Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

Not that uncommon in Southern Europe. From the top of my head I can think of the french writer Emile Zola and the italian foootballer (that's soccer for our Northamerican friends) Gianfranco Zola who was a star for both Napoli and Chelsea back in the 90's.

And so they said to me, "Hey, isn't that a Macross or Robotech thing?" Although the one guy pronounced it May-cross...

funny... way back in my pre-internet days of MACROSS fandom, i had a local, privately-owned hobby shop whose owner i was chummy with.

i often scavenged his supplier catalogs in desperate search for MACROSS kits, and he was always referring to it as "MAY-CROSS" in his conversations with me about it.

for whatever reason, i don't recall ever bothering to correct him, despite my knowing better...

Edited by Shaorin

I wonder if I can talk about Itasha and cosplay here?

I went to NicoNico Super Meeting in Makuhari.

There were some Macross-related Itasha and cosplayers.

"Itasha" is the cars Anime characters are printed on. Like this.

post-14942-0-34569500-1335641483_thumb.jpg

There were 2 Sheryl cars there.

post-14942-0-26206500-1335640257_thumb.jpg

post-14942-0-66401300-1335640307_thumb.jpg

post-14942-0-55245200-1335640342_thumb.jpg

post-14942-0-85361300-1335640375_thumb.jpg

Sheryl was there.

post-14942-0-49608000-1335640710_thumb.jpg

post-14942-0-20483300-1335640758_thumb.jpg

And cosplayers were gathering. The Rankas and Sheryls brigade. lol

post-14942-0-67178000-1335640938_thumb.jpg

ps

A related product of gdgd妖精s (Gudaguda Fairies).

post-14942-0-62668200-1335641205_thumb.jpg

Oh. I like this.

Edited by antibiotictab

I wonder if Alto will be driving that Sheryl Custom Honda S2000.

Naah. He'll be driving the Sheryl Custom Alfa Romeo 156. Members of SMS like their Italian cars :)

I wonder if Alto will be driving that Sheryl Custom Honda S2000.

Naah. He'll be driving the Sheryl Custom Alfa Romeo 156. Members of SMS like their Italian cars :)

Alto is still a high school student, and dosen't drive if Frontier is based on Japanese culture.

And Galaxy is apparently based on the USA.

Alto's car can be Suzuki. And Brera will drive Alfa Romeo.

Because both "Alto" and "Brera" are cars' names. "Suzuki Alto" and "Alfa Romeo Brera".

In Nyan-Cli movies, Sheryl drove her Ferrari California. From 04:04.

http://youtu.be/LeahG-l9b4o

She drove stick. Oh, not an automatic transmission car.

Edited by antibiotictab

but half of frontier's city section is San Fancisco.

Yes. And LA (e.g. Griffith Observatory).

But Sheryl said "no slums" in Frontier in ep5. No poor guys and no street gangs in the US cities? Super ideal.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a Fire Bomber cover band or something?

In a word, yes. Teshima Explosion played at a Macross fan gig a couple of months back. They even made some awesome band tshirts for the occasion.

There were two main male singers - one was Basara, one was the Fire Valk. The Fire Valks costume was broken on purpose at one point as part of a skit the band did.

There were some Frontier singers, a Minmay singer, and best of all a Macross Plus cover band who had formed for that one night only. They were unbelievably awesome - considering that Plus music was never really made to be performed live in some ways they surpassed the original imo. And their basist utterly ROCKED!

Edit: Camera mostly cut me off but managed to find my hands and occasionally bobbing nose, lol.

Edited by Tochiro

In a word, yes. Teshima Explosion played at a Macross fan gig a couple of months back. They even made some awesome band tshirts for the occasion.

There were two main male singers - one was Basara, one was the Fire Valk. The Fire Valks costume was broken on purpose at one point as part of a skit the band did.

There were some Frontier singers, a Minmay singer, and best of all a Macross Plus cover band who had formed for that one night only. They were unbelievably awesome - considering that Plus music was never really made to be performed live in some ways they surpassed the original imo. And their basist utterly ROCKED!

Edit: Camera mostly cut me off but managed to find my hands and occasionally bobbing nose, lol.

I'm speechless. That Macross Plus cover band is the most awesome thing I've heard in ages. They're fantastic! I never expected to see a vid of something 'A Sai En' performed live. And the way they nail songs like 'Idol Talk'and 'Torch Song' is uncanny.

Awesome really.

I was at my local comic book shop today, looked through a few books before making my selection, when picked up a copy of X-men #29 on page two, three, or four (should have gotten that too) featured the X-men battling two large robots. One of the robots though it head and parts of its body were different the arms resemble much closer to the Defenders double barrel gun arms. Looks like there is a Macross fan at Marvel.

that's what happens when you sing a baby to sleep with "Voices."

Hey, "Voices", specially the a capella version, happens to work very well as a lullaby for the little ones. "Aimo" is pretty effective too...