Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

She did a great job of hiding him though she needs to find an orange one. That's why her face is like "psst.. look at the pussy!"

Edited by wmkjr

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know why I didn't think of that. So many Santo Ninos...

Got this idea from a Facebook comment: Heinz Winderemere's outfit, especially before he was proclaimed king, does look very familiar:

And yes, like Heinz, that statue is of a boy too (Sto. Niño/Child Jesus).

In the 13th century, Spain was under Muslim rule. The town of Atocha, now part of Madrid's Arganzuela district, was lost to the Muslims, and many Christians there were taken prisoners as spoils of war. The Christian prisoners were not fed by the jailers, but by family members who brought them food. According to pious legend, the caliph ordered that only children under the age of 12 were permitted to bring food.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Infant_of_Atocha

Probably related to the origin of the legend, or perhaps fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, though, that would be weird to associate with a representation of a child Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not that weird really but in the latest episode of Trekyards the designer of the Next Generation Klingon Vorcha Attack Cruiser, Rick Sternbach, openly admitted the forked disruptor on the front of the ship was directly inspired by the Macross and Yamato.

Edited by Mommar

• 5 weeks later...
On 04/23/2016 at 3:40 PM, eevli said:

TAILS GERWALK

Playing Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast today. Tails in his Valkyrie (Cyclone) full on Gerwalk mode!

195?cb=20111104160117195?cb=20111104155338195?cb=20150121135642

Sonic X has some more references, with the X-Tornado/X-Cyclone resembling the VF-11, and the Blue Typhoon's flight deck looking like Battle 7.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:00 AM, Graham said:

Just saw this Macross related number plate, although the owner probably has no idea.....ha

I didn't get a pic, but I saw a custom plate "HIKARU" recently.   Wondered what they were referencing.  :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Oh I just remembered this from my childhood, does anyone remember the Sega video game Space Harrier. There was this enemy mech that resemble the VF-1 Valkyrie called a birdkyrie or Balkyrie, I think.

2 hours ago, VF-18S Hornet said:

Oh I just remembered this from my childhood, does anyone remember the Sega video game Space Harrier. There was this enemy mech that resemble the VF-1 Valkyrie called a birdkyrie or Balkyrie, I think.

Yup it would do flyby attacks, there were also references to Gundam and The NeverEnding Story in there. Guess Yu Suzuki didn't really care about copyrights back then ^_^.