Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

Ok just finished watching ....... OMG!!! That was one awsome episode.

Amazingly nice looking, as in well animated. Wow the "Alto scene" was kind off really cool. I haven't given up my hopes for a SherylxAlto ending yet

:p

Edited by whispo

Pretty simple,

the woman in the picture was not Mao's daughter, but daughter-in-law.

Just a guess, I could be wrong here.

Works for me. Not like we'll probably get a definite answer, anyway; there's surely not enough running time left to cover minor plot points like this. Heck, I'm gratified they got to it at all.

Works for me. Not like we'll probably get a definite answer, anyway; there's surely not enough running time left to cover minor plot points like this. Heck, I'm gratified they got to it at all.

It'll be clarified in some publication at some point, I assume. Alot of what we know of the Macross universe came to us that way.

Given Bilrer saying that he'll finally meet up with somebody.

Shery'll being Mao's grandaugther and Alto inside the fold network when he was fried I think Bilrer could very well be Ranka's and perhaps Sheryl's grandpa. Grandma being Mao.

But Sheryl is the granddaughter of Mao. Simple really Mao had two daughters. Ranshe taking after her Aunt Sara's looks more while the other taking Mao. Sheryl looking like her Aunt Ranshe while Ranka inherited the looks of her aunt and Grandma Mao.

WAIT!...

Why would Ranka sing "Ai Oboeteimasuka?" and WHY would it work at all?

Isn't it supposed to be just a song which is part of a soundtrack for a fictional in-universe movie?????? I mean, considering this, even "Ai wa nagareru" should work as well. :huh:

Or is there something I don't know that tells us that there was indeed an original & ancient Protoculture song that was "updated" for the movie?

I'm confused :blink:

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

WAIT!...

Isn't it supposed to be just a song which is part of a soundtrack for a fictional in-universe movie?????? I mean, considering this, even "Ai wa nagareru" should work as well. :huh:

Or is there something I don't know that tells us that there was indeed an original & ancient Protoculture song that was "updated" for the movie?

I'm confused :blink:

Hint:

any song would've worked.

WAIT!...

I'm confused :wink:

I think somebody said that Ai Oboeteimasuka was the last song of Minmay before Megaroad 1 disappeared.

Edited by RedWolf

I think they just used that song because they like it so much. Plus, its pretty famous in their universe.

I agree and concede that's the easiest answer to it. But still... kinda bugs me and throws the plot a little out for me.

Hell, if Aimo is supposed to be a Vajra song, even the birdman version would have fit better, in my opinion.

Still, an awesome episode. Enjoyed it a lot, was fricking screaming since the action began. I really wish the last episode gets extended air time, like... dunno, 45-50 mins? We really need that extended time to get a fully-fleshed ending with no loose ends.

I think somebody said that Ai Oboeteimasuka was the last song of Minmay before Megaroad 1 disappeared.

Any reference of it? Kinda remember something along that, but could a mess of my memory. :)

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

Still, an awesome episode. Enjoyed it a lot, was fricking screaming since the action began. I really wish the last episode gets extended air time, like... dunno, 45-50 mins? We really need that extended time to get a fully-fleshed ending with no loose ends.

Since it's becoming all the rage for shows to have a 25 episode broadcast and a bonus 26th episode on DVD, I wouldn't be surprised if Frontier does it. Not to say I'm expecting them to, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

Well, of course Alto was shot down. How else is he gonna get the VF-25 back?

^_^

The original queen of Vajra looks dead to me. Did it ever move? From the way things are, I wouldn't be surprised if it was connected to the AFOS.

FV

Its gotta be connected to AFOS. Maybe its another one sent to another planet?