Small destroids? Strange Never seen these resin kits!

Ranger565

OK well if you guys know, My buddy is looking to sell some of his kits. And I just bought a few from him. BUT they are small Destroids! All of them!

They are smaller then the 1/144 in the picture you can see some of the destroids.

I also bought the Monster from him as well. BUT ITS MISSING PARTS!!!! And the box was never oppend by him. 8(

anyone know where they came from?

You can tell in some of the pics I have the 1/144 resin destroids next to the kits. They are also smaller then the 1/200 kits. the moster is much smaller then the 1/200 monster.

post-1578-1221193109_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221193131_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221193149_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221193160_thumb.jpg

OK well if you guys know, My buddy is looking to sell some of his kits. And I just bought a few from him. BUT they are small Destroids! All of them!

They are smaller then the 1/144 in the picture you can see some of the destroids.

I also bought the Monster from him as well. BUT ITS MISSING PARTS!!!! And the box was never oppend by him. 8(

anyone know where they came from?

You can tell in some of the pics I have the 1/144 resin destroids next to the kits. They are also smaller then the 1/200 kits. the moster is much smaller then the 1/200 monster.

what parts is the monster missing?

I am Missing 2x Foot heals, 2x the 2 Leg pieces. (I have the thigh and the Back Knee) . Also the 2x top cone gun placements and both lights on the side of the head are missing.

I have all 4 guns, Both feet, Both arm guns, the arm, Thighs, the butt and the drop down back plate ( Iknow you know what I man.

Man this thing woudl be a SICK little Monster if I had those parts. :(

I am Missing 2x Foot heals, 2x the 2 Leg pieces. (I have the thigh and the Back Knee) . Also the 2x top cone gun placements and both lights on the side of the head are missing.

I have all 4 guns, Both feet, Both arm guns, the arm, Thighs, the butt and the drop down back plate ( Iknow you know what I man.

Man this thing woudl be a SICK little Monster if I had those parts. :(

The parts your missing sound like they would be easy to scratch build in that scale. The leg frames of the monster arent that difficult. Nothing some styrene sheet and rod couldnt fix. same with teh missing detail parts.

The destroids look like Dark Horse recasts (originally metal). The Monster (out of proportion), is smaller than 1/200 it looks like (not a whole lot to compare with).

HWR's right, make your own parts! You've got referrances from a good Imai kit, right? You can do it! - MT

EDITED: I take it back, they are originals. I just happened to be looking at my Dark Horse figures and the detail is different. These look like original art all done in 1/200 scale. Why didn't I find them!!! :blink: - MT

Edited by MechTech

Are they really recasts of the Dark Horse minis?

doesn't appear so. as MechTech said above, the details are different. the upper torsos of the Dark Horse minis are split so they can be fit over/around the lower torso piece to allow for torso articulation.

i met a guy at wonderfest 08 in louisville, ky who had 3D printed versions of different mech. i lost his card because i need him to make my hands/missiles for my 1/35th spartan.

might be the same guy.

i met a guy at wonderfest 08 in louisville, ky who had 3D printed versions of different mech. i lost his card because i need him to make my hands/missiles for my 1/35th spartan.

might be the same guy.

If you look in my spartan thread i have closeups of the hands. It shouldnt be tough to scratchbuild them.

It's hard to tell but the I have the Dark Horse Phalanx and this kit looks like it could based on it even though the torso is one piece. But it might be an original sculpt too. Since I've got the Nichimo's, the Dark Horse Phalanx, the Matchbox diecast Monster and gashpon Q-Rau, I think I have everything SDF in 1/200 except the Nosjadeul-Ger and the Gnerl. What I'd really like is a bucket full of the gashpon Regults for wargaming with.

HEy guys I will take some close up shots tomorrow of the kits so you can get a better look. I dont think they are Recasts. But they are the size of a dark hosrse but they dont look like them. Their is WAY to much detail on the kits. I will put them next to a Quarter so you can see size.

I got

2x Tomahawks

2x Spartans

1x Defender

1x Phalanx

1x Monster

Welcome to the boards Vintage Macross?

"I think I have everything SDF in 1/200 except the Nosjadeul-Ger and the Gnerl" I didn't know those were made in 1/200!?

And yes, if the destroids are 1/200, I'd love to buy/borrow them for more destroids. I don't have enough to properly populate even the front half of my ship! I might have to throw some valkyries in to take up the space. - MT

i tried building the fingers separately out of styrene sheet because i wanted to make them articulate and put knuckles inside. that was pure hell building teeny boxes even at 1/35th. they better lend themselves to mill-work machining a solid block. oh yeah, i don't have a mill. my sculpting sucks. maybe i could sand them down to shape with a belt sander!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Judging by the quarter, they are 1/200. They have better details than the Nichimo kits in some places, and inaccuracies in others. A little work and they would be great. It's too bad the tomahawk has such blah weapons detail in the chest. The Defender looks better (from what I can see). The cannon on it are more realistic in dimension.

Let me know what you want to do. - MT