• Zentradi Variable Glaug
    • FBz-99G Saubergeran
    • Fz-109F Elgerzorene
    • Fz-109A Elgerzorene
    • Az-130A Panzerzorene
    • SV-51
    • VF-27

Thanks to Mr. March's M3 site.

If Macross 7, Macross Zero and Macross Frontier has shown us even bad guys can build their version of the variable fighter. Adding something alien to what is familiar.

Which is your favorite Enemy Valkyrie?

Feios Valkyrie

Zentradi Variable Glaug

FBz-99G Saubergeran

Fz-109F Elgerzorene

Fz-109A Elgerzorene

Az-130A Panzerzorene

SV-51

VF-27

In b4 the poll is locked awaiting its turn...

VF-27, followed by SV-51.

One of the reasons i liked about episode 9 of MF was that we got our first really good look of the 27 in action. Loved how 'alien' it appeared with its menacing engine sound high-power energy gun and technological innovations.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

The VF-27 is my fav. It's like the yin to the VF-25's yang, kinda like the YF-19/YF-21 comparison. Plus, I like those heavy fighters in Macross, which are all too rare.

I think the Varauta valkyries suffer from under-representation. They suffer even worse than cannon fodder, never having even a short moment to shine like the VF-11 or VF-171. The statistics make them quite potent, but sadly all they do is blow up on screen. The poor Saubergeran is probably the most abused Varauta mecha, but it has some great stats and really cool weapons.

VF-27. It can take out a carrier with one shot, no missiles involved, that's more than any of the other valkries listed can do. It's like the SV-51 on steroids. I don't like the heads on either of them in battroid mode though. It helps that in fighter mode it makes me think of a cross between the SV-51 and a VF-4 or VF-14.

Wait, where's the ghost? or isn't it considered a valk? (but then again, the glaug is included, so what gives?)

my vote goes to the ghost. hey so far, the only way it was defeated was through a suicide run. gotta give props for that.

anyway, sans the ghost, i'd go for the Nora-Custom SV51. the VF27 is too flashy for my taste.

Wait, where's the ghost? or isn't it considered a valk? (but then again, the glaug is included, so what gives?)

my vote goes to the ghost. hey so far, the only way it was defeated was through a suicide run. gotta give props for that.

anyway, sans the ghost, i'd go for the Nora-Custom SV51. the VF27 is too flashy for my taste.

The Zentradi Variable Glaug

Zentradi Variable Glaug

vglaug-battroid_small.gifvglaug-gerwalk_small.gifvglaug-fighter_small.gif

There is also a UN Spacy miclone version Variable Glaug.

Ghosts aren't Variable Fighters.

Oh did you know the UN Spacy has a AI version?

Neo Glaug

neoglaug-gerwalk_small.gifneoglaug-fighter_small.gif

The orange VF-11 drones in Macross Plus are also VFs.