who is denser about women?

sucker4meltrans

who is king of thick skulls ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following leading men understood women the least?

• Hikaru(SDFM and/or DYRL)
    • Alto
    • Basara

Alto wins hands down imo. Hikaru sort of got it, and Basara just wasn't interested in Mylene.

I'll have to agree. I think Alto is by far the densest. I think Basara was pretty dense about it for a while with Rex and such, but I think he caught on.

Basara's not dense. He just doesn't care.

I voted Hikaru. Solely because if the infamous "ditch Misa to hang with Minmay" incident.

I gonna have to agree with this one here. Hikaru blew off Misa for Minmay and then he let her hang around. Alto hasn't even come close to doing something like that.

You know, the ditching Misa to hang out with Minmay moment isn't something I look at as being all that dense on Hikaru's part. I think it was really something he had to do to come to his point of real realization. He sort of knew that Misa was the one for him but he had that nagging doubt that that first love tends to leave with people. I can't speak for everyone, or even many, but I know that I thought about my first love well into my relationship with my second and I still went out of my way to spend time with her. It wasn't until I was onto my third or forth love that I finally had enough distance to see that I was extremely lucky to have gotten away from the first when I did. Kudos to Hikaru to being able to do it sooner... even if he had to take some big risks to get there.

Hikaru definitely had his share of dense moments but most of them seemed pretty familiar. He should have pulled the trigger on a few occasions but didn't, he should have been more honest with himself, etc but most of that is just your typically coming of age stuff.

Basara didn't care at all. What's the biker's name? Rex? She was delicious and threw herself at him but he didn't care. This thread should really be "Who is denser about love?" and Mylene should be the Mac7 choice for her back and forth wtih Gamlin and Basara. If Basara loved anyone it was Sivil.

Alto just sucks. He doesn't have that boyish apprehension because he's young and unconfident like Hikaru did. It seems like he has more of the Basara "What's a girl?" attitude going on... but Basara didn't really lead anyone on and Alto seems to let that happen.

I gonna have to agree with this one here. Hikaru blew off Misa for Minmay and then he let her hang around. Alto hasn't even come close to doing something like that.

Seconded. Alto may not even be as clueless as we've been led to believe... Hikaru left Misa hang for 2 years though. That just takes the cake.

Hikaru(SDFM and/or DYRL) - Regular guy, but just couldn't make up his mind

Alto - Moron when it comes to women, seems shocked by everything that is painfully obvious

Basara - Come on guys, Basara is gay. I don't want to start a flame war with this (nor will I engage in one) but the character was obviously written to be homosexual.

Basara - Come on guys, Basara is gay. I don't want to start a flame war with this (nor will I engage in one) but the character was obviously written to be homosexual.

I would have said the same thing of you judging from your avatar :lol: , but since being gay is perfectly normal, I don't see anything wrong with it. So, yes, why not, basara could indeed be gay. Or bisexual (it would fit perfectly). I alway thought that the strong bond between him and Gamrin was intentionally played to leave the viewers with a doubt abouth their inner (true) feelings.

Thus said, in my opionion Alto is the denser of the two (the other one being Hikaru). Waaaay denser.

I would have said the same thing of you judging from your avatar :lol: , but since being gay is perfectly normal, I don't see anything wrong with it. So, yes, why not, basara could indeed be gay. ...

Being in shape isn't gay, its awesome.. I am super human.

Nobody said there is anything wrong with being gay.

Nobody said there is anything wrong with being gay.

It's posts like the one C&P below (see the word "straight") that made me think you have some problems with omosexuality. Maybe I misunderstood.

I would not believe that someone over the age of 8 who is a straight male could get into Macross because of M7.

Ok, sorry for the off-topic!

Oh come on, Hikaru should win this one hands down.

Alto is not really dense - in a way he seems quite sensitive to what's going on around him. indecisive maybe. a bit aloof maybe. but not dense. he already had an inkling about ranka's feelings way back in ep 10. (in fact, he didn't seem at all surprised that ranka confessed to him in ep21. it was more of the timing, and what ranka planned to do). and he seems aware that sheryl has feelings for him (he doesn't react violently or like an idiot when michael or klan is trying to get him together with Sheryl). he just goes with the flow. and while it may seem he hasn't made a final decision yet, he doesn't do any irresponsible act that would show insensitivity to either ranka or sheryl on his part.

basara just doesn't seem to care that much. he's not clueless, and i think he can understand women if he wanted to. he seemed to understand the bioker chick's feelings for him. and hey, he clearly understood sivil, a girl who only screams "anima spiritia" over and over again. gotta give him props for that. :p

and as for Hikaru... oh my where do i begin. after rescuing misa, he should've gotten an idea of how misa felt for him. misa was all clingy the whole time. but let's forgive that for the moment. in a span of 2 years, during which misa had the keys to his place, and she would regularly clean it, he never gave it a second thought. Misa invited him to her room in britai's ship for tea, started to tell him something important, and ordered him to kiss her (again). nope still nothing. when vanessa set him straight, he acted surprised and it took him the rest of the night to wisen up. and just when we thought hikaru finally got it, he regressed in the very next episode and stood misa up for minmay. even if he had no romantic intents twoards minmay at that time (which is highly unlikely), to even think of breaking a date to go out with a person misa is clearly threatened by is sooo dense on many levels. come on, did Hikaru really NEED misa to confess on his doorway for him to wisen up?

although i would have to differentiate SDFM hikaru with DYRL Hikaru. the latter's quick on the draw, sharp with women, decisive and consistent. alto and basara couldn't hold a candle to this guy.

Alto wins hands down imo. Hikaru sort of got it, and Basara just wasn't interested in Mylene.

Mylene, Rex, Akiko...

Sivil likely and Emilia also, before he found out she Mylene's sister meaning she's also Millia's child.

Come on when Emilia cried after their song battle that is so Millia after Max beat her several times and Max made a swoop.

although i would have to differentiate SDFM hikaru with DYRL Hikaru. the latter's quick on the draw, sharp with women, decisive and consistent. alto and basara couldn't hold a candle to this guy.

gotta agree there... DYRL Hikaru had taken quite a few pages from Fokker's book (in his own way)

Sivil likely

Basara had very deep feelings for Sivil, but you have to read between the lines. At the beginning of Dynamite he is still giving water to the plant that he saved from the bubble-cage Sivil was trapped in during the series.

I agree on the difference between the TV and DYRL Hikaru, but I must say in the latter case he's just acting like an ass instead of simply being dense.

TV Hikaru, most definitely...

To repeat with other posters have said, with some added emphasis:

¡¡¡TWO YEARS!!!

(Of course, "The Lost Two Years" tries to gloss this over by having Hikaru go to the Moon Base for a lot of this time, but I ain't completely buying that...unless he had a fling with some hot Moon Base girl who we've never seen. I suppose it's a possibility...)

You got to give him credit. His music makes girls horny for him.

Well except Millia, she never did get why they were so crazy about him. She has better standards. (Max)

But that didn't stop two of her daughters falling for him.

Heaven forbid if Basara meets the six other daughters. (Moaramia included)

You got to give him credit. His music makes girls horny for him.

Well except Millia, she never did get why they were so crazy about him. She has better standards. (Max)

But that didn't stop two of her daughters falling for him.

Heaven forbid if Basara meets the six other daughters. (Moaramia included)

Macross as harem anime?

*shudder*

TV Hikaru takes the cake. One of the bridge bunnies had to tell him in the final episode before he finally realized that yes, the woman who had been coming to his house to clean up and make his bed was in love with him...

Alto at least has excuses. He sees Ranka as a little sister figure, and probably mistakes her interest for a similar sort of thing. And Sheryl keeps messing with his head during the first half of the series. If a girl you know approaches you with a dead series expression on her face, suddenly leans forward, and plays tonsil hockey with you, and then mocks you for thinking that she might be in love with you, then imo you can be forgiven for being unsure about her intentions when she flirts outrageously with you later on. Alto takes about as much care of Sheryl as he can without inviting the ridicule that he got back in episode 10 after she lip-locked him.