Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

I saw a California license plate "MACROSS" once while on the freeway. Was that one of you guys? :lol:

I also saw a UN Spacy kite sticker on a truck while I was in line for the open call for "Corporate Headquarters".

A few years ago, here in the LA area, I was stuck in traffic behind a red Toyota RAV4 with a license plate which read "MINMAY".

I had actually originally typed "We welcome out giant-sized meltran masters," but decided that the current one was better.

I typed out "Battlefield Earth: Greatest Movie Ever!!"

Taksraven

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a weird one for old school anime fans.

I picked up a Kenichi Sonada book today, a collection of various short comics he did in the 80's. Mostly stuff like Gall Force, a couple short Bubblegum Crisis comics. But waaaaay in the back there's a short one that caught my eye because it had a VF-1 in it. Turns out it was done for the "Bandai Technical Guide" and looks to be a short guide on how to build VF-1 model kits, starring a couple girls who do a pretty bad job of it.

I don't think I'll be able to scan it, but I'll try and take some decent pictures of it tomorrow with the sunlight.

Are you refering to the B-Club Special "Period"? There's not much on the VF-1 at all. Looks more like a gag strip on how to make the kit. Not surprisingly as B-Club is a modeling magazine the last I checked.

Would just be nice if you bothered to read posts before going into your "I know everything" routine.

Same goes for you.

Turns out it was done for the "Bandai Technical Guide" and looks to be a short guide on how to build VF-1 model kits, starring a couple girls who do a pretty bad job of it.

Looks more like a gag strip on how to make the kit.

Yours states instructions. Mine states gag (joke). Apples and oranges.

• 8 months later...
There have been a couple Macross themed cars posted on the forums.

One was by vfx1, I think it was an Acura Integra given the skull squadon treatment. Vaguely remember it even getting in to a magazine?

And there was a member who brought their custom Macross-themed car to MWcon03.

im looking for this as well

i think thats the old paint job on that car, thought i read somewhere that they got told to remove the ranka 'hard on' cuz it was deemed 'kiddie' and nude dont mix. so they had alto an michael hold hands instead.

Edited by Vepariga

Speaking of running into Macross in the weirdest places...

On a whim, I was watching Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka just a few minutes ago when the sudden appearance of Macross Frontier's Captain Wilder caught me by surprise. Attached is the screen capture from episode 8 of the show (about 4:17 in).

Speaking of running into Macross in the weirdest places...

On a whim, I was watching Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka just a few minutes ago when the sudden appearance of Macross Frontier's Captain Wilder caught me by surprise. Attached is the screen capture from episode 8 of the show (about 4:17 in).

Right down to his welders goggles, eh?

Taksraven

• 2 weeks later...
Watch the new Haruji Suzumiya episode being aired and the second of the new episodes you seen Kyon yelling 'Kakaizaki" at 11:45 onward as he peddles a bike loaded with fireworks and launches them off in an italiano circus. You can find the episode subbed here http://www.chihiro-subs.com/2009/06/24/haruhi-02v2-released/

Don't you mean "Itano Circus"?

Watch the new Haruji Suzumiya episode being aired and the second of the new episodes you seen Kyon yelling 'Kakaizaki"

Doesn't he also shout "BOMBAAA!" in one of the episode previews?

I seem to remember that it was kyon who shouted "Bomba", and maybe it was haruhi who said "listen to my song!", but i'll have to check to be sure.

Ahhh...you're probably right then. My bad. :lol:

Doesn't he also shout "BOMBAAA!" in one of the episode previews?

Yeah, for the episode preview for episode 12 (In both orders) "Live A Live" (a Mosepeda reference perhaps?) where Haruhi plays "God Knows" in her bunny outfit.

The episode preview is at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqFa9S4DuOY

I also checked the English dub and as I thought they removed the "Listen to my Song!" and "Bomber!" lines from the dub and simply state next episode Live Alive. No doubt because few Americans would get the Macross 7 reference.

Edited by Freiflug88

Yeah, for the episode preview for episode 12 (In both orders) "Live A Live" (a Mosepeda reference perhaps?) where Haruhi plays "God Knows" in her bunny outfit.

The episode preview is at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqFa9S4DuOY

I also checked the English dub and as I thought they removed the "Listen to my Song!" and "Bomber!" lines from the dub and simply state next episode Live Alive. No doubt because few Americans would get the Macross 7 reference.

I can't remember who dubbed Haruhi, but I'm fairly certain it was Funimation.

And, after some previous run-ins with Funimation, I can honestly say I don't like their policies. Nearly got us shut down.

Regardless, the dub group sucks for removing that. Even Megas had Macross references.

Regardless, the dub group sucks for removing that. Even Megas had Macross references.

Those were SDF Macross references though which had been seen as Robotech though. I think that the dub sucks for atleast not keeping the "Listen to my song." Removing the "Bomber" bit I can understand as 99% Americans would hear him yell "Bomber!" after "Listen to my song" and think "WTF is Kyon a terrorist that hates music or somthing?"