Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

Is it just me, or does the Vajra queen look a lot like the Quebeley?

Well they already have mini-big zams.

Interesting you're seeing a Glaug in the red ones.

As for Grace and Galaxy Anonymous uniting the galaxy through the super dimensional network I think they don't know what they are playing at.

One of the instances that the Protoculture messed around with the super dimension was the Protodevlin coming to our universe.

You know what happened there.

Uniting every form of humanity is nice but there are still 2000+ Bodol fleets and the Supervision Army out there.

The Vajra is small fry compared to the numbers that they have.

Well they already have mini-big zams.

As for Grace and Galaxy Anonymous uniting the galaxy through the super dimensional network I think they don't know what they are playing at.

One of the instances that the Protoculture messed around with the super dimension was the Protodevlin coming to our universe.

You know what happened there.

Uniting every form of humanity is nice but there are still 2000+ Bodol fleets and the Supervision Army out there.

The Vajra is small fry compared to the numbers that they have.

Following this possibility, it is possible that Grace and Galaxy will eventually stumbled on the Protodevlin or something unknown even to them (along these lines) in episode 25 and end this series with an even bigger problem?

Baring that, and if Grace somehow succeeds with her fold implant plan...

"WE ARE GRACE. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE."

Following this possibility, it is possible that Grace and Galaxy will eventually stumbled on the Protodevlin or something unknown even to them (along these lines) in episode 25 and end this series with an even bigger problem?

Baring that, and if Grace somehow succeeds with her fold implant plan...

"WE ARE GRACE. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE."

how would Sarah feel if the ppl that killed her sister&her family showed up in front of her...she'd go postal and one of the thing that's lacking in Grace's capability is processing power...if Sarah is actually the Vajra queen, then she can use the millions of Vajra as networked processors while Grace is just a single entity...Grace&the other cyborgs from Macross Galaxy don't act as a collective...while they talk to each other, they're very singular in their thinking...also what if Ranshe and Mao is already in the Vajra collective&just waiting for Grace to show up so that they can give her a piece of their mind...

how would Sarah feel if the ppl that killed her sister&her family showed up in front of her...she'd go postal and one of the thing that's lacking in Grace's capability is processing power...if Sarah is actually the Vajra queen, then she can use the millions of Vajra as networked processors while Grace is just a single entity...Grace&the other cyborgs from Macross Galaxy don't act as a collective...while they talk to each other, they're very singular in their thinking...also what if Ranshe and Mao is already in the Vajra collective&just waiting for Grace to show up so that they can give her a piece of their mind...

All very good points and I also considered those possibilities, but to be bluntly honest I couldn't resist. :lol:

The V-virus is in the blood stream, and Grace didn't want anybody figuring out Sheryl was infected. Also, Sheryl's fever and weakness was caused by the pills. Once she stopped taking them, she got better, but started to faint because of the virus.

Which is kinda moot cause they found out about Sheryl's condition eventually. And delaying the knowledge wouldn't have helped anyone anyway.

Episode 23:

q23snapshot200809211445gp9.th.jpgthpix.gif

Episode 24:

q24snapshot200809211446be3.th.jpgthpix.gif

So uhmmm how many Vajra Queens are actually in existence? OR are these two different? Maybe above is Queen and the lower one is Super Queen?

The 1st pic is the one on the Global, that kidnapped Ranka and then destroyed. So I guess its not the same. As there is a hierachy on the vajra network, there might be other queens but there is one "mother queen" on the root node which Grace is after.

Crashing yours Sheryl has the rarre Alpha Bombay blood type the same blood type as the Protoculture Birdman and the Nome sisters.

Realy? I must have mist that part. Do you remember the episode it was said?

How about this wild nightmare. Grace gave Sheryls the earings like the letter said. Does that make Grace Sheryl's mother? "I am your mother. Noooo"

Never mind. Not even Grace is so cold that she would try to kill her own kid on Galia 4 after that Sheryl was no longer needed for her plan. The timing is wrong to. Grace and Sheryl didn't meet until after 117th fleet was destroyed according to records and Grace.

I don't have read the latest posts yet, so forgive me if others have already written similar arguements :)

Thanks for missing the point. :rolleyes: I was talking about Galaxy underneath the projection. And Galaxy linked to Grace is speculation.

It isn't. The episode 15 showed clearly Grace talking to "Anonymous" while being blown up and before being reinserted in a body. She had already realized the implant network with Fold Quartzes.

As of now, I think the projection is just a projection, and what you think are turrets were simply Vajra.

Then why the removal of the blood sample? Was it so recycle-bot will clean it in the recycling systems and through some lack of sanitation cause infection to the populace of Frontier? :lol:

Mitigate effects or cause effect? Klan clearly says the side effects of the pills...and Sheryl has them all. Are the side effects done by the pill or the virus? :wacko:

Every medication can cause several side effects. Have you never read instruction sheets?

The reason why Grace switched the blood sample is actually unknown, but it made her look more nasty B))

If I were to say something, I would say that Grace switched the blood sample to keep Sheryl hospitalized longer.

Did Grace have another Fairy ?

If there was a Fairy-9 there could have easily been a Fairy-10. Galaxy was prepared to go on even without the Little Queen from the start. Anyway, Ranka was still second priority, just that the top priority was having Vajra and Frontier fight as planned. Knowing that Ranka was in the nest, it was obvious the nest would have survived (that was the objective), and thus Ranka could be rescued even later. The dialogue states that Ranka is expendable, but not without a trace of importance.

The anime calls it a virus so I'll continue to as well.

No, the last time it was called a bacterium :p I would like to know in which episode it was called a virus. Before being called bacterium it was "infectious disease" and "v-type infection".

The point is how Ranshe got it.

They have Vajra in glass containers, maybe she performed autopsies.

Anyway, I don't know what kind of story you would like to get from this thing. Maybe an episode where Ranshe is doing things that could have get her infected but by miraculous chance they don't, until the last minute when she cut her finger while cooking, and we get humanized Vajra bacteria high-fiving each other :rolleyes:

It's like asking where the sun went when it's night :rolleyes: Things happen even when you don't see them.

Virus choose their hosts. They don't just infect every donkey, monkey and cat on the planet and have different effects on each animal.(though some have resistance to it) Even for BSE, the effects of the disease in the cow are similar to the human host, that they both become mad and suffer from dementia due to degeneration of the brain. So the mad hydra angle is a mystery. And why Leon and Grace set up the island to have a mad V-type hydra on the loose which ultimately ended with the whole Hydra species on Frontier to be culled. Why? Again, we don't know.

Virus don't choose because they don't have brains, they just survive in the most fitting environment.

Frontier had hydras even before knowing about Vajra. The mad Hydra wasn't set up at all.

Frankly, since Hydras and the Vajra bacterium don't exist in reality there is no "mystery" in how they work, they just work how the author explains them.

(The contradiction in fact is why Sheryl isn't experimenting dementia, not why we had a mad Hydra :ph34r:)

Also part of Grace's elusive original plan....to use Frontier as a Vajra nest because of it being a bioplant. She was also destoying nests in wrecked ships possibly for purposes of hiding evidence? Why? Again we don't know.

Nowhere Grace said she was using Frontier as a nest.

Destroying nests was another action to make her look nasty B))

At the time she wasn't cooperating with Leon yet, so keeping Frontier obscure of things isn't an unreasonable act.

FV

I think the recap episode mentions several "Fairy" candidates, of which Sheryl wasn't even the first. Besides, if anyone with a progressive V-type infection can potentially be the queen, then all she'd need to do is hold a pagent, & infect someone more aggresively than she did Sheryl.

As for Grace swapping out blood samples, it could be becasue of the virus, but more likely, she wanted to hide Sheryl's relation to Ranka/Mao. Hell at this point who knows, maybe Grace is Ranshe's sister, and is actually Sheryl's mother. Any number of possabilities exist at this point.

The recap episode only said that Sheryl was Fairy nr 9 or rather get rid of Fairy nr 9. Based on that every one assumed there were others. We don't know how far the others got. They could have tested 10-20 subject at the same time and Fairy nr 9 (Sheryl) was the only one that got succeeded. Or Grace could have decided that Sheryl was the best of the bunch and killed the other Fairies since they were not needed. Grace sure did (TRY) that after she discovered that Ranka was alive.

The reason for swapping out blood samples was that Sheryl could still be cured if it hadn't reached her brain. Told to Sheryl by Leon and Luca (I think it was episode 22).

You are right that we have no ide how things are without DNA tests.

Edited by panpo98

Realy? I must have mist that part. Do you remember the episode it was said?

How about this wild nightmare. Grace gave Sheryls the earings like the letter said. Does that make Grace Sheryl's mother? "I am your mother. Noooo"

Never mind. Not even Grace is so cold that she would try to kill her own kid on Galia 4 after that Sheryl was no longer needed for her plan. The timing is wrong to. Grace and Sheryl didn't meet until after 117th fleet was destroyed according to records and Grace.

First listed in the magazine profile of Sheryl. Also mentioned I think in her blog.

The Compendium lists her blood type as Alpha Bombay.

The baby with Mao's daughter is obviously Sheryl as with the little tuft of blond hair on her head.

It is likely that Sheryl was born on Macross Galaxy then after some time she lost her parents.

Possibly due to Grace. As a possible irony Grace used Sheryl whom the blood of the Birdman resides. Remember Mao had a blood transfussion.

As for Grace saying that Ranshe and Mao's blood will slaughter each other I think Grace is thinking of annihilating what is left of the Protoculture before they do the extermination protocols they have for aggressive miclone races.

Nothing says an aggressive like turning the galaxy into collective slaves with bio weapons.

It is likely that Sheryl was born on Macross Galaxy then after some time she lost her parents.

I just want to ask because I've been avoiding the takbacks for spoilers; do we have any info on HOW/WHY sheryl's parents are dead and she was infected?

I just want to ask because I've been avoiding the takbacks for spoilers; do we have any info on HOW/WHY sheryl's parents are dead and she was infected?

what happen to her parents? no idea.

how she was infected? probably Grace as Michel and Klan found her photo as part of the files concerning Grace's research.

It's an error, her blood type is just "Alpha" according to a picture posted here.

FV

Alpha what?

You do realize that Bombay is a phenotype, right?

As for why Sheryl's parents are dead we can safely say that Grace and Galaxy had something to do with it.

A conspiracy involving an entire fleet would not be without dissenting opinion.

As Wilder said either you join or they destroy you.

It would indicate why there are no Zentradi in Galaxy main ship they would be the first to go against this.

Alpha what?

You do realize that Bombay is a phenotype, right?

As for why Sheryl's parents are dead we can safely say that Grace and Galaxy had something to do with it.

A conspiracy involving an entire fleet would not be without dissenting opinion.

As Wilder said either you join or they destroy you.

It would indicate why there are no Zentradi in Galaxy main ship they would be the first to go against this.

there are no giant Zentradi, it was never mention there were none at all...

in that case Earth is in the conspiracy cause they ban giant Zentradi decades ago.

It isn't. The episode 15 showed clearly Grace talking to "Anonymous" while being blown up and before being reinserted in a body. She had already realized the implant network with Fold Quartzes.

Urmmm...we already know that. But that doesn't make Grace connected to Galaxy as if she's controlling it if that's what you're suggesting.

Every medication can cause several side effects. Have you never read instruction sheets?

What's the point of eating a medicine that's supposed to subside headaches if it causes headaches as a side effect as well? :unsure:

The reason why Grace switched the blood sample is actually unknown, but it made her look more nasty B))

If I were to say something, I would say that Grace switched the blood sample to keep Sheryl hospitalized longer.

That would help her how? Just admit its a plot hole for now if it was never revealed in ep25.

If there was a Fairy-9 there could have easily been a Fairy-10. Galaxy was prepared to go on even without the Little Queen from the start. Anyway, Ranka was still second priority, just that the top priority was having Vajra and Frontier fight as planned. Knowing that Ranka was in the nest, it was obvious the nest would have survived (that was the objective), and thus Ranka could be rescued even later. The dialogue states that Ranka is expendable, but not without a trace of importance.

And hence my argument that Grace's original plan was a plot hole. The plan would've happened even without Sheryl NOR Ranka. YOUR argument was that she already factored them in the plan in the 1st place and she knew about Ranka as Little Queen even before she reached Gallia which I've proven she has not. So there is two plans. Plan A....kill sheryl and destroy Gallia 4. Not sure why. Plan B, sheryl survived, no big deal.... I found Little Queen.

No, the last time it was called a bacterium :p I would like to know in which episode it was called a virus. Before being called bacterium it was "infectious disease" and "v-type infection".

Ok they were called Bacteria. :p

Non important.

They have Vajra in glass containers, maybe she performed autopsies.

Anyway, I don't know what kind of story you would like to get from this thing. Maybe an episode where Ranshe is doing things that could have get her infected but by miraculous chance they don't, until the last minute when she cut her finger while cooking, and we get humanized Vajra bacteria high-fiving each other :rolleyes:

It's like asking where the sun went when it's night :rolleyes: Things happen even when you don't see them.

Because the way she gets infected might lean heavily to the plot? :rolleyes: V-type infection supposedly does not infect humans after all.

Virus don't choose because they don't have brains, they just survive in the most fitting environment.

Frontier had hydras even before knowing about Vajra. The mad Hydra wasn't set up at all.

Episode 10. Conversation between not-Grace and Leon. The Hydras were set up to be infected by not-Grace.

Frankly, since Hydras and the Vajra bacterium don't exist in reality there is no "mystery" in how they work, they just work how the author explains them.

(The contradiction in fact is why Sheryl isn't experimenting dementia, not why we had a mad Hydra :ph34r:)

The only madness caused by V-type infection is the Hydras. As far as we know, Ranshe, Sheryl, Ranka and even the Vajra are not mad. Thus the Hydra's behaviour are an anomaly and a plot hole.

Nowhere Grace said she was using Frontier as a nest.

Destroying nests was another action to make her look nasty B))

At the time she wasn't cooperating with Leon yet, so keeping Frontier obscure of things isn't an unreasonable act.

FV

Uhhh....nasty how? And why? :rolleyes:

She did mention that Frontier as a bioplant fleet is perfect for her plans (Plan A) or something. Can't remember which ep. Then later in the show we see Vajra popping from underground. And also asking Brera to protect Frontier as it sinking now will not help her in her plans.

Duh... Am I wrong or the song I heard Ranka sing during the main battle between Frontier and the Vajra was the same I heard in DYRL? :rolleyes::lol:

Besides... We can always have these guys to back me up...

DYRL ZENTRADI ARMOR DESIGNS... (Some from the TV show too...) :rolleyes:

Well I agree with Kronnang (yes, I was just as shocked too... :p ).

With the liner notes in the first OST, the spectre that SDFM may be relegated to a TV series with in the universe has been revealed to the masses. Whether that becomes official, we don't know (from a business point of view it is the only Macross that is not solely owned by BigWest thus could never be marketed internationally without Tatsunoko's involvement).

The reaction of the Vajra to Ai Oboetimasu Ka (a song with apparent PC origins according to DYRL) is very clear, they were motivated to fight more with that song than Aimo.

This series, as did Zero, has retconned some parts of the universe as well as revealed new items. Similarly to how Mac 7 did back in '94.

Does Kawamori / BigWest have the right to change their minds about what exactly constitutes the story of SW1?

Yes.

Have they?

Maybe...

Interesting facts from Frontier that support the notion that DYRL may in someway have historical relevance to SW-1.

- The DYRL type of body armor worn by the Zentreadi

- Ai Oboetimasu Ka being aggressivley reacted to by the Vajra

- The bumpy headed Mr.Bilar similar to the character designs of DYRL (first seen in Mac 7)

Are a few examples of the "changes" we've seen.

Keep in mind that a month ago many were adamant that no SDF's were built after the Macross and that proved to be incorrect.

Now these are in no way proof that SDFM is no longer historical canon, however it does raise the question if it will continue to be in the future.

I don't understand why Ranka's song will help the Vajra now when in the past it confused them? Also it reminds of of Sara and the birdman last episode of M:Zero.

before she was outside the network but was able to tap into it, her singing cause confusion as she interrupted the signals or altered them.

now she is part of the network being used to increase the combat efficiency of the vajra.

Episode 23:

q23snapshot200809211445gp9.th.jpgthpix.gif

Episode 24:

q24snapshot200809211446be3.th.jpgthpix.gif

So uhmmm how many Vajra Queens are actually in existence? OR are these two different? Maybe above is Queen and the lower one is Super Queen?

Well... I do see several differences. First, the Queen from Episodes 13 and 14 was green. This one seems to be greyish white with green and red in its head. It also seems to me that the spiral structure plus its belt is an extension of this Super Queen itself. Perhaps the whole belt is a more advanced stage on Vajra evolution. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes from the Vajra mothership...

Vajra Super Queen = Vajra Empress?

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I don't understand why Ranka's song will help the Vajra now when in the past it confused them? Also it reminds of of Sara and the birdman last episode of M:Zero.

In the past Ranka was disrupting their communication lines. Remember they don't have brains. Ranka is called little queen by Grace. Indicating Ranka has the same organization ability as a Vajra queen.

Like pirating a signal.

Now Ranka is part of the collective and Grace is using her.

In the past Ranka was disrupting their communication lines. Remember they don't have brains. Ranka is called little queen by Grace. Indicating Ranka has the same organization ability as a Vajra queen.

Like pirating a signal.

Now Ranka is part of the collective and Grace is using her.

What I still don't understand is what Grace wants to do with her? Kill her to extract the Queen node from her? Or simply copy the technology behind it to make her (Grace) the new Queen node? :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

What I still don't understand is what Grace wants to do with her? Kill her to extract the Queen node from her? Or simply copy the technology behind it to make her (Grace) the new Queen node? :ph34r:

In ep 24 Grace already said that she needs her to interpret the vajra network so through her, the Vajra can be controlled by Grace which in turn leads her safe passage to the queen.

Personally, I can't tell the difference at all between the new and old shots of the queen.. They're different colors yes, but I'd guess probably from different types of lighting and shading. Other than that, and a bit more detail in the newest shots, I see no difference at all. If you look at the contour lines, and the little spiky greeblies, the individual surface details also line up pretty much identically.

I'd guess this queen is only the main control node since she'd integrated into the entire planet/ring network thing. No reason that same type of node couldn't be integrated into smaller networking groups. Like, you can have multiple computers all running on the same processor type, but they all rely on the network's main server for coordination.

In ep 24 Grace already said that she needs her to interpret the vajra network so through her, the Vajra can be controlled by Grace which in turn leads her safe passage to the queen.

And the Vajra Queen? What does Grace wants with it? Why did she got near it? Is it her ultimate objective?

I'm starting to get vibes of retcon here...

Perhaps the Birdman from Zero will be shown to have been an interpretation of an actual VAJRA QUEEN that fell into Earth long ago!!!! (Which could be the one in the spiral/belt). :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

And the Queen? What does Grace wants with it? Why did she got near her? Is she her ultimate objective?

I'm starting to get vibes of retcon here...

Perhaps the Birdman from Zero will be shown to have been an interpretation of an actual VAJRA QUEEN!!!! (Which could be the one in the spiral/belt). :blink:

Yes. Though not said yet, i'm quite sure the Queen resides on the top hierachy of the vajra network, shown as the Root Node on the Quarter. If Grace has this, everyone connected to the network, implanted human and vajra alike, will be subservient to her.

And from macross zero....sigh...i hope there's something bout Shin/Sara but doubt it.

I am beginning to believe Sheryl's earrings are harbingers of bad lucks, Alto's VF-25F was destroyed when Alto was having the first earning and now his VF-171 EX was destroyed when he had the second earring ! If you see Sheryl's earrings don't pick them up ! :)

Edited by vanpang

I had a horrible, horrible, horrible thought (that is, if you're an Alto-hater... ^_^ ):

What if the triangle motif of the opening (and the series) expands beyond a love triangle?

We have Ranka and Sheryl, both singers. I suspect you could call them "actors", too.

We have Alto, who was a Kabuki actor. But beyond use as a vague plot device to explain the chasm between Alto and his father this was never really expanded upon, yet keeps coming back. Could it be that Alto (with Sheryl's earring) gets the last act? Literally?

It would give him the honors and fully redeem him with his father, and might be considered a culture shock...

Although I would not be surprised either if there was a second season coming up, considering how well they have been able to hide the plot from fans...

Which is kinda moot cause they found out about Sheryl's condition eventually. And delaying the knowledge wouldn't have helped anyone anyway.

Actually, it's been stated that the V-type disease is curable at any stage before it infects the brain. So keeping anyone from finding out until Sheryl reached that stage would have been very useful... for somebody. Not sure how it'd be useful for Grace, once she had Ranka. But then that's about when Grace kicked Sheryl to the curb, isn't it?

Or she might have just been vindictive, and really wanted Sheryl dead.

Edited by DeeBot

The only madness caused by V-type infection is the Hydras. As far as we know, Ranshe, Sheryl, Ranka and even the Vajra are not mad. Thus the Hydra's behaviour are an anomaly and a plot hole.

Vajra and humans are pretty different from hydras. Hydras are beasts who act on instinct; they're not intelligent. Individual Vajra aren't intelligent at all (or are they?). Humans are intelligent. If you've got V-type germs trying to take over the nervous system of an unthinking but individualistic creature, perhaps it just goes crazy.

There's something to note, though. The crazy hydra has red eyes. The vicious Vajra also have red eyes. Maybe Sheryl's going to get red eyes now, too, seeing as how Alto "died" and that's going to drive her insane? And then do something murderous... like kill Leon. ;)

Anyway, the madness stage seems to require that the disease advance to a fairly late stage. It probably advances faster in hydra because of the simpler nervous system, and it's probably nearly instantaneous in normal Vajra. Ranshe and Sheryl were shown at just the "oooh my tummy hurts" stage, and Ranka's a special case, as was stressed in the last few episodes. (Besides, maybe she's a little mad, too. :))

Wait a minute... Michel was stabbed by a Vajra... in the guts! And there were lots of bodily fluids spraying around! Michel might still be alive, in a the-Vajra-turned-me-into-a-zombie-of-the-collective sort of way!

But... will Klan still love him?!?

Edited by DeeBot

There's something to note, though. The crazy hydra has red eyes. The vicious Vajra also have red eyes. Maybe Sheryl's going to get red eyes now, too, seeing as how Alto "died" and that's going to drive her insane?

I think Ranka's eyes look red while she sings "Ai Oboete Imasu ka?" in "hologram" form.

Urmmm...we already know that. But that doesn't make Grace connected to Galaxy as if she's controlling it if that's what you're suggesting.

I wasn't suggesting that. Maybe it's poor use of English on my side, I used "connection" here as in "wireless connection", that is transmission of data in the implant network.

What's the point of eating a medicine that's supposed to subside headaches if it causes headaches as a side effect as well? :unsure:

This is an improper example that doesn't reflect the original situation. And anyway, with medications this kind of things is actually possible :ph34r:

That would help her how? Just admit its a plot hole for now if it was never revealed in ep25.

When Grace switched blood samples it was ep. 15. Developments happened.

And hence my argument that Grace's original plan was a plot hole. The plan would've happened even without Sheryl NOR Ranka. YOUR argument was that she already factored them in the plan in the 1st place and she knew about Ranka as Little Queen even before she reached Gallia which I've proven she has not. So there is two plans. Plan A....kill sheryl and destroy Gallia 4. Not sure why. Plan B, sheryl survived, no big deal.... I found Little Queen.

I think before ep. 14 Ranka was simply believed to be just another girl with a v-type infection, although someone suspected otherwise. Operation Carnival originally wasn't supposed to employ a Little Queen, just a Fairy. The codename Fairy-9 implies there were at least other 8 Fairies. Since it takes just a girl with a v-type infection, it's no big deal.

What they would be able to do with a Fairy was not explained, but essentially though the main purpose of a Fairy appears to be the parsing of Vajra comunications.

The last episode should bring some further revelations though. Grace admitted she understood the secret of the Little Queen only in episode 19, but it wasn't explained what it was.

Because the way she gets infected might lean heavily to the plot? :rolleyes: V-type infection supposedly does not infect humans after all.

When was this stated? Because if this kind of infection never happened, how came we had medication for it?

Episode 10. Conversation between not-Grace and Leon. The Hydras were set up to be infected by not-Grace.

I was planning on reviewing Frontier after the series ends to catch all these details that won't be noticed much on first vision. This discussion forces me to examine the series throughly. This is the dialogue:

Grace: This is the data we have regarding the Vajra and the Valkyrie.

Leon: What do you want in exchange?

Leon: I see.

Leon: I can't promise anything until you guarantee me the validity of the information I've received.

Grace: You brought a Hydra, a creature from Eden, in with this ship, didn't you?

Leon: What about it?

Grace: You will eventually find out...

Grace: How dreadful the Vajra really are...

So it seems Grace infected Hydras (or the infection was supposed to happen on its own) to prove the validity of the information she gave to Leon.

Uhm... now that I think about it maybe Hydras were infected because they were fed on Vajra larvae :ph34r:

My counter arguement is that an infective disease of the brain should cause signs of deterioration in brain functions (even changes of personality), and in the Hydra this happened. That it didn't happen in Ranshe and Sheryl (Ranka is a special case) is not a plot hole, is poetic license ^_^

And the Vajra cannot be mad because the bacterium infects only their intestine, as explained in the series. It seems Vajra don't even need a brain.

Uhhh....nasty how? And why? :rolleyes:

Well, it has more to do with opposing our heroes than actually destroying nests ^_^

She did mention that Frontier as a bioplant fleet is perfect for her plans (Plan A) or something. Can't remember which ep. Then later in the show we see Vajra popping from underground. And also asking Brera to protect Frontier as it sinking now will not help her in her plans.

It was episode 15.

After a preliminary 18-month research study, the 25th Fleet, popularly known as Macross Frontier, was chosen as the operational subject and was scheduled as the location of the Tour's closing performance. The main reason was its status as a bioplant fleet vulnerable to environmental fluctuations.

Why there were a lot of Vajra larvae was not explained. If there is a plot hole, it's this one.

Grace asked Brera to protect Frontier because at the time the alliance with Leon had still some purpose. That Leon tried to kill her in the next episode proves that he wasn't impressed ^_^

FV

Perhaps the Birdman from Zero will be shown to have been an interpretation of an actual VAJRA QUEEN that fell into Earth long ago!!!! (Which could be the one in the spiral/belt). :blink:

Which wouldn't make much sense, and would relegate Zero to some alternate timeline.

I am beginning to believe Sheryl's earrings are harbingers of bad lucks, Alto's VF-25F was destroyed when Alto was having the first earning and now his VF-171 EX was destroyed when he had the second earring ! If you see Sheryl's earrings don't pick them up ! :)

His mecha were destroyed, but he survived. It's a double edge :lol:

FV