YF-24: AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING THIS

deadghost

Ok, I know this might have been questioned in the technology thread, but CHRIST its a new valk! A while back I remember watching ep.15 of frontier and had taken great note of the conversation grace had with "THESE VOICES", I saw the YF-24 outlines and it being the prototype for the vf-25, now this valk looks like a hybrid between the yf-21 and the yf-19, or the vf-11. I figured something like this was already talked about or received its proper attention And I am bouncing off the walls seeing that Mac + is still being processed and remembered by its designs. My question is WELL WE SEE IT IN ACTION IN THE LAST 2 EPISODES.

post-4019-1221493354_thumb.jpg

My question is WELL WE SEE IT IN ACTION IN THE LAST 2 EPISODES.

Don't count on it.

Why would they bring out the prototype of the VF-25? (and possibly VF-27 going by some).

It's performance wasn't even all that, causing the Galaxy Voices to underestimate the VF-25 before they actually saw it in action.

yeah I kinda forgot about this its been so long ago watching the ep. Didn't they say something along the lines like they started its development but then the 25 basically outdid it in every respect so it was possibly abandoned? I really can't remember now you've got me all curious I have to go rewatch that ep! :wacko:

yeah I kinda forgot about this its been so long ago watching the ep. Didn't they say something along the lines like they started its development but then the 25 basically outdid it in every respect so it was possibly abandoned? I really can't remember now you've got me all curious I have to go rewatch that ep! :wacko:

The thing is that they talk about it for a couple seconds.

Uhm no. They're saying they had underestimated the combat ability of the SMS. Big reason for this was because the performance of the VF-25 was not what they expected (They expected it to do worse). Why? Because they did their estimations based on the YF-24. The finished product, VF-25, ended up doing a lot better however.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

The thing is that they talk about it for a couple seconds.

thats what I was trying to remember. So probably just a sad footnote in the story because we just have to be on the "VF25" because we're at the 25th anniversary mark and all. at least it got mentioned I guess. did have an interesting design though

Possible or they were expecting a Cannon Fodder downgraded version of the YF-24. Why else would Galaxy chose its basic battroid design for the VF-27?

Remember the VF-171 is a downgraded version of the VF-17.

Like the YF-19 and YF-21, too fast, too furious, too awesome and too expensive that only ace pilots can use it.

Can you imagine Alto wrecking a VF-19A on a regular basis?

The reason I think he might use it is from past sequences: Hikaru using the red vf-1s during the last battle sequence of DYRL ( it was only used once)

Except, you know, it's a prototype with poor performance compared to the VF-25. Seriously, it ain't gonna show up.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Except, you know. It's a prototype with poor performance compared to the VF-25. Seriously, it ain't gonna show up.

TRUE, very true...but the idea of going through all that effort of making the design of one, and not even showing it (never has macross displayed up a valk design in a series and never used it) if alto is willing to pilot the new vf-171 then why not this one. For all you know they might do what they did in mac 0 and just upgrade or something like that, that fits the plot.

Edited by deadghost

TRUE, very true...but the idea of going through all that effort of making the design of one, and not even showing it (never has macross displayed up a valk design and never used it) if alto is willing to pilot the new vf-171 then why not this one. For all you know they might do what they did in mac 0 and just upgrade or something like that, that fits the plot.

Frontier upgraded their vf-171 is because that is what they have a lot of. An upgrade for to the YF-24? It's called VF-25.

I doubt that Frontier has a single 24 since now that SMS is gone they don't even have any 25s. Also, with Grace and her minions gone they probably don't have anymore 27's. Good luck in the coming battle.

Doubt anyone has a single 24, outside LAI. There's no indication it was ever massproduced as it was. In short, no VF-24. Just like there are no VF-21's. Instead we have VF-22's and VF-25's. Gonna stick with that until they show us otherwise.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Doubt anyone has a single 24, outside LAI. There's no indication was never massproduced as it was. In short, no VF-24. Just like there are no VF-21's. Instead we have VF-22's and VF-25's. Gonna stick with that until they show us otherwise.

I agree with you there, I can't see a single reason for there to be a VF-24 left at all and what you said makes perfect sense.

Doubt anyone has a single 24, outside LAI. There's no indication was never massproduced as it was. In short, no VF-24. Just like there are no VF-21's. Instead we have VF-22's and VF-25's. Gonna stick with that until they show us otherwise.

I guess untill we see otherwise, but I keep imagining to myself ^_^ alto screwing up his last vf-25 and SMS pulling off a dust cover off the prototype hidden all the way in some storage compartment. BUT the vf-25 does symbolize the anniversary and the series.

I can see Alto wrecking alot of things actually. Its too bad that they won't show a true version of the 24. I am a big fan of the 25 armored anyways though so its not too big a deal to me.

I think the YF-24 went kaput like the YF-21, they just used the prototype and jump to the following designation. The chances of us seeing a VF-24 are as likely as seeing a VF-21 in an anime.

I think its like akin to saying "Guess we have to wait to see if Britai suddenly shows up from nowhere and gives the good guys support". ^_^

And Battle 1 to 24 will fold in to join the fight... ^_^

Ok, I know this might have been questioned in the technology thread, but CHRIST its a new valk! A while back I remember watching ep.15 of frontier and had taken great note of the conversation grace had with "THESE VOICES", I saw the YF-24 outlines and it being the prototype for the vf-25, now this valk looks like a hybrid between the yf-21 and the yf-19, or the vf-11. I figured something like this was already talked about or received its proper attention And I am bouncing off the walls seeing that Mac + is still being processed and remembered by its designs. My question is WELL WE SEE IT IN ACTION IN THE LAST 2 EPISODES.

I don't keep up with the threads that this was already mentioned in, so thanks for posting this. I like the look of the 24 more than the 25. The wings actually look like they belong to a fighter, where as the overall shape of the 25 reminds me more of a lanky B-1 bomber than a modern fighter jet.

The YF-24 was an under performing design with some promise, hence it was never put into production but had enough merit that bits of it were used as the basis for the VF-25 (and possibly the VF-27). A similar real life example would be how the YF-17 never went into production (beaten out by the F-16) but its design was reused for the F/A-18.