Macross Frontier Episode 23 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 23  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Sheryl is getting drunk. Giggity!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet?...)

How much more do they want to hurt Sheryl ...... she's dying, she's beeing used, she gets mixxed up in the biggest screw up of her generation and the guy she loves is going to pick her friend over her, right when she needs him most? Cmon this aint fair against her, atleast Ranka right now chose this path of her own will.

Exactly. Give Sheryl a break and give her Alto's heart. Ranka serves a bigger purpose here and should be taken out of this triangle.

Exactly. Give Sheryl a break and give her Alto's heart. Ranka serves a bigger purpose here and should be taken out of this triangle.

I feel that Alto's mentioning of possibly having to "kill Ranka" a bit extreme since she just confessed her love for him a few episodes ago. But I guess because of all the anger he has pent up that he feels that he'll do whatever is necessary. But yes, he needs to be with Sheryl.

Ssssh already fixed that typo :p

You can't believe how heart broken I feel..... poor Sheryl. Still I'm holding my hopes up for her, she either gets Alto at the end and maybe survives, or Brera kills her when she's singing during the attack.

totaly, way to crush all our hopes and dreams SK :( ; if she lives she better end up with alto, and if she doesn't (live that is)... well, that would suck as much as when michel died (at least he's going to come back in the next couple episodes)

yeah seriously tired of them dumping on Sheryl. I swear I hate to feel this way but its almost like my utter love for this show will be completely twisted into hate if they have Alto pick Ranka. Just how I feel at this point

:angry:

yeah seriously tired of them dumping on Sheryl. I swear I hate to feel this way but its almost like my utter love for this show will be completely twisted into hate if they have Alto pick Ranka. Just how I feel at this point

totaly, ending that way would totaly kill my opinion of the show.

totaly, way to crush all our hopes and dreams SK :( ; if she lives she better end up with alto, and if she doesn't (live that is)... well, that would suck as much as when michel died (at least he's going to come back in the next couple episodes)

You'll never give up hope will you :) ?

But yeah I really can't see them bing a RankxAlto ending that fits well right now .... Heck right now I'm getting the feeling both girls might even bite the dust, or just Alto

:ph34r:. I just hope they dont do that

Now she " serves a bigger purpose " ? :lol:

But all Sheryl fanboys, Alto said " I will kill her " so she may be out of this triangle at the end ...

A tragic end when the boy kills his love with his own hands ... epic .

totaly, ending that way would totaly kill my opinion of the show.

Tsk Sore losers. The show sux just cuz your fan-wank ending didn't happen eh? :lol:

So it was also Ranka's singing wich led to the destruction of the 117th research fleet (we should dub that fleet: Master Chief)? Grace really is a psycho

Actually it was Grace that did something to sabotage Ranshe's experiment, at least that's what i thought i heard grace confessing.

Just saying that she being the "little queen" and all is too busy for a relationship. One way to resolve this triangle is to just kill Alto off in the last episode.

:lol: I sense Alto 's popularity take a dive for now on . Now about the ones who will die : it's him or Ranka . I can't see how they will kill Sheryl now that she was rejected like that...

Tsk Sore losers. The show sux just cuz your fan-wank ending didn't happen eh? :lol:

While I'm getting the feeling that i'm losing, its not that im a sore loser, it's just that it feels so cruel. I'm a Sheryl fan, yes, but I could live with a Ranka ending if they went there in a steady pace after building things up ..... but right now Sheryl is getting hammerd to pieces and that feels so cruel an ending for Sheryl if she gets rejected aswell.

We'll see how this plays out, I'll love Frontier no matter what, but this does really hurt my feelings for the characters if it plays out the way it looks right now.

Then again, this feels like beeing back in Hikaru's quarter in DYRL, only extended :p

Tsk Sore losers. The show sux just cuz your fan-wank ending didn't happen eh?

:lol:

lol yeah pretty much. I mean I could stomach it more if they didn't just keep piling more and more despair on Sheryl. Then maybe I could just deal with it. But after them totally killing Klan/Michael's chance at happiness doing this to Sheryl just pushes me over the edge. He picks Ranka and I dont care if they kill of Alto at that point hahaha. I mean if I just wanting to feel like crap about the show I'd just go watch Eva again

Edited by Cybergig1

While I was hoping that this would be a more character-driven episode, the plot revelations really came fast and furious. I can't wait for a sub so I can find out what they were. ;) Anyway, I think they're set up nicely for the final two episodes; anything could happen, at this point.

Overall, not an episode I'd watch more than a couple times, probably, but it serves its purpose. I was borderline positive on this one.

Those who called that the Vajra were peaceful got it right. Grace basically sabotaged the 117th and Ranshe's research. Apparently Ranshe contracted the virus somehow which i'm guessing is through overexposure to the vajra. Grace and Co. are plugged into a fold neural network found through research of the Vajra....can't get the rest.

This is very close to what I proposed back in the Episode 18 Talkback Thread

This points more to the infection being virus-like than bacterial as well.

Sheryl is a far more compelling character because of her tragic story. Which is why she is better thank Ranka, who is just a sci-fi plot device.

Don't know if I agree with these statements, but if Sheryl gets a magic cure... that would be a feeble plot device, and the tragedy would become melodrama. For her story to be tragic, she has to die (after trying to defy the odds), anything less is just cheap pandering.

Edited by yaiba

Here's my initial reaction to ep 23

..."Do what you want" Alto's words early on to Ranka.

Ranka has made a choice to go with Brera to the Vajra homeworld

Ozma and 70% of the SMS crew has made a choice to leave Frontier and find the true enemy

Klan has decided to act as Claudia aboard Frontier

I think Sheryl has made her choice to leave Alto, her paper plane signifies that IMO

So everyone has mad a choice but Alto....I have a feeling we may see Alto with neither Ranka or Sheryl due to his indeciveness, he may indeed end up home alone.