Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

Good find. I think its very likely the creator is a Macross/Robotech fan. The kid doesn't just have a Valkyrie he looks like Roy Fokker and has a black girlfriend as well.

jeremyandjulie.th.png

greenvalk.th.png

If you have a decent proxy you can watch it through Hulu.com. Its episode 4: "Interracial McAdams".

Nah can't read Japanese...yet. I just enjoy the fantastic artwork. :D

That's the one thanks man for the screen cap.

I took this picture in Otaru, Japan, back in 2003. I have no idea what this company does, or even if they still exist.

post-12411-0-24941700-1325301411_thumb.jpg

Oop, my mistake. It's actually taken in May of 2004.

Edited by Jefuemon

OK, just Googled "automobile in Russian", and Производители and Автомобили в России came up. Guess they're a Japanese car export company.

Edited by Jefuemon

I remember seeing a car that was tuned with a Macross theme. They sort of took elements of a VF-1 and incorporated it into the car. Things such as UN-Spacy logos, skull squadron logos, intake markings, no step, etc. It was very well done and looked really cool. If I come across the picture I will post it.

I remember seein the same one. It was in Super Street magazine about 7 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just sitting in class, minding my own beeswax, when I had two people randomly recognize, sort of, my desktop background, which is Alto's VF-25F. And so they said to me, "Hey, isn't that a Macross or Robotech thing?" Although the one guy pronounced it May-cross...

Anyhow, I think I convinced one of them to give Frontier a go! :)

I figured you guys would take exception to it. I suppose a true nerd would identify it as "1982", but you could consider 1985 as the year anime started to gain traction here in the US because of a certain three-year-old show...

I agree. The shirt definitely would have been more epic if it said 1982.

I figured you guys would take exception to it. I suppose a true nerd would identify it as "1982", but you could consider 1985 as the year anime started to gain traction here in the US because of a certain three-year-old show...

I believe others have mentioned that the 1985 + anime gaining traction is merely a myth perpetuated by a company that wants to make their product sound more important than it actually was. Predating that we had, Star Blazers and Astro Boy, to name but a few.

It's kind of inconsistent, though, isn't it? If it's the US release, the Mazinger Z arm should say "1986" and Gundam head should say "1998." But those two are the Japanese release dates. Optimus Prime, the Valkyrie, and Golion, however, show the US dates on them.

If you're gonna make a T-shirt that only nit-picky fanboys will buy, shouldn't you make sure you get everything right...?

To be fair, Optimus didn't exist as a character before 1984. Diaclone had a pretty minimal backstory unlike Microman which had its own manga tie-in.

And that stolen from existing art beefy arm certainly didn't exist before 1984 :v

They even took a piece from someone's favorite VF-1 front view.