Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi ha Mada Shiranai

Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome ha Machigatteiru

Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Ja Nai n Dakara ne

Moshi Koukou Yakyuu no Joshi Manager ga Drakkar no 'Management' wo Yondara

Any others?

These one:

- Onii-chan dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!

- Dakara Boku wa, Ecchi ga Dekinai

- Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen Mae Hashutsujo

And also this probably the shortest anime title ever made:

- K

Edited by Skull_Commander

- Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen Mae Hashutsujo

Others were released in a couple of years, but only that one had started from late 70s.

When it started on Weekly Shonen Jump, of course, I thought its title was too long, strange and funny. But we have got used to it.

Without it, the comics/ light novels/ animes which have long names may not exist so easily.

Name of that game? It's a custom skin?

AirMech_Poster.jpg

Striker-380_zpsc416a47b.png

-nope, standard skin. based on the similar skin/pattern found in the 1989 SEGA GENESIS game "HERZOG ZWEI"

gfs_92114_2_8_zps5fc59f52.jpg

AirMech2-1.gif

Edited by Shaorin

Seen in the sky when I was at the beach over the Easter weekend.

BYXHyAR.jpg

A near perfect "dino-bird" cloud.

Not as detailed as the original from Plus, but it's close enough for something mother nature did.

Edited by d3v

-nope, standard skin. based on the similar skin/pattern found in the 1989 SEGA GENESIS game "HERZOG ZWEI"

Omg~ have you played the game? I'm a big big fan of the Genesis Herzog. I'm not aware of this game. The Wiki says it is inspired by Herzog, but how similar are they? Are they very identical?

One of the best 2P game on Genesis. Missed that childhood friend who often come my house and played with me.

Omg~ have you played the game? I'm a big big fan of the Genesis Herzog. I'm not aware of this game. The Wiki says it is inspired by Herzog, but how similar are they? Are they very identical?

One of the best 2P game on Genesis. Missed that childhood friend who often come my house and played with me.

Airmech is free to play on Steam if you are interested.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206500/

Never looked in this thread before so sorry if was already mentioned.

I'm watching the movie Arthur Christmas with my kids ATM, and during the beginning Christmas delivery sequence when the one Elf is jumping through the kids room that has all the noisy toys you can see a VF-1S toy lying on its back on the floor.

Chris

There is a reference to Macross mecha in "Ready Player One", I'm still reading it so no spoiler please :D

Edit: Sopilers ahead.

Finished it... weird... the first time the main character sees a bunch of robots he immediately recognized them as Macross mechs, but in the end of the books he says "Robotech Robots" so... the Author is a Troll, right? :huh:

Edited by Gerli

So, I was visiting the Udvar-Hazy Center (Air and Space Museum Annex) after kicking ass at a rocketry competition in central Virginia, and I came upon this case display:

post-13007-0-33405100-1365528318_thumb.jpg

They had these in there as part of the Transformers exhibit. I guess they put it in there because there was a scene in one of the movies that takes place in the museum... I haven't seen it, though. On the left is the transformable SR-71 toy. Note on the card that it does give credit to Japanese toymakers.

Edited by frothymug

• 2 weeks later...

Omg~

have you played the game? I'm a big big fan of the Genesis Herzog. I'm

not aware of this game. The Wiki says it is inspired by Herzog, but how

similar are they? Are they very identical?

a wonderful, unique little gem, that HERZOG ZWEI, nothing ever remotely like it in 20 years now... until AIRMECH came along!!

indeed, AIRMECH is in fact a deliberate fan sequel in MMO form that has taken on a life of it's own

in the last couple three years since it's debut.

trust this fellow devoted HZ fan when i tell you that AIRMECH is everything a fan could ask for in a sequel,

and it's getting better still all the time.. :wub:

Edited by Shaorin

"Vajra" also means "Basara."

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/十二神将

But according to it, Vajra doesn't have so much relation with the word "basara."

Basara reminds me of basara zamurais like Sasaki Douyo in Taiheiki and Maeda Keiji in the Sengoku era.

Are there any Rekijos here? They could answer it in detail.

Edited by antibiotictab

But according to it, Vajra doesn't have so much relation with the word "basara."

Basara reminds me of basara zamurais like Sasaki Douyo in Taiheiki and Maeda Keiji in the Sengoku era.

Are there any Rekijos here? They could answer it in detail.

I know they both are different interpretations of the same sanskrit word, though I think 婆娑羅 may be the most common kanji for "basara". The meaning of the words have diverged throughout history.

「婆娑羅など幾つかの漢字表記があり、梵語(サンスクリット語)で「vajra = 金剛石(ダイヤモンド)」を意味するが、意味の転訛は不明であるとされる。」

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%B0%E3%81%95%E3%82%89

I know they both are different interpretations of the same sanskrit word, though I think 婆娑羅 may be the most common kanji for "basara". The meaning of the words have diverged throughout history.

「婆娑羅など幾つかの漢字表記があり、梵語(サンスクリット語)で「vajra = 金剛石(ダイヤモンド)」を意味するが、意味の転訛は不明であるとされる。」

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%B0%E3%81%95%E3%82%89

In case of basara as the attitude or the lifestyle, Nekki Basara=basara≒kabuki-mono≒kabuki Actor=Alto Saotome, hm.

The word "Vajra" came from the ancient Indian language, by way of ancient China, to Japan.

The tools are used by Shingon-shu Buddhist priests. Kuukai (Koubou-Daishi) brought it from China to Japan about 1,200 years ago?

Hmmmmm, I have no idea. Even Wikipedia doesn't tell it in detail.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%87%91%E5%89%9B%E6%9D%B5

Kobo Daishi threw it from China and it landed in the center of Mount Koya - which just happens to be shaped in a lotus blossom - and the Vajra landed right in the middle of it...

... or so the story goes.

Kobo Daishi threw it from China and it landed in the center of Mount Koya - which just happens to be shaped in a lotus blossom - and the Vajra landed right in the middle of it...

... or so the story goes.

Yes, Kongobuji (金剛峯寺). Kongo (金剛)=Vajra=Diamond. Bu (峯)=summit. And lotus is the symbol of Buddhism.
I have been to Kawasaki-Daishi Temple for Yakuyoke(厄除け).
Koubou-Daishi appears in a proverb.
"Even Koubou sometimes made a mistake in writing" ≒ "Even Homer sometimes nods."