Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

SuperStreet Magazine... May 2013 Volume. Page 30 LOL

SuperStreet is hard to find in my area now but I'll look for it. Btw I never had a Type R but my buddy who had one was too drunk to drive so I took him home. Nice to know the needle can go up to 9000 lol

Yeah too bad mine got stolen from my parent's garage on Jack stands and no steering wheel and the assphats still managed to take it. The sad thing about it is that a month after they found my shell, I found out that my neighbor's friend with a blue civic lives a block away from where they found the shell. Coincidence? I dare not think so. I'd rather not get into it. But yeah I love how that redline hits when I down shift and bring it up a notch with was* my hytech header and exhaust system.

Yeah too bad mine got stolen from my parent's garage on Jack stands and no steering wheel and the assphats still managed to take it. The sad thing about it is that a month after they found my shell, I found out that my neighbor's friend with a blue civic lives a block away from where they found the shell. Coincidence? I dare not think so. I'd rather not get into it. But yeah I love how that redline hits when I down shift and bring it up a notch with was* my hytech header and exhaust system.

Wow thats too bad the Type R will always be an iconic car. Too bad a lot of them had their engine stolen and put into Civics. I myself have an 08 SI with the K20 but I know it isnt a type R though I still wish. I cant wait to check out the magazine to see the Macross refference.

1989 Hong Kong Chinese movie 'Alibaba'

http://youtu.be/56VYsniMvlo?t=35m (click to start playing at the 35:00 mark)

"Dogfighter" lol

This movie is... just like "Spaghetti Western" in China... How to call it? "Spring roll Arabian" or something like that?

:blink: Wow. OK, well, somebody has to show Kawamori this.

And is there a character called "Doraemon" in there, or are those subtitles just weird?

Well this is the Hong Kong version of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves combined with Aladdin (Magic Lamp). And the Doraemon in the movie is the Genie inside the Magic Lamp. :wacko:

"Dogfighter" lol

This movie is... just like "Spaghetti Western" in China... How to call it? "Spring roll Arabian" or something like that?

It's actually not "Dogfighter", it's "戦いの運命" "Fate of the Battle" (if Google translate is correct). It seems that the whole scene was a collection of DYRL BGM.

It's actually not "Dogfighter", it's "戦いの運命" "Fate of the Battle" (if Google translate is correct). It seems that the whole scene was a collection of DYRL BGM.

This one? Hmm.

http://youtu.be/soTO6GqjIxA

Well, an usual Chinese daily life. Was and still is. After watching that fake Gundam statue in Sichuan, it is hard to make me surprise.

Thanks.

Edited by antibiotictab

I wonder if the guy even knows?

_jenius_.jpg

I don't even know how to reply to this. It's hard to believe not a single person in his life wasn't able to stop him from being this stupid.

I don't even know how to reply to this. It's hard to believe not a single person in his life wasn't able to stop him from being this stupid.

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I'm assuming that telling this particular fellow that he's doing something stupid can have consequences that are hazardous for one's health.

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I'm assuming that telling this particular fellow that he's doing something stupid can have consequences that are hazardous for one's health.

meh, just another punk-ass. they're a dime a dozen out there... :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Really?!?!

044f3b7a.jpg

Don't know if it's photoshopped or not. But if not, now everytime someone tells me that Macross is ludicrous because no one sings/plays music during armed ombat will be linked to this picture

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a nostalga kick for Robot Jox not to long ago, then I caught an online article written from the director. He metions Macross as one of his inspirations for the movie...

http://fullmoonhorror.com/2012/01/09/the-t-is-silent-stuart-gordons-lab-report/

Interesting read BTW.

Edited by Flaming Guantlet