Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

Question about the singing of "Ai Oboete Imasu ka": Do you think it's a song the Vajra know, or one that Ranka picked, or maybe Grace? If they already know it, might be the clearest hint we get about the ultimate fate of Megaroad-01...

Believe Grace commented on it being the most fitting song of all to be used in this situation, but I can't say I got the impression she actually picked it.

(What if Alto IS dead and his mind has joined the fold network, and he is the ghostly appearance on battle frontiers bridge next episode O.o)

:lol:

lol I was actually thinking the same thing, just "how crazy would that be" kinda moment

Is that such a big shocker? Even orphans have a mother and father. Just think about it for a moment - Sheryl is an orphan where, Macross Galaxy, right? That happened after the science fleet was destroyed, right? Therefore, Sheryl can be both an orphan AND Mao's daughter.

Re: the Galaxy ship - it's carrying Ranka, isn't it? That's my impression at least.

I couldn't really make it out in the live stream, but even being Mao's granddaughter would be a pretty big upgrade from "just another orphan" status.

Interesting how the Galaxy ship can just pass through the Vajra without hostility. I wonder how Grace manages to stir them up against Frontier, and yet leave her own side untouched. That's some real deft control there.

Is that such a big shocker? Even orphans have a mother and father. Just think about it for a moment - Sheryl is an orphan where, Macross Galaxy, right? That happened after the science fleet was destroyed, right? Therefore, Sheryl can be both an orphan AND Mao's daughter.

Not so much a shocker (I think a lot of people expected it), but it's still gratifying to get actual concrete confirmation about Sheryl's exact relationship (

granddaughter) to Mao; there was still room for alternate theories before. I doubt we'll learn anything more about her parents, though!

Oh, and Grace was apparently on the research ship, burning, when that giant Vajra thing decided to give it a hug. Can't wait for the translation on that scene.

Re: the Galaxy ship - it's carrying Ranka, isn't it? That's my impression at least.

Dunno, last I recall I thought she was tied up near the Vajra queen. But I admittedly wasn't paying too much attention to where her body was at any given time.

Wouldn't it be a shocker if Ranka's already dead, though? How long has she been sitting out there in her vacuum suit, and what if she got beamed up into the hive mind already? It'd be pretty ironic if the fake "kill-em-all" spoiler got it right after all. :)

Edited by DeeBot

What sketchley said. Not that big a shocker as some made it to be. Now i just wonder how

she inherited the Nome name.

You know, going back to the "hurt Sheryl" point, this kinda seems worse for her then losing Alto to Ranka : /. Poor girl seems to have bad luck. Zomehow i feel like she's either gonna survive and "get" Alto, or die crying .... or she and everyone else just dies, wich seems more likely to happen atm ^^

ok RANDOM idea on Alto that just popped in my head. Lets say maybe now he's just like Grace and Co. and he can download into a cyborg body (god knows what his choices would be) but just imagine something along those lines happening and then he comes back into the fight able to now control a VF27 and take on Brera fair and square hmmm possibilities, interesting

and I of course have no idea on the details of how something like this could happen, just saying it would be pretty wild

Edited by Cybergig1

My Sheryl is Mao's....

Holy lineage!!!

http://mg24live.net/up-l/s/img1221755666491.jpg

hmmm, something ain't lining up right with that pic.

Long shot, but could it be that the

baby on that pic is really *gasp* Ranka, therefore Ranka's real name is Sheryl?

. Or it could be

another fake stuff done by Grace.

Weirdness.

Edited by treatment

So far Alto has wrecked: VF-25 and VF-171EX

I think he broke a new record in term of wrecking Valk, unless you count Gamlin when he wrecked Miriya VF-1J

BTW, how did a piece of WTF-1 wreck survived the dimension eater?

Musuoka's translation of the conversation between Sheryl and Alto:

Pretty Sheryl-ly right about now but....maybe Kawamori is trolling again. <_<

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p...p;postcount=140

Sheryl: Don't forget, you don't come across a woman this good every day!

[Alto, tosses his head so earring sparkles]

Alto: Yeah.

Dunno, sounds like

Alto's the woman

. ;) I guess that might be better than

being a girl

"I'm not an adult, I'm a WOMAN"

? :lol:

The 'super-queen' isn't really green like the one in episodes 13-14, but rather sorta white-grey, with some purple details... in fact it reminds me of the Birdman colortheme... or perhaps I shouldn't think along these lines?

:unsure:

Looked more ancient and faded to me.

Edited by DeeBot