Macross Frontier Final Episode Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

392 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Anyone got a smoke...and some pants?)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (I waited 25 weeks just for this... crap?)

A big thanks to those who pointed towards Youtube.... This is one I did not want to wait on... Till I see the subs, I will withhold ultimate judgment, but I am extremely happy with how this turned out. Especially considering the movie announcement. It was the promise of this series (and all of the info here on MW) that reinvigorated my interest in all things Macross. Time to go build some models....

-Adam

A big thanks to those who pointed towards Youtube.... This is one I did not want to wait on... Till I see the subs, I will withhold ultimate judgment, but I am extremely happy with how this turned out. Especially considering the movie announcement. It was the promise of this series (and all of the info here on MW) that reinvigorated my interest in all things Macross. Time to go build some models....

-Adam

What a Geek!!! , Just Kidding!! I am transforming my VF's as I write and listen to Lion :D

-Rewatched on youtube. I wonder what fleet was the 11th Immigration Fleet and will it or does it play any importance in the future.

-Ranka was wearing a space suit and carried to the Vajra queen's lair by Ai kun, but somehow she ended up on Battle Galaxy in a white frock? Hmmm. Probably Grace took her back when she reached the queen's lair.

-Ghost V-9!! OMG....a whole squadron of them!! Too bad we only seen like few seconds of them. I loved how they moved like the original Ghost X-9 with its erratic movements.

-Koenig Monster battroid mode....2 seconds screentime. Oh well.

- TOTSUGEKI LOVE HEART battle formation!! Ozma is certified Firebomber fanboy.

- EX-GEAR is too big for Klan. :lol:

- No Nene action. :( At least she survived.

- DOUBLE DAEDALUS ATTACKKKK!!!! Awesome!!

- Bilrer is not only a train otaku, he's also a pop idol otaku (aka Minmei).

- V-type infection can be controlled by Ranka, so it moves from the brain to the intestines granting Sheryl equal powers to Ranka.

- RANKA FOLD SLAP!! Epic! Slap returned to Sheryl few times fold.

Unanswered Questions:

- What happens to the vajra now? Will they take Ranka as their queen since they are queenless now?

- Bilrer? Will he have accomplished his objectives? And what's his relationship with Minmei? Is he just a fanboi?

- Its strange that Grace despite how well her plans were going , her plans failed in controlling the Vajra and she didn't forsee this. At which point exactly do you think her plan went downhill? Was it when she lost Ranka , or when Ranka healed Sheryl? You'd think Ranka being an important victory objective she'd be more heavily guarded.

There's more but i can't think of them now since i'm late to work. :lol:

Edited by wolfx

Its strange that Grace despite how well her plans were going , her plans failed in controlling the Vajra and she didn't forsee this. At which point exactly do you think her plan went downhill? Was it when she lost Ranka , or when Ranka healed Sheryl? You'd think Ranka being an important victory objective she'd be more heavily guarded.

She was destined to fail from the beginning, because she was going against the power of love. hahaha The message: even the most advanced human technology cannot defeat love and culture.

Exercising F5 button on Tokyo tosho now..... :lol:

Commencing.....

4khh13.gif

Cool, sounds awesome. I'm not all that into *too* much romance in my Mecha so harem ending doesn't bother me.

Animesuki on the other hand, is imploding. :lol:

The action sounds AWESOME thought, I can't wait till the RAWs are out.

And of course the reconciliation with the bugs was inevitable, I just hope NUNS keeps up on their weapon research in case they decide to get onry again.

:lol: They wanted to resolution to the triangle but they did'nt get it. I bet Random Curiosity is imploding as well. :lol:

I'll say BG blow BF gunship first, after that comes the Machida punch NMC Version xD

:ph34r:

NMC-sized Machida PUNCH FTW!!!! :lol:

WOW.... There was a scene in the last episode of E7 when Holland charged his brother's ship, that one scene filled me with such a rush. It is by far my favorite Mecha moment in the whole series. The last episode of frontier had me on that rush for nearly the entire episode. That's tough to do, I still think that moment when Shin and Nora were twisting it up in the last episode of Zero had more intensity than nearly any other Dogfight in the series but the Episode as a whole just blew the doors of everyone else.

I loved Alto's salute to SMS-007 as she went down. I guess words can't even express the thanks he had for that bird. But that's three fighters he burned through in this series, is that a record?

I think it is. IIRC, Hikaru only lost two birds in SDFM.

Best

Kakizaki death as of yet btw.

HE DIED, AGAIN? :o Hope it wasn't due to a barrier overload. :rolleyes:

BTW.....

WTF!!!! Nekid Grace ....... :lol:

http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/Macross/...0Large%2009.jpg

http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/Macross/...0Large%2035.jpg

http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/Macross/...0Large%2037.jpg

Edited by grss1982

Episode felt too rushed. This one will benefit from a DVD or movie version that adds in a few minutes here and there to have a few more pauses.

OVerall though, massive fighting and singing is good. Wish we had a little more exposition on the Nome connection though. I didn't feel like this resolved Zero whatsoever unless I missed something.

Important question:

Alto killed the main queen right? Does that mean the Vajra are going to have to start growing a new one or are they totally screwed in this part of the galaxy?

Well they hit the head not the stomach so their fine.

The greater question is where is Galaxy?

The NUN would consider them now a rogue colony.

Rebels to be hunted down.

Is Grace truly dead?

Well, it was a great episode and a fine close to the series. Plenty of great Macross moments and I definitely appreciated the fact that it took a lot of firepower (and a lot of love) to kick butt in the end :) Grace's death was certainly the highlight of the episode; I've been eagerly anticipating her demise for quite some time. I really like the way she was whacked; bullseye from Mikhail's old sniper gun pod, courtesy of Klan and Alto.

Well, the worst definitely has NOT come to pass and I'm certainly content with the ending to Macross Frontier. This is the Macross sequel we should have had. It was a helluva long wait, but now we have it and I'm content. Overall, it's certainly less than perfect and hasn't trumped SDF Macross. But what Macross Frontier has done is served up a solid dose of classic Macross the way I wanted it; the way in which Macross is done right.

Now onto the Chronicle and hopefully many more mecha goodies coming sooner rather than later.

DECULTURE!

:)

I expect that they finished the seires as a 25-episoder on the 25th of october for the sake of the 25th anniversary but we'll be having a movie and some ovas to cap-off macross frontier XD

many mysteries and some new mysteries just popped-out that it's open-ended on many things and very good for ovas and movies or a sequel series if they want one XD

Edited by shinkirou

Heh, a LOT of people on Random Curiosity are pissed about the harem ending. :rolleyes:

I for one, am personally comfortable with it. If they decide to resolve that in the movie, then good for them.

I'm sure either at the movie or an ova will definitely finish things that were started in episode 24 XD

the triangle is finally reunited and it's about time to finish what alto is about to say to Sheryl in ep 24 - through the ova or a movie for more money and merchandise selling XD

WOW.... There was a scene in the last episode of E7 when Holland charged his brother's ship, that one scene filled me with such a rush. It is by far my favorite Mecha moment in the whole series. The last episode of frontier had me on that rush for nearly the entire episode. That's tough to do, I still think that moment when Shin and Nora were twisting it up in the last episode of Zero had more intensity than nearly any other Dogfight in the series but the Episode as a whole just blew the doors of everyone else.

I loved Alto's salute to SMS-007 as she went down. I guess words can't even express the thanks he had for that bird. But that's three fighters he burned through in this series, is that a record?

See told you guys that Sheryl's earring bring bad luck to any VF Alto is piloting !

O... M.... G.

*falls over*

I don't think I've ever seen so many bricks of pure awesome being shat in such a short period of time. I seriously had to rewind and rewatch bits of it multiple times to catch what was going on, and check myself to be sure I was actually seeing what I thought I was seeing.

where to begin... (watches it again while typing to try to remember it all.. the Veoh raw is not bad, but I can't wait for a high quality one)

K, first off, that was the most awesome medley of Macross music I've ever heard. And I completely missed it at first lol.. I got through about 3 songs before it registered that the music had changed :blink: Now what I want is a complete version of Diamond Crevasse done at that tempo though.. heck, I want an extended edition.

The ghost fighters.. even without dialogue, it looked like Luca had programmed in his own AI system for the drones (System: Judah his screen said), probably to outwit the others.

The Macross 11 fleet didn't look quite like Frontier, it was the type that had buildings poking through the dome, plus I recognized a few Mac7 looking ships around it (was it the Einstein that was tetrahedron shaped?). The Islands did look more like Frontier's, but the ships didn't look as big.

OMG, Ranka fold-slaps Sheryl!

K, looking at the attack on Galaxy.. wow. Quarter used the ENTIRE CARRIER AS A PPB KNIFE. Looks like they used it to slash at the cannon arm of Battle Galaxy a bit, then they moved in close, and used the gun arm for a surgical strike to rip open the main hull.

I cracked up as Alto pulled Ranka out.. right at that moment, they threw in Sheryl singing a couple lines from "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" :lol: Also the salute Alto threw the two as he headed off was pure DYRL.

And I just realized.. the little gold streak spreading the idea for the vajra to disobey Grace was Ai-kun. He flashed by so fast, I had to freeze frame it to see what it was. First time I just thought it was a ship.

Looks like after the Quarter Daedalus attack (WIN!) the Galaxy's gun went all splodey, and Battle Frontier pulled a PPB punch on the torso.

When Alto and Brera came up on Grace, there were bunches of cruisers there btw..… I only caught two clearly, but there was a lot of cover fire coming from them.

Interesting music tidbit for those inclined: the chords of the DYRL theme and Lion are the same, at least for the ending bits of DYRL, and the chorus of Lion. Sheryl and Ranka were overlapping the two during the entire run toward Grace.

Ok, I'm probably not the only one, but the instant Klan handed Alto Michel's rifle, I started laughing, thinking, "no…... LOL ... you can't be serious..…" But they were. And all through my head, I couldn't stop the echoes, of "BOOOM!! HEADSHOT!!" :lol:

Interesting how they took out the head, and separated it.. probably not Bird-human related on purpose, but it made me think a sec.

As far as who was singing Aimo... I do think it was supposed to be the Vajra themselves, but it was sung the same as when Ranka saw the vision of her mother (same styling, notes slurred in the same places where Ranka pronounces them more clearly). How this'll ever be explained, I'll wait for eagerly. It may have been a memory of Ranshe herself singing it.

I'm positive the locket picture was of Minmay, and in her DYRL costume. Makes me think of two possibilities.. One, Bilrer may have actually been at the battle when she sang.. Or two (and this one will break my brain if it's true) Ranshe is his and Minmay's daughter. :blink: The bloodlines work, Ranka's 1/4 Zentraedi. How it could ever happen, I don't know, but there's nothing to disprove it that I know of, and it would explain his attachment to her. The SDF-2 may have been lost after their encounter, or Bilrer may be a survivor of whatever happened.

Phew. Just wow. Personally, I'm not too worried about the triangle. To be honest, I don't think it could've been resolved well without one of them sacrificing themselves to save the other, which wouldn't have worked as well as this did.

Now, the big question that remains… How did anyone ever actually learn Aimo?? The idea that it was a mating song between vajra swarms makes perfect sense for their reactions to Ranka.. but it still doesn't explain how it was discovered, unless they recorded it from vajra fold communications when they discovered them, and Ranka's singing it brought tons of them.

Still lots of open ends.. lets hope the movie brings some more answers. :)

But no doubt about it.. this episode was pure unadulterated Macross fanservice, and I wouldn't have it any other way. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

Ah, finally, they brought back the true Ghosts, not the washed up version that Frontier has been using.

Although I find it puzzling that Luca is apparently an idiot, not allowing his own Ghosts the same capability when it would've enabled him to do so much more.

As for Galaxy... poor Battle Galaxy. What did it ever do to deserve the mugging it got from Monster, Quarter, and then Frontier. Alas, we hardly ever even got to know ye... and the rest of the Galaxy fleet.

Hmmm, can't believe Sheryl got slapped... can't the poor girl just be left alone to die in peace? great, now not only has Alto conned Sheryl out of her inheritance (the ear rings), she is also humiliated by Ranka. (although may be not in front of Alto at least). It seems the Nome family is just getting a whole set of bad rap these days.... what else can possibly go wrong for them.

I wonder if I'm the only one who felt sorry that poor Grace got whacked... that was also most unfair.

Ok, I'm probably not the only one, but the instant Klan handed Alto Michel's rifle, I started laughing, thinking, "no…... LOL ... you can't be serious..…" But they were. And all through my head, I couldn't stop the echoes, of "BOOOM!! HEADSHOT!!" :lol:

The LOL moment is...

http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/Macross/...0Large%2010.jpg

How the hell she uses the EX gear xDDDDD

Yub Yub, Commander. *ROFL*

Sorry couldn't resist. ^_^ btw, major props to anyone who gets that reference.

Forget the ginormous shoulder pads, I wanna know how many times they had to wash and dry that uniform before it fit her. And don't give me the eva plug suit excuse. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal