1/48 Ultimate Detail Valk (HF copy) on eBay

cowie165

Item #: 300256422859

Clicky clicky

No bids so far. Fair starting price. Thought I'd post in this forum because this is where the builders hang out.

If the Australian Dollar wasn't so weak at the moment, I'd have kept quiet and bid myself! :) The seller is on SSM.

Mark

edit: Auction ends in just under two days, around 0530Z (GMT)

Edited by cowie165

hmmm...seems like a fair price considering it was not an original Club-M...

May be it was better to me. I didn't see that is wasn't an original (description didn't say it!) :blink:

May be it was better to me. I didn't see that is wasn't an original (description didn't say it!) :blink:

Yeah, I had to email the seller to find out whether or not it was a recast. He wasn't sure, but said he bought it from HobbyFan :)

Had it been an original I would have bid no matter how crappy the Aussie dollar is! :D

so how would a person know if it wasn't an original club m kit? i won the auction and know i am a little worried.

In truth, I don't think you could, and the seller has misrepresented the kit. That said, based on his email reply I think he was genuinely unaware (ignorant?) of the difference between a HobbyFan kit and an original Club-M.

If it really was a Club-M, you would expect the starting price to be around US$500. His starting price was about right for a recast.

Not sure if that helps, but if you bought it expecting an original Club-M you should contact the seller and you'd have grounds to rescind your bid.

HTH

And yeah, as Ruben said, the Hobby Fan kits are still very nice (thanks to Viceland I have one now! :)) and you paid a good price for it. Hobby Fan no longer make them and when they last did it was for well over $200, so you've done well regardless.

so how would a person know if it wasn't an original club m kit? i won the auction and know i am a little worried.

The little logo next to the Club M sticker on the front is the give away. From memory it's a radioactive symbol or something similar (don't have mine handy at the moment). The other give away is the copies don't have white metal parts such as under-carraige & flap pieces, theirs are all resin. Apart from that the kit is pretty good so don't worry too much as you got it at a good price.

In truth, I don't think you could, and the seller has misrepresented the kit. That said, based on his email reply I think he was genuinely unaware (ignorant?) of the difference between a HobbyFan kit and an original Club-M.

If it really was a Club-M, you would expect the starting price to be around US$500. His starting price was about right for a recast.

Not sure if that helps, but if you bought it expecting an original Club-M you should contact the seller and you'd have grounds to rescind your bid.

HTH

He would have known it was a recast. The kit is very different to the original. It has different decals (if you could call them that), no white metal parts, different instructions (poor photcopy in a plastic bound book) and it has a small logo on the front of the box of the mob who made the copy.

I was caught out like that and PayPal would not do anything unless I got a statutary declaration from an "expert" in the field (and of course the phone book is full of Australian macross resin kit experts <_< ) that the kit was a copy. In the end the kit isn't all that bad, the only area that is a really FUBAR is the flaps.

He would have known it was a recast.

Debatable. The only guy that knows is the seller. I'm not his advocate but the HF kit isn't rebranded or anything - it still bears the Club-M logos etc. If you weren't an expert you wouldn't know that the original has the white metal parts, etc. Even the logo on the front is easily misconstrued as the kit is ordered and shipped through HobbyFan. It's just like when HLJ ships stuff in a nice HLJ box.

Anyways, I'm not trying to start a fight or an argument, just encouraging MWers to be wary of calling people dishonest right off the bat is all.

And it sucks to hear about Paypal giving you grief mate. Yeah, I'm not sure what they expect - I wonder if you could sign the stat dec yourself?

I have two of those kits, they are recast kits not originals, with the metal photo etch parts, but no metal landing gears if anyone is interested please let me know. I am just trying to break even

Edited by jorawar_b

:rolleyes: I haven't gotten any response from the seller about how long it will take to get to me but I really can't wait to see this thing. In a perfect world I could have two so I could build a super valk ready for combat and a standard valk being serviced and stripped down. Because in my opinion I think they would a least remove the super parts if they had to service it. What do you guys think I should do?