though.

Edited by Keith

Don't know what to think maybe I need to wait for the subtitles. Seemed kinda of rushed. I guess I wanted Grace or Leon to give a "if you meddling kids only minded your own business my evil plans would have worked and here's why." I'm still scratching my head about what all the "villians" wanted.

Don't know what to think maybe I need to wait for the subtitles. Seemed kinda of rushed. I guess I wanted Grace or Leon to give a "if you meddling kids only minded your own business my evil plans would have worked and here's why." I'm still scratching my head about what all the "villians" wanted.

Plain old Galactic domination, Grace with her fold borg/cylon network, Leon using Frontier to build an army to dominate the galaxy with ships and weapons developed with fold quartz.

Either Ranshe was asbsorbed into the Vajra conciousness (likely), or the Vajra use Ranshe from Ranka's memories to communicate with her. But either way, it's Ranshe's voice. You'll recall the same voice the first time the Vajra tried to conmunicate with Ranka when they captured her.

Sakamoto is listed under the credits for the Nyanyan service medley, along with Nakajima and May'n.

Do we have a track list for OST2? Because I really really want that mantage mix, that was so f*cking great. Considering Kawamori has played the Minmay card with Bilner now, even if it was a picture from DYRL (meaning its more likely a movie poster than an actual picture of Minmay), I think we actually can look forward to an explanation of what happened to the Megaraod sometime in the future.

The medleu will be on OST 2.

I cracked up as Alto pulled Ranka out.. right at that moment, they threw in Sheryl singing a couple lines from "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" :lol:Also the salute Alto threw the two as he headed off was pure DYRL.

Alto was Saluting Sheryl, then she saluted him back in the next scene through the screen. Ranka didn't get the salute, hence why she didn't return the salute...

These are not the answers im looking for, most are you taking your best quess. Which is fine for a few points, since after all its a cartoon.. but this episode had way to many WTF moments with no clear reason how/why it happened.

VF-25 Messiah answered your questions pretty well, and rather diligently. you might want to do a bit of rewatching (ideally with subs) including some previous eps so it'll piece together. the changing colors thing, the meeting in fold space, galaxy-wide networking, etc... these popped up earlier or were used in a similar fashion in previous episodes, so should provide some explanations/background.

there are still some open questions but many of what you've mentioned aren't exactly WTF-types and can be discerned with some reruns.

-I don't think Grace is dead. That body she dropped in there wasn't real. And considering she could just download to a new one, I don't think this is the last we'll see of her in this franchise. She'll "grace" us with her presence again.

I'd think that she's actually a goner this time. With Galaxy disposed of, where would her consciousness be stored for the next "download"? An interesting tidbit that I had missed the first time on the low quality stream, and picked up on the HQ raw: there were several other figures in silhouette floating around Grace whilst in the network interface. I think that these must have been the other members of Galaxy Anonymous. I'd bet that their physical bodies were in the other cells surrounding the one that Grace was patched into.

-I think Alto deserves an award for most damaged VFs in a show.

I still think that Hikaru wins the award in the end. Hikaru totalled 4 valks during SDFM, and twice got limbs blown off of the valks he didn't manage to outright destroy :D

One small nitpick.

When the Grace-controlled Vajra were folding all over the Galaxy, I kinda wish we saw more locations. Such as....I dunno....Macross 7?

It was still pretty epic though, I was satisfied to see Earth and the Macross just as it was in Plus.

Still, I can't see why some people are so upset over the ending. It's still more conclusive than Zero.

Edited by ShizumaRobo

Heh. You were complaining about not getting the dialouge because of the japanese. But most of your questions have nothing to do with dialouge. The answers that are 'guesses' are how I interpret it based on how it was visually presented. And there was a lot of that going on.

well, at least we now know that Sheryl's true(st) hair color is the same as granny Mao - when she collapsed on the BF stage and was near death, her hair reverted to something similar to Mao's. when Ranka revived her, it came back to its' multi-spectral goodness.

perhaps this is the most important unanswered question of frontier - is sheryl's unusual hair coloring a product of her mixed human/bird-human blood or is it a holographic projection? (I am thinking the former) if Sheryl can possibly change her hair color at will, all I can say is hot diggity, cuz her hair in its' darker state makes her look downright exotic (it brings out the mayan in her lol)

Edited by Shaka_Z

His VF stopped between both Bridges. He saluted both. :rolleyes:

He was facing Sheryl's bridge or did you not notice? And if he was saluting both girls, why didn't Ranka acknowledge it? :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9IQu9UokJg

20 seconds in look at where the VF is facing. Even though he's inbetween both bridges, he's facing Frontier, not Quarter. Then look at when it flashes to Ranka's bridge and Sheryl is on the screen. Sheryl salutes, Ranka's just bobbing her head to her little dance routine.

Edited by JustinStrife

Who was singing?

The voice of Ranshe Mei, returned from the grave... Maaya Sakamoto was singing Aimo (I'd recognize that voice anywhere) and she was credited for part of the final medley.

I suppose the lack of a resolution in the love triangle was a cop out but it was a great episode, too much to take in in one sitting.

Oh yeah and why didn't they kill that little rat Leon, or at least space him or feed him to a vajra. It stinks that only Grace got killed.

Edited by Kai

One small nitpick.

When the Grace-controlled Vajra were folding all over the Galaxy, I kinda wish we saw more locations. Such as....I dunno....Macross 7?

It was still pretty epic though, I was satisfied to see Earth and the Macross just as it was in Plus.

Still, I can't see why some people are so upset over the ending. It's still more conclusive than Zero.

Hey at least get to see where Kaifun and Fire Bomber American lives.

This is convinient for me as I'm writing a Macross 7 crossover with NBSG. But that its just me.

The lack of resolution to the love triangle didn't bother me as much as the overall rushed feel of the episode. So much was resolved so fast you never could catch your breath. Ranka was saved in 20 seconds, Grace was defeated in 90 seconds, Galaxy was defeated in 60 seconds, everything was just wam bam thank you ma'am and done. The remix music was crap too. There was no flow at all, and the songs just clashed with each other.

Plenty of mecha-pron, but everything else was just crap.

He was facing Sheryl's bridge or did you not notice? And if he was saluting both girls, why didn't Ranka acknowledge it? :rolleyes:

Its facing exactly between both bridges. The valkyrie is looking straight ahead.

post-9073-1222410254_thumb.jpg

Ranka's not saluting, but her hand is stretched out to him during the shot where both acknowledge it.

But whatever.

The lack of resolution to the love triangle didn't bother me as much as the overall rushed feel of the episode. So much was resolved so fast you never could catch your breath. Ranka was saved in 20 seconds, Grace was defeated in 90 seconds, Galaxy was defeated in 60 seconds, everything was just wam bam thank you ma'am and done. The remix music was crap too. There was no flow at all, and the songs just clashed with each other.

Plenty of mecha-pron, but everything else was just crap.

Well, with only one episode left, what did you expect? A cliffhanger? Or a Tomino-style "kill-em-all" ending?

I do kinda agree with you on the music though.

Edited by ShizumaRobo

Its facing exactly between both bridges. The valkyrie is looking straight ahead.

post-9073-1222410254_thumb.jpg

Ranka's not saluting, but her hand is stretched out to him during the shot where both acknowledge it.

But whatever.

I'd be more inclined to believe so...

But the screen is on Ranka's right facing Battle Frontier. When the shot goes to Ranka the screen is behind her. Doesn't that mean she's facing away from BF and Alto?

Not to mention, Ranka looked away and continued singing when Alto came up, Sheryl stopped what she was doing. To me Ranka seemed oblivious of it all.

One more thing, we get a close-up view of Altos VF-25 from Sheryl's PoV, considering the size of the VF next to BF and Quarter... oh well.

Edited by twilighthack