Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

Kaldar, since you're sort of new, I'll explain to you how this works. AgentOne will jump into a random non-M7 specific thread and say something derogatory about Macross 7 and/or its fans out of the blue, usually homophobic.

Yep, I saw some earlier ones in other old threads.

Hold up.. I never said Basara was gay. I just said that guy at the gay pride parade looked like Basara, dressed like Basara, and was leading over a railing being annoying and in your face, like Basara. I may have created some controversy around M7 since it came out and I do feel I speak for the older Macross fans who are all like WTF, when they watch it.

Also, you guys said mods do noting around here!? I was banned for 2.5 YEARS for all the trouble I caused! (there was actually a ton of sh!t I did like having an animated gif avatar with 50 frames and one of the frames showed the male genitals shot from fight club). I have had a ton of fun here and made some good friends, but I had to know the limits before Graham let me back in.

In my exile I have matured, and I feel I can still make fun of M7 (the same way I make fun of Hikaru making his flight suit seal to his helmet with a scarf), but not with the ferocity of before. I am not going to kick dirt in anyone's face over liking M7.

Every time I see NepLeague's "five bomber" segment, I think they're saying "fire bomber".

o0480027011808584438.jpg

Pic doesn't work... But what's really funny is that due to the way it's written, the banner that appears above the stage during the concert scenes in Dynamite 7 always looked to me like it says "Five Bomber"!

Pic doesn't work... But what's really funny is that due to the way it's written, the banner that appears above the stage during the concert scenes in Dynamite 7 always looked to me like it says "Five Bomber"!

The changes to how Google handles images is annoying. >.<  Hopefully this new one will work.

Heh, I haven't had the opposite (fire := five bomber) happen, yet.

Edited by sketchley

THIS IS REALLY FUNNY. There was a story on the internet today about how a "robot" was featured in a source that was supposed to be about the Russian Revolution of 1917 in a Senior exam in Victoria Australia. Seems that the people putting together the exam had taken the source from the internet without looking at it too closely and had failed to notice the "robot" in the image of Revolutionaries Storming the Winter Palace in 1917.

So I looked at the image to see if I could spot the robot. Can you??

1_art-TRANSFORMER3-620x349.jpg

Here is the article. Read and enjoy......

A postscript to my earlier post.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaldar, since you're sort of new, I'll explain to you how this works. AgentOne will jump into a random non-M7 specific thread and say something derogatory about Macross 7 and/or its fans out of the blue, usually homophobic. In no time, Duke Togo, supposedly having received some sort of "M7 hate alarm" triggered by A1's comment, will awaken and chime in with the internet equivalent of "Yeah! What he said". Later, other MW members will jump in and the thread will turn into an M7 love/hate thread, each side attempting to make a case for why it rocks/sucks. The thread degenerates into chaos, and despite sporadic mod warnings every so often, eventually is locked. Which means that AgentOne is now free to find another thread to destroy. Unless he gets banned, after which he is allowed to come back anyway for good behaviour or something, I don't know what happens there.

Seriously, I've seen this pattern over and over -- you can do a search if you have time/can be bothered, it's clockwork. In a way, it's impressive.

Classic Agent One!

Astroboy Hikaru

By the way, this is the official Anime Contents Expo 2013 commercial...

Tokyo International Anime Fair, not Anime Contents Expo.

By the way, do I have to go to both of them...? Because of Ishihara...

Tokyo International Anime Fair, not Anime Contents Expo.

By the way, do I have to go to both of them...? Because of Ishihara...

Argh, I got those two confused. Yeah, Ishihara basically said he doesn't care about Anime Fair and so the companies backed out, and got together and made the Anime Contents Expo. And now it seems everyone forgot the reason for doing that in the first place so we have two.

Not really Macross per se, but it got me wondering if they took the Skull Squadron logo from the US Navy, or is this pilot a Macross fan?

Kind of a long established fact that the markings and paint scheme of Scull Squadron are directly based on VF-84 Jolly Rogers

VF-84 was disestablished in 1995, but the name and insignia are currently being used by VFA-103 (seen in the video), BTW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VF-84

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VFA-103

Here's a new one for ya. Spotted this one while I was watching "The Watch". Looks like one of those robotech super possible figures.

GAWD, those things suck hard. only ever owned two,

right down there with those old BANPRESTO "PERFECT TRANSFORMATION" game-prize VF-1s in terms of overall crappiness...