Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

Japan is really a funky place, too bad that they hate non-japanese people because I would really like to live there.

Don't let the few bad apples spoil it for you (the same holds true for any country, anywhere).

Japan is really a funky place, too bad that they hate non-japanese people because I would really like to live there.

I actually hate baka gaijins; impolite, rude, arrogant guys. For example, some English teachers hanging around Roppongi. They are hated by non-Japanese businessmen, too.

I distinguish those guys from usual non-Japanese people.

Been here almost 10 years, and the worst I've had is people not sitting next to me on the train.

Looks more like an Invid to me but so does Vajra..

Aside from the organic shaped armor I don't see how the insect Vajira and crab Invid mecha look anything alike. None of the Invid mecha had thoraces, wings, segmented eyes or antennas of insects. On top of that all Invid mecha and the Invid foot soldiers themselves were shown with only two legs.

Aside from the organic shaped armor I don't see how the insect Vajira and crab Invid mecha look anything alike. None of the Invid mecha had thoraces, wings, segmented eyes or antennas of insects. On top of that all Invid mecha and the Invid foot soldiers themselves were shown with only two legs.

It doesn't have to look exactly alike to remind me but hard shell foot soldiers being controlled in a hive mind with a queen does evoke images of the Invid..

Edited by terry the lone wolf

hard shell foot soldiers being controlled in a hive mind with a queen does evoke images of the Invid..

I will give you that the Robotech version (which introduced many of us to the Original source material) did invoke a portrayal of a queen led hive mind with her constant voiceover explaining the Invids' actions and filling in the silent moments.

Anyway I feel things have gotten a bit off topic... Scans the interwebs for more Macross easter eggs...

To get us back on topic, something that I should have posted here years ago...

post-367-0-60557900-1390185174_thumb.jpg

Not entirely a "weird place" to me, since they're my own plates, but would surely qualify if one of you had seen them in the wild.

These were the personalized plates I got when I moved to Ohio. Decided to switch to a different option when I bought a new car in 2011, but of course I've kept the old plates around. (Discussion of the reference on the new plates would fall into our "weapons banter" thread. ;))

• 4 weeks later...

On Star Wars The Clone Wars facebook page today...

The barrels on the sides of Pre Vizsla's helmet design is partially inspired by an unused Doug Chiang drawing for a clone trooper helmet made for Episode II, as well as the head cannons found on the Veritech fighter seen in the Robotech/Macross series. It serves to make Vizsla stand out even more as Death Watch leader.

1891279_674633135909317_69728638_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was walking through the parking lot at my work today to go get lunch, wearing my MW VF-1A on launch arm shirt, when someone walking buy says "Nice shirt." I look, and see that he's wearing a Macross line art with SDF-1 written on it shirt, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Aya Endo voices one of the characters in the Kantai Collection browser based game and it seems like no coincidence that the Bismarck looks and acts like Sheryl Nome. She's even got the haughty attitude.

http://youtu.be/5BPse_QGI9s?t=6m43s

She shows up around 6:43 in this video.

post-1819-0-68090200-1398354418_thumb.jpg

some fans have even made crossover art because of the similarities.

Edited by VF5SS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...