Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

Just noticed that Alto's NUNS call sign was Sagittarius-1.

So it looks like Sagittarius WILL be late! (cue rimshot...) :lol:

And did anyone else get Sara Nome vibes when they saw Ranka chained up? I honestly thought she'd start pointing to Valkyries and say "kadun."

Doesn't the "real queen" in the centre resembles something like an APHOS? Perhaps a "female" version? In M0, after producing offprings with Roy Kamu, "she" returned to the stars. Does it ring any bells? :huh:

You mean Roy Waka?

Well given the legend had Tanabata, Orihime, Kaguya-hime and Tennyo vibes I'm much more inclined to speculate Roy Waka was a Protoculture.

A minor nit-pick - When Ozma was shown in 11 years ago flash back, he should be flying something older, not VF-171. It was only 2048, a few years after Macross 7 & VF-X time and before the VF-X2 time.

And I don't think Alto is now a ghost on the net. Otherwise he would take over Grace's body to rescue Ranka, and then tell her - "My final dream has come true! Now I finally have a woman's body!". :lol:

snapshot20080919193136gl0.th.jpg

Looks as though Ranka crushed Alto. Wish it were true LOL...

Out of curiosity, the VF-171EX has flares, right?

So perhaps the explosions were just Alto dropping flares and jettisoning/detonating his weapons?

Which would be fitting for an actor faking his death... ^_^

(I haven't watched the ep yet, so I don't know whether any wreckage is shown...)

Out of curiosity, the VF-171EX has flares, right?

So perhaps the explosions were just Alto dropping flares and jettisoning/detonating his weapons?

Which would be fitting for an actor faking his death... ^_^

(I haven't watched the ep yet, so I don't know whether any wreckage is shown...)

I don't remember seeing any wreckage. It is kind of odd that his explosion is like how it is though.

She's also been taken off the respirator, which has to be a good sign. Unless Luca just murdered her before he kissed her. Violence is love!

Luca: "If i couldn't have her, no one shall!!" :blink:

Or maybe City One desperately needs to channel all oxygen to the shelters, so they removed the respirators. :wacko::p

Well, yes, but wouldn't it be "R.I.P." not "R.I.P"? Notice the lack of the final dot. I don't think those two "dots" in the middle are periods at all, they're just the bottom serifs on the "I." Otherwise, it would be more like, "R.T.P" and that doesn't make any sense; note that it's drawn in by hand in block letters, rather roughly. I'm pretty sure it's just a sound effect, no death flag hints.

Trust me, I would have loved if it were true (maybe she dies of heartbreak in the first seconds of episode 25! how angsty!), but an impartial analysis leads me to believe that the bottom serif on the "I" is just rather thin.

alot of times we dont place the last dot for abbreviated words.

aww ok awwright. maybe Sheryl's not gonna die ok? :D just maybe. LOL... i'm surprised if the RIP is true - a huge spoiler... lets WAFO next week...

maybe its a new song name, or the name of her new stage outfit designed by Nana-chan ^_^ j/k. What's RTP? yeah maybe its Trip which corresponds to that zent farm pic beside it.

What was that comment about everyone looking better in this episode? :lol: I have to hand it to them, though, they managed to make Leon even uglier than usual.

twisted and evil. even though he's 100% human. B)) That maniacal laugh I thought i was watching Hellsing... hahah

Keeping in mind that everyone on Galaxy already has implants (except Sheryl, apparently), perhaps they're under mind control. Note we don't see anyone on the ship's crew.

Heck, wouldn't it be weird if everyone on Galaxy had gone "beyond" the need for physical bodies, and there's nothing inside that ship except computer cores and spare bodies for when they need to get up and walk about, or greet company?

Well if they are already part of the network, it'd make a lot of sense not to use a physical body since its a waste of resources.

What was the title of that anime where personalities get downloaded into mecha?

Edited by Shun

I was shocked. The second half of the episode was pure culture shock. I had no ide how the Zentradi felt until Ranka started. Deffinently reminds me of Macross 1 DYRL, Macross 2 and the first Macross series battle with Boldolsaa's fleet. Even after reading spoilers and predicting that it would be like this it was still shocking seeing that they went so far. Frontier is now the bad guys.

Frontier seemed to be as chocked as I was that the Varja (or rather Grace blaming it on the Varja) did that against us (Frontier). Felt like seeing Macross 1 DYRL with the story told from the Zentradi side and realizing that we are losing the same way we won in DYRL. I could feel people on Frontier thinking "How dare enemy use that song against us" after they tried to overcome the initial shock.

Frontier is still fighting for its existence and the ten million civilians who will die unless the Vajra are stopped. Frontier has been set up and manipulated at every turn, they're not merrily committing genocide for the sake of orders but survival. Its a different set of circumstances than the Zentradi had who were 'just following orders'. Most people don't even consider the Vajra sentient, just mindless monsters. Yes, this is supposed to be a sort of reverse DYRL but calling Frontier and not GALAXY the bad guys is pushing things too far. Frontier has done nothing but defend itself from the first Vajra raid if you recall, and was hunted down when it tried to run away.

snapshot20080919192033zy1.th.jpg

Top of the right page: Ranka sitting on missile

snapshot20080920005115cb2.th.jpg

Top left: is that another nose art?

Also, it reminds me - we haven't seen the Monster in Battroid mode <_<

snapshot20080920004935dp0.th.jpg

The picture of Sheryl in concert just below Ranka's signature - its beautiful! IIRC this was not in the anime right?

Anyone has a bigger pic?

Frontier is still fighting for its existence and the ten million civilians who will die unless the Vajra are stopped. Frontier has been set up and manipulated at every turn, they're not merrily committing genocide for the sake of orders but survival. Its a different set of circumstances than the Zentradi had who were 'just following orders'. Most people don't even consider the Vajra sentient, just mindless monsters. Yes, this is supposed to be a sort of reverse DYRL but calling Frontier and not GALAXY the bad guys is pushing things too far. Frontier has done nothing but defend itself from the first Vajra raid if you recall, and was hunted down when it tried to run away.

Based on what I've seen, I must say that I agree with you 100% on this. This is in fact, at its core, no different from the clone wars in Star Wars, where both sides (Republic and Separatist) were manipulated into a war to pave the way for the Emperor Palpatine.

Yes, I've been aware of what 0 lag communications implant network does and aims to achieve since the last episode, when Grace was arguing with Ranshe. This is in fact no different from what RFID and internal comm implants (both of which are already technically possible today) can potentially achieve as their capabilities evolved. Both Frontier and Vajra, unwittingly led into paving the way for Grace's new empire.

EMPRESS GRACE O' CONNOR. She shall rule the world with her fold quartz fist.

Join the Grace side, or you will all pay with your lack of vision! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! (Maniacal Grace laughter)

Based on what I've seen, I must say that I agree with you 100% on this. This is in fact, at its core, no different from the clone wars in Star Wars, where both sides (Republic and Separatist) were manipulated into a war to pave the way for the Emperor Palpatine.

Yes, I've been aware of what 0 lag communications implant network does and aims to achieve since the last episode, when Grace was arguing with Ranshe. This is in fact no different from what RFID and internal comm implants (both of which are already technically possible today) can potentially achieve as their capabilities evolved. Both Frontier and Vajra, unwittingly led into paving the way for Grace's new empire.

EMPRESS GRACE O' CONNOR. She shall rule the world with her fold quartz fist.

Join the Grace side, or you will all pay with your lack of vision! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! (Maniacal Grace laughter)

Exactly, Ranka was manipulated. Grace deliberately chose this song against Sheryl. She said "no better song can fit this situation."

Super Ostrich

purple mecha = battle galaxy.

The dulfim is red, and not purple enough.

Unless of course, the Dulfim can transform.

The RIP thing in the photo album may be someone who *isnt* Sheryl. I was thinking someone else. Like Ranka's mother or Sheryl's mother.

I also suspect that Alto did fake his own death.

The idea about Alto reentering the vajra planet's atmosphere is ridiculous.

He would burn and die.

I am fully supportive of Luca kissing Nanase.

He is very well aware that he will probably die and wanted to do so without regretting never having acted on his actions.

Shinji wasn't jerking off because he was marching off most likely to his death, so let's not draw those parallels.

I do think that Alto is picked up by the M:Quarter.

Best,

RF-26 AAC

purple mecha = battle galaxy.

That's my opinion, too. Here's a better picture.

There are so many subplots and characters still to explore that I think only one episode won't be enough to satisfy my need to know a whole lot more about the Macross universe. I really hope that in 2009 we get some new TV series/OVA!

post-6533-1221846274_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nexx Stalker

A minor nit-pick - When Ozma was shown in 11 years ago flash back, he should be flying something older, not VF-171. It was only 2048, a few years after Macross 7 & VF-X time and before the VF-X2 time.

And I don't think Alto is now a ghost on the net. Otherwise he would take over Grace's body to rescue Ranka, and then tell her - "My final dream has come true! Now I finally have a woman's body!". :lol:

It looks like a TRIIP to me... whatever it means you guys are just over analyzing

You know, I don't even think Alto is in the cockpit at the point he is shot. He flies behind the wrecked ship, Klan takes on Harmonica, and then we see Alto's 117 fly back into the picture with no shot of Alto in the cockpit (come on, we ALWAYS get a shot of the pilots in the cockpit, yelling and being all gar and stuff), it gets shot (still no shot of Alto reacting), and it flies up and away and blows up.

Forget him bailing after he's shot, dude wasn't even in the 117 when it get nailed.

I agree, he should have been aboard a UN VF17, unless the New UN Spacy was created that year (2048) and only to designate colonial fleets units. This particular could make VFX2 non canon (I hope so, I never liked the idea of having to reference a videogame to know the complete history of a series).

You know, I don't even think Alto is in the cockpit at the point he is shot. He flies behind the wrecked ship, Klan takes on Harmonica, and then we see Alto's 117 fly back into the picture with no shot of Alto in the cockpit (come on, we ALWAYS get a shot of the pilots in the cockpit, yelling and being all gar and stuff), it gets shot (still no shot of Alto reacting), and it flies up and away and blows up.

Forget him bailing after he's shot, dude wasn't even in the 117 when it get nailed.

I believe he ejected, but not before the shot, after all the Battle frontier control would have known he abandoned his fighter, and they said that Sagittarius-1 (his call name) was hit. Also abandoning your fighter at the middle of battle? kinda odd.

Edited by RichterX

I believe he ejected, but not before the shot, after all the Battle frontier control would have known he abandoned his fighter, and they said that Sagittarius-1 (his call name) was hit. Also abandoning your fighter at the middle of battle? kinda odd.

He saw that brief flash of Ranka "crucified", and you know his (personal) mission was to get in there and save her. This is much easier to do if Brera and Grace think he's dead. My guess is he wasn't even in the cockpit.

I agree, he should have been aboard a UN VF17, unless the New UN Spacy was created that year (2048) and only to designate colonial fleets units. This particular could make VFX2 non canon (I hope so, I never liked the idea of having to reference a videogame to know the complete history of a series).

Who knows maybe General Galaxy unlike Shinsei Industry who just pitching their lone VF-19 variants, General Galaxy wanted to give its customers a diversified choice in its product line.

Want the super high spec VF-22 and VF-22S Strumvogel II?

No?

How about the reliable VF-17?

Not grunt enough?

Well then here's our latest the VF-171 cheaper than a VF-17 and much more user friendly.

He saw that brief flash of Ranka "crucified", and you know his (personal) mission was to get in there and save her. This is much easier to do if Brera and Grace think he's dead. My guess is he wasn't even in the cockpit.

Yes, he is pulling the greatest kabuki ever. Even his father is admired, when he said "Alto, is this your dance?" :D

Super Ostrich

I rewatch the scene, and there is a considerable amount of time between he getting hit first time, the fighter going around the carrier and Klan's help. it is also odd that he didn't fire when coming back from going around the carrier. Still the only thing we can be sure is that he ain't dead.

I rewatch the scene, and there is a considerable amount of time between he getting hit first time, the fighter going around the carrier and Klan's help. it is also odd that he didn't fire when coming back from going around the carrier. Still the only thing we can be sure is that he ain't dead.

He's also got his EX-gear (it's called VF-171EX for a reason...) so he's far from helpless if he abandons the craft. And he's going to be piloting a VF-25 the last episode. It will happen.

@Magnuskn

I felt you were wrong in perceiving racism from the cyborgs. And you are :p It's just good old world domination, in galactic scale :lol:

@Togo

I use the word "connection" in a vague sense. It could be that the Vajra are another kind of AFOS, or a creation of Protoculture. That said, my choice of words meant that although I could believe it, I don't think it likely ;)

@Morpheus

Not necessarily Ozma knew Grace even thought they were in the same fleet. They had even a Macross with them, so the population could have reached even ten of thousands.

@wolfx

The giant Vajra hugging the space station could have been a blooper :rolleyes: If it was possible for a Vajra to be that large, though, that would explain where Vajra battleships come from: evolution from red Vajra. The yellow Vajra's head resembles the queen's instead, so maybe the yellow is female and the red one is male :lol:

FV

Same thing can be said for Frontier and Sheryl as well. By this point the only ones not being manipulated for sure is the Quarter and Grace herself.

Well actually, Grace herself may be being manipulated by the Galaxy executive even as we speak... she's crazy, right? She might be too focused on her final goal to realize that her bosses are preparing to stab her in the back. I'm sorta rooting for Grace, if it comes to that. :)

So that really would just leave Quarter, then.