Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, frothymug said:

It would most likely be called "Space Force" though. The US Air Force currently controls practically all of US military space assets, and any Space Force would most likely be an offshoot of the Air Force. It will only be called "Spacy" if it is an offshoot of the Navy, which for the reason I wrote previously is unlikely.

3 hours ago, Nazareno2012 said:

It would most likely be called "Space Force" though. The US Air Force currently controls practically all of US military space assets, and any Space Force would most likely be an offshoot of the Air Force. It will only be called "Spacy" if it is an offshoot of the Navy, which for the reason I wrote previously is unlikely.

The other issue would be Humungy Gawd would come sniffing around for royalty payments. Or claim they own it.

4 hours ago, Nazareno2012 said:

Well, don't be a wet blanket! We don't have any need for your calm, rational reasoning here! :p

A man can dream, right?

2 hours ago, big F said:

The other issue would be Humungy Gawd would come sniffing around for royalty payments. Or claim they own it.

It was HG's plan all along, they want to own the space force so they can rule over all of us with an iron fist. Genius play using an 80's kids show to take over the world.

On 7/14/2017 at 1:45 PM, frothymug said:

Well, don't be a wet blanket! We don't have any need for your calm, rational reasoning here! :p

A man can dream, right?

"Special Forces" would have something to say about an official branch also shorthanded S.F., and I wouldn't want to tug on those manly, manly beards :p

"US Space Command" was a thing once, before it got merged with STRATCOM. they may very well go with that. "Space Corps" is another possibility, which I love, because it opens the door for IRL Space Marines!!!! lol:D

"Space Force" is predictable, boring and stereo-typically bureaucratic... it'll probably be that.:rolleyes:

Just now, barurutor said:

So while looking for pictures of the Glaug firing its weapons i stumbled upon this:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/vce-authorities-apologise-for-phantom-robot-20121119-29lbl.html

Someone photoshopped the Glaug into a WWI-era photo which was then used in some history exams in Australia. 

there's no way to express the amount of laughter that brought me... thanks!

On 20/07/2017 at 2:24 PM, barurutor said:

So while looking for pictures of the Glaug firing its weapons i stumbled upon this:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/vce-authorities-apologise-for-phantom-robot-20121119-29lbl.html

Someone photoshopped the Glaug into a WWI-era photo which was then used in some history exams in Australia. 

This is perhaps the winner for this thread. That's the most random thing ever!

On 7/20/2017 at 5:24 AM, barurutor said:

It's really a shame how little recognition there is for the significant contribution the Zentradi made to the Russian revolution, or more tragically, the staggering losses they suffered fighting on the eastern front in the years prior.

On 21 July 2017 at 11:31 PM, anime52k8 said:

It's really a shame how little recognition there is for the significant contribution the Zentradi made to the Russian revolution, or more tragically, the staggering losses they suffered fighting on the eastern front in the years prior.

Also that Fasa seem to have taken all the credit...... Battletech..... Wtf! Know your history.

i think it's official this thread is done, can't get much better than that, unless we start planting our own Macross stuff out there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does this link in an rt.com articlecount?

I can't open the actual link though since I'm at work, but I'm guessing it's harmful one so not posting it.

But if I'm not mistaken that looks like a VF-25 being compared to an F-22. LOL2mnk7tk.png

Edited by grss1982

On 9/5/2017 at 4:51 AM, grss1982 said:

But if I'm not mistaken that looks like a VF-25 being compared to an F-22. LOL

Of course the VF-25 is way superior the F-22. The disparity between fifth-generation variable fighters in Macross and present-day fighters is shown in my fanfic Macross Alexandria: Manifest Destiny.

Edited by Nazareno2012

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Vepariga said:

I saw a giant Tuna head while doing grocery shopping in japan a few weeks ago, does that count? 

How Giant?:D

6 hours ago, camk4evr said:

So I was a the grocery store today and saw Ben Bova's "Apes and Angels" and saw somthing familiar on the cover:

https://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-7653-7952-8

I'm trying to find a better picture of the cover

Ok. Let's review this...

SDF-1 floating above. Check.

ben-bova_apes-and-angels.jpg.461efda3e62e06450212f6522f5ce12e.jpg

From the description:

...and a Chinese woman is “physically small, doll-like,” and wearing a tunic with “a high mandarin collar.” 

Minmay Doll. Check.

SingingDancingMinmeiDoll.png.f254d308595b0833baef8f6d77dd3fc6.png

I'm calling HG now. Good thing they're on my speed dial. ^_^ 

:rofl:

Edited by no3Ljm