Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

Ah, what an episode. Love it.

btw, is it just wrong to be cheering on the Varja hammering the Frontier fleet? I think that I'm conditioned to respond favorably to the side that's "Ai oboete" is being sung by. That and the impressive firepower let loose by the red varjas. "Crush those puny humans!"

Great homage with the live action photobook sequence for the next episode previews as well.

Can't wait for the next episode, you just know the Macross Quarter is spoiling for a fight.

Just realized...

we actually do get to see the Battle 25 transform, if just a little... no focus on it at all and seems it only goes to half-point... and hard to make out on a non HD-raw, need HD raw now! :ph34r: ... anyway I'm such a slowpoke. :wacko:

You can see it transforming aswell during a scene with Ranka in the queens mind.

lol terminator Grace. Killed by her own hubris :lol: and because we all love crazy, off the wall predictions, Alto and Micheal roll in with style in VF-19s, proving once and for all that the character shield is the hardest known substance in the universe.

I saw no VF-19s the entire episode.

At 11:35, is that the same ship from VF-X????

btw, is it just wrong to be cheering on the Varja hammering the Frontier fleet? I think that I'm conditioned to respond favorably to the side that's "Ai oboete" is being sung by. That and the impressive firepower let loose by the red varjas. "Crush those puny humans!"

you know I can't lie I felt the exact same way LOL and while I felt wrong it did just feel like when you have that song backing you up then you MUST be the good guys X_X

Here's my attempt:

that's life (kikameki?) /

alto's dream /

sheryl's thoughts /

ranka's dreams /

sora wo kake (something about the sky) /

next time, "anata no oto"

Instead of dreams, it's 'Ranka's song will fly/leap through the sky.' Something similar. Good good cliffhanger. It ended with me having a nonchalant taste to it, but this more or less proves that the last episode will be astounding.

Who wants to take a bet that sheryl's earring will make Alto transmit his sound to Ranka and wake her up? :)

Edited by shan

lol terminator Grace. Killed by her own hubris :lol: and because we all love crazy, off the wall predictions, Alto and Micheal roll in with style in VF-19s, proving once and for all that the character shield is the hardest known substance in the universe.

if only....

also, with alto blowed up, they open up the possiblility of an EVA style ending (just a bunch of introspective babble run over a clip show. just the first thing I thought)

this sucks waiting for subs...

I am....haunted by that version of Dyrl ...almost the same sharon made me feel during the final showdown on plus .needless to say I didnt like it, but I think thats the point of it the soing of a lifeless slave. I really liked the vocalization though gives the rigth mood.

that being said why am I weirded out by the idea that just shot down alto with the purpose of bringing back niju go for the final part-also note that the scene in triangular op with gigant ranka became....true-wow all this time I tougth it was gonna be symboliuc

SOMEONE SAVE SHERYL! also We are due for some revenge on Leon and Grace c'mon....I don't want it to last 5 seconds.....

Edited by Wing alpha

meh there is absolutely

No way that alto bought the farm - I am 100% positive that when he looped around that wreck while klan was distracting brera he went EVA in his ex-gear, and piloted the 117ex remotely from there. brilliant move on his part I must say, as he is now mobile, but a much smaller target... odds are nobody will even bother looking for a hostile target that small in the midst of that fight, so he should be able to sneak behind the vajra lines undetected.

interesting that in conjunction with sheryl's earring he was able to link to the fold network before brera interrupted him... he had better bring that earring back!

I was really looking forward to the song that Sheryl would be singing....

but I'm disappointed they reused the same animation from the first ep and just gave Sheryl a recolor. It's just a bit too obvious since they use the same sequences in the opening too

-_-

In watching one of the raws, the strike from Brera went through the wing of Alto's plane. The passenger area looked like it was intact. What isn't clear is what happend when Alto's plane spiraled towards "Ranka-holo." When he had gone through it earlier, he was in some other dimensional container or something. It's possible that the plane we saw blew up no longer had Alto in it, setting up a Ranka/Alto encounter in the hive consciousness.

What I think is good about the blown up plane is that it pushes Sheryl's buttons. She's currently losing the "song duel" and so it's possible this will push her over hte edge and allow us to have a song duet.

Hm. can't wait for the translations. There's a lot of plot being explained in the beginning ...

And geez, the shippers are going to go nuts this ep. Lots of shipping.

And oh my stars and mirrors! Ahahaha.

The mirror in Lion appears in this episode

:D

Edited by s-girl

I was really looking forward to the song that Sheryl would be singing....

but I'm disappointed they reused the same animation from the first ep and just gave Sheryl a recolor. It's just a bit too obvious since they use the same sequences in the opening too

-_-

In watching one of the raws, the strike from Brera went through the wing of Alto's plane. The passenger area looked like it was intact. What isn't clear is what happend when Alto's plane spiraled towards "Ranka-holo." When he had gone through it earlier, he was in some other dimensional container or something. It's possible that the plane we saw blew up no longer had Alto in it, setting up a Ranka/Alto encounter in the hive consciousness.

That's more likely it. The scene that we were shown today will turn out to be not the entire scene and they'll elaborate it next episode. I also expected Yousei to be sung but was also disappointed. Sheryl might sing it next time or never.

Uh... I only watch Horrible raw up to the point when Frontier arrives Vajra home planet. But I believe Quarter sent warning to NUN government, presuming the Earth, about sinister Grace's plan that Capt. Wilber just realized. And it seems that Grace want to eliminate men kind because Ranshe sabotage her research.

Remember the fake spoiler saying Earth will send reinforcement? It may be true after all... :ph34r:

Super Ostrich

Uh... I only watch Horrible raw up to the point when Frontier arrives Vajra home planet. But I believe Quarter sent warning to NUN government, presuming the Earth, about sinister Grace's plan that Capt. Wilber just realized. And it seems that Grace want to eliminate men kind because Ranshe sabotage her research.

Remember the fake spoiler saying Earth will send reinforcement? It may be true after all... :ph34r:

Super Ostrich

wilber? who's wilber?

Super Ostrich

Well not directly from Earth.

Ohgatwhai or Macross 7?

Super Ostrich

Earth wouldn't send reinforcements, they're too stuck up to really care. They would rather sacrifice frontier than do something about it. They remind me of the government from Gundam F91.

It has nothing to do with Earth being stuck up, it has everything to do with the survival of the human race, and that means abandoning fleets when they get over their heads.

Think about it, Earth is a superfortress sending out colony fleets as essentially back up hard drives to prevent extinction. Sure, fleets may be lost, but some will succeed, while Earth grows ever stronger.

It's perfectly logical. It's the same as governments sacrificing unimportant cities to protect key ones. It's ruthless, but hey, no one said war was fair.

Earth would probably send help if asked; the Frontier council didn't seem to think that Earth would turn down their request if they abandoned their colonization efforts and requested rescue.

I don't think we'll see Earth intervene, though. First, it smacks of a deus ex machina: The characters can't save themselves, they need to call out to an unseen third party back on the home world, who's had absolutely no development at all, to come rescue them. Lame.

Second, there's no way that Earth could intervene now that Frontier's already committed itself to the fight. All they would be able to do is come and pick over the debris field, and maybe finish wiping out the Vajra.

By the way, I'm not sure how much attention people have been paying to the radar displays and the like in the background, but Sheryl's song plus the fold jamming seems to give the NUNS forces an initial edge, but then Ranka comes right back, the Vajra reform their defensive lines, and the Frontier battle plan starts to disintegrate. Also, it seems Luca is monitoring Ranka's fold waves overwhelming Sheryl's attempts to jam them, and her voice is basically completed muted by Ranka's overpowering song. I'd love to find out what they're saying, as well as in the first 10 minutes of the episode, when SMS is pouring over the Global wreckage...

Also, Luca's drones actually manage to kill something this time. Hurrah. :)

Also, someone mentioned they thought Alto's dad was on the bridge of Battle Frontier. On re-watching, it's pretty clear he's watching the launch on a video screen from inside a shelter, probably on Island One. Presumably, all the civilians (or maybe just famous ones) are being allowed to follow the battle preparations in real time, even as they hide themselves in defensive structures.

Edited by DeeBot

Earth would probably send help if asked; the Frontier council didn't seem to think that Earth would turn down their request if they abandoned their colonization efforts and requested rescue.

I don't think we'll see Earth intervene, though. First, it smacks of a deus ex machina: The characters can't save themselves, they need to call out to an unseen third party back on the home world, who's had absolutely no development at all, to come rescue them. Lame.

Second, there's no way that Earth could intervene now that Frontier's already committed itself to the fight. All they would be able to do is come and pick over the debris field, and maybe finish wiping out the Vajra.

Fight the Vajra? No.

Taking out Leon and the Galaxy conspirators, Yes.

I'm sure once all the evidence is gathered by Macross Quarter they'll send it to the nearest fleet.

Which is likely Macross 7, the Varauta colony and Chlore's Meltran fleet.

The 33rd Marine fleet may have survived. Ohgatwhai wasn't around when Grace DE Galia 4.

If Klan's flash back narration is correct they had more than one ship.

Edited by RedWolf

Hell, it'd probably take a full day just to get a message to them.

In M7 looked as if they were talking real time...

I'm dying to watch this, but I still haven't seen any torrents out yet. :unsure:

I guess Horrible Raws is a no show this week too....

Those Japanese commercials are fun to watch.

Yeah i agree!

Edited by akt_m

I agree and concede that's the easiest answer to it. But still... kinda bugs me and throws the plot a little out for me.

Hell, if Aimo is supposed to be a Vajra song, even the birdman version would have fit better, in my opinion.

Still, an awesome episode. Enjoyed it a lot, was fricking screaming since the action began. I really wish the last episode gets extended air time, like... dunno, 45-50 mins? We really need that extended time to get a fully-fleshed ending with no loose ends.

Any reference of it? Kinda remember something along that, but could a mess of my memory. :)

Seriously guys... Did any of you actually watch

DYRL? Ai Oboete imasuka was supposed to be an ancient Protoculture song... I'm not surprised that was Queen Ranka's song of choice since is obvious so far that the Vajra are related to the Birdman which itself was connected to the Protoculture

... :rolleyes:

Btw... EPIC episode... Can't wait for the final one... :lol:

Seriously guys... Did any of you actually watch

DYRL? Ai Oboete imasuka was supposed to be an ancient Protoculture song... I'm not surprised that was Queen Ranka's song of choice since is obvious so far that the Vajra are related to the Birdman which itself was connected to the Protoculture

... :rolleyes:

Btw... EPIC episode... Can't wait for the final one... :lol:

And turns out the Vajra was their Guvavas and Cappys.

Anyone else think Alto with earring looks like he'd have made a good female character?

GO to the character appreciation thread. Hehehe.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=659313

By the way, I'm not sure how much attention people have been paying to the radar displays and the like in the background, but Sheryl's song plus the fold jamming seems to give the NUNS forces an initial edge, but then Ranka comes right back, the Vajra reform their defensive lines, and the Frontier battle plan starts to disintegrate. Also, it seems Luca is monitoring Ranka's fold waves overwhelming Sheryl's attempts to jam them, and her voice is basically completed muted by Ranka's overpowering song. I'd love to find out what they're saying, as well as in the first 10 minutes of the episode, when SMS is pouring over the Global wreckage...

Also, Luca's drones actually manage to kill something this time. Hurrah. :)

Also, someone mentioned they thought Alto's dad was on the bridge of Battle Frontier. On re-watching, it's pretty clear he's watching the launch on a video screen from inside a shelter, probably on Island One. Presumably, all the civilians (or maybe just famous ones) are being allowed to follow the battle preparations in real time, even as they hide themselves in defensive structures.

In the bridge the captain was saying "The song isn't effective?" in reference to Sheryl's singing. Ranka's singing reorganised the Vajra defense, it wasn't jamming sheryl's song. Which brings the question, Sheryl giving Alto the ear ring was "bawww" sentimental but doesn't she already know that its the ear ring that amplifies her already small fold waves? By giving Alto the ear rings, her song pretty much became ineffective.

A rough translation of what was spoken on the bridge of the Quarter (someone else do a better job :lol). They realised that Grace wants to intergrate humanity into the fold network. What she needs from the vajra queen is the "root node" of the fold network which all fold nodes connect to effectively making her supreme ruler/God who has power over everyone connected to it. Captain Wilder realises that Vajra do not want to fight humanity. (i think that's what he said) Canaria says there is a key for this to be realised, for communication. Ozma ends with "Ranka". Whoever that can do a bettter job of the scene please do.

Alto's dad on the bridge....my wrong. I watched it in streaming version so i kinda missed the location where he was at. He was in an evacuation bunker.