Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

Well, I've been levelling a druid in World of Warcraft. Why is he relevant? He heals and makes people Listen to his song!! So if anyone that plays on Hellscream US (horde side) , don't be shy and say hi :) . Does this count as Macross seen in strange places? We already have a Cpt. Glooval NPC quest giver.

Edited by mrhillz

Well, I've been levelling a druid in World of Warcraft. Why is he relevant? He heals and makes people Listen to his song!! So if anyone that plays on Hellscream US (horde side) , don't be shy and say hi :) . Does this count as Macross seen in strange places? We already have a Cpt. Glooval NPC quest giver.

That is soo bomba! Kageki ni fire!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok. A Macross appearance in "Eastenders" really puts the weird in "weirdest places". What a find!

It's been in it for literally years I commented on it way back when I first joined Macrossworld, but also mentioned it to Macross loving friends back in the late 90's.

I dont watch it much but as the wife has it on I do take a peek every time the Cafe is in it. Everytime I see it I remind her of it,she really hates that :)

Ironically it is the only thing that was saved when they blew up the cafe a couple of years ago.

My guess is that some one at BBC Elstree knows how much it is worth.

It's been in it for literally years I commented on it way back when I first joined Macrossworld, but also mentioned it to Macross loving friends back in the late 90's.

I dont watch it much but as the wife has it on I do take a peek every time the Cafe is in it. Everytime I see it I remind her of it,she really hates that :)

Ironically it is the only thing that was saved when they blew up the cafe a couple of years ago.

My guess is that some one at BBC Elstree knows how much it is worth.

I cannot imagine that there many such machines around, let alone in Europe. Must be worth a tidy sum!

I'm sure this has been posted before but I was just playing some music while I updated a review on anymoon and the Lost Prophets song Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja came on. Out of the corner of my eye I could see the tiny CD cover art emblem in my media player and noticed that there was a drawing of a mech on there. Sure enough, there's a Super VF-1S on the cover with a second piece of close-up line art there as well. Neat.

Interesting... but you need it more urbanized. More tall buildings in your commercial and residential zones. Not sure how you'll work around not having pollution spewing factory zones, but never mind. The elevated highways also don't work for me... mind you, w/ stage 4 and 5 buildings on your C & R zones, they should blend in better.

No prob, I can glass (read: Halo-style erase) the whole map and rebuild, what with gazilllion simoleons to spare. :) It took me half a day to create the terrain map from the Chronicles article and then made some readjustments using the freeware SC3K terrain editor.

If I could get a hold of Simcity 4 and the Rush Hour expansion pack, it would be even nicer.

I thought SC3K was the best game in the series. I bought SC4, but didn't play it much because I just didn't like it. Maybe it might be worth another look after all of these years. It's just collecting dust in my Big Box o' Games.

Pretty cool city, though!

I like SC4 the best - probably 'cuz of all the micro-managing one can do in it (which is probably a turnoff for some). Nevertheless, one of the best features of SC4 is region play. Which would be ideal for soul.assassin's map; cuz all the factories and most of the support systems (power plants, garbage disposal, etc.) are in a neighbouring city, granting a better representation of Island 1, with it's factory and support systems hidden away in levels underneath the top city layer or in the underbelly of the Environment Ships that accompany it.

Just turned on my TV to Fox and what do I see on this new show called Allan Gregory, of course it's one of those new rediculous animated show's Fox comes up with. But it's what caught my eye behind what appears to two brothers or friends is a green VF-1S Valkyrie with only the leg super parts on. Looks like the creator of the show is a Macross fan.

Just turned on my TV to Fox and what do I see on this new show called Allan Gregory, of course it's one of those new rediculous animated show's Fox comes up with. But it's what caught my eye behind what appears to two brothers or friends is a green VF-1S Valkyrie with only the leg super parts on. Looks like the creator of the show is a Macross fan.

That's funny, because I randomly caught that while flipping through the channel, funny how my eyes just knew. That show is prettyhilarious.

That's funny, because I randomly caught that while flipping through the channel, funny how my eyes just knew. That show is prettyhilarious.

Hasn't come out on this side of the Atlantic yet, but has now become a must see...well, at least until the VF-1 shows up.

Yeah... <_< You sure it's not because the creator remembers Robotech? Unfortunately people on this side of the pond seem to remember that as oppose to Macross.

I got one for y'all. I was watching Author Christmas that just came out at the theater. During the first few minutes when one of the elves is about to do a naughty or nice check on a kid, low and behold I see a VF-1 toy as the elf makes a slow motion jump across the room. Now that is random!

Edited by Flaming Guantlet

I got one for y'all. I was watching Author Christmas that just came out at the theater. During the first few minutes when one of the elves is about to do a naughty or nice check on a kid, low and behold I see a VF-1 toy as the elf makes a slow motion jump across the room. Now that is random!

I saw that movie with my nephews last week in Pittsburgh at the new Cinemark theater, wasn't my choice I wanted to see Tower Heist. I'm surprised you saw that I didn't even notice, purhaps I'll rent the DVD when it comes out to see and get a photo of it.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure where else I'd put this, but it's kind of appropriate here:

My home office is next door to my 2-year old daughter's room. When she wakes up from her nap in a good mood (fingers always crossed for that), she babbles for a while before she's ready to get up. Today that happened and I hear through the door:

"Nyan-nyan, nyan-nyan! Nyan-nyan, nyan-nyan! Nyan-nyan, nyan-nyan!!"

Good find. I think its very likely the creator is a Macross/Robotech fan. The kid doesn't just have a Valkyrie he looks like Roy Fokker and has a black girlfriend as well.

jeremyandjulie.th.png

greenvalk.th.png

Hasn't come out on this side of the Atlantic yet, but has now become a must see...well, at least until the VF-1 shows up.

If you have a decent proxy you can watch it through Hulu.com. Its episode 4: "Interracial McAdams".

You just read them for the great stories right? :p

Nah can't read Japanese...yet. I just enjoy the fantastic artwork. :D

Edited by Freiflug88